Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2011, 9:17 AM Reply   
We're pretty pumped about this one. This is the first boat that we have ordered from scratch. It's everything we wanted, right down to the interior colors, graphics, stereo, Everything.

If you're at Spring Ride this weekend, ask us for a set, or a test drive even.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-04-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
whats the rundown on the stereo? she looks amazing!
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-04-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Looks awesome ! Cant wait to see it in two days !!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-04-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
sick as always!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
Man.... I haven't even touched the boat yet. I can't wait till we can get some more pics of the interior and in-water shots. I'm so pumped for the summer. Huge thanks to Boat Country and Malibu for getting this boat together. It's going to be extra hard for us to have to sell this one.

Incidently.... We've still got our '08 X-star at Boat Country in Escalon for sale if anybody is looking for a new boat.... Pimped to the max and ready for summer.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-04-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
Wow, that looks great guys, very nice work!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I'll post the specs on the stereo once it's all done. Chucktronics is doing the custom install. We've got 6 NVS modus' on the tower which required some special brackets to be custom fabbed. I think we ended up with 4 Arc Audio 12s and 7 Arc Audio amps. Not sure on the specs though.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
Man I had the WORST experience with chucktronics I cant even believe there in business with the kind of customer service they provide...
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-04-2011, 2:32 PM Reply   
I will post a System layout shortly with all the Arc Amplifiers .

Brenden - Shoot me a PM or Email regarding your situation and I will be glad to get you taken care of .
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
Ryan I cant seem to send you a pm, please try sending me a pm.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-04-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
The boat looks great. Is the graphic on the window perforated or solid?

@Brenden - Its hard for me to believe that Chucktronics gave you a bad experience. They are practically my neighbors and have yet to hear anything negative about them.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
I'm not saying they don't do good work. I have had a very hard time dealing with them and getting a hold of them as I live out of state, but I sent ryan a pm and hopefully he can come up with some awnsers and a solution for my issue.
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-04-2011, 5:02 PM Reply   
2nd the surprise at the Chucktronics comment, I have never heard anything but praise. Can't wait to see/hear the CIE boat this weekend!!! Wishin I took Thursday off so I could leave tonight!
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-04-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
The Amplifiers:

(3) Arc 300.4 amplifiers to the tower
(2) Arc 300.2 for the 8 interior speakers
(2) Arc 1000.1 strapped together for the subs
Audio Control Eqs

We were short on time before spring ride so we have installed 3 10" for the meanwhile and It will receive the big stuff after spring ride. I will Add some install pics soon OR just come out to SPRING RIDE SEVEN and check everything out.

Ben - Nice post on the WS Rev Gear .
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-04-2011, 7:44 PM Reply   
Please put your brain in gear prior to putting your mouth in gear.

Ryan is a class act - nicest guy I have ever spoken to over the phone. I was finally able to buy something from him a couple of months ago which I am happy that I did b/c he has spent time with me on the phone with my system. BTW - I live in TX and I was able to get a hold of him just fine.

Keep up the great work and classy service Ryan!!
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
Fact is no one on here knows the frustration I have gone through with them. Thanks to this thread, I have finally been contacted by Ryan, so I hope we can get things sorted out. I am not saying Ryan is a bad guy, or does bad work, I know he has been out sick, and maybe he just has some bad personnel that works for him I dont know. Maybe my experience is one of a kind, but Ryan has contact me and wants to make things right! So I hope all goes well!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2011, 7:57 PM Reply   
1000th vote for Ryan and his helpfulness and professionalism.......haters......they are everywhere......
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-04-2011, 8:59 PM Reply   
I'd like to vouch for him too. He is consistently going out of his way to help me and answer all of my questions. In addition, he has accomodated me several times by meeting me at his shop at odd hours and over the weekend.

Keep up the good work Ryan.....it is greatly appreciated.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-04-2011, 11:57 PM Reply   
I saw a boat which was imported to NZ with a chucktronics system in it, verrrrrry impressive work....
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
well I hope I can vouch for him as well after we solve the issue..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
I know we can vouch for the service. He's meets us to pick up, and drop off our boat, to save us the hassle. I think he even met us on the water once to change out a sub.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-05-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
I've dealt with him out of state also and from my experience Ryan's customer service was excellent.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2011, 10:05 AM Reply   
Becides the fact that Ryan only plays "Thriller" and wears a Red jacket with a bunch of zippers he is a pretty cool guy.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-05-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
Do you guys have any affiliates down here in so cal? Orange county area? Someone you can recommend? Or anyone else for that matter, if you have a good stereo shop you use?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-05-2011, 12:01 PM Reply   
Looks good guys. I am not sure I like the speakers on the outside of the tower or the color of the stickers but that is just me. It isn't on the same level of the Bone Crushers but then again there is no boat that even comes close to as sexy as a slumped Star. You guys run with a ton of weight and no wedge? How does it compare to the Bone Crushers?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
Looks gangster for sure. Why the switch to Malibu?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-05-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
Back to the original topic.......

Boat looks awesome guys!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2011, 1:43 PM Reply   
Brett... Wait till we post some pics of it in the water and slumped. It's a dead sick boat. I loved the Stars, but this boat is every bit as badass. The interior is plush and all the new options are really cool. We'll give you the update on the wake once we get all the break in hours on and get the wake dialed. Last year we ran with the wedge down for the Spring Ride dubs. The boat should be on the water as I type getting dialed in. I'm hoping to get a set behind it tonight or tomorrow morning. FWIW... we ran Modus' on the outside of the X-star tower, too. We decided against the Deviants or Prodigy's in favor of more head room with this tower. The proto type mounts were all Al's deal. He did an awesome job.

Hate... Just something different. Working with Malibu has been amazing. They've been Spring Ride's tow boat for the last 3 years. This year we decided to make it official and have a LSV as the official boat of CIE. You know how it goes... It's a hard choice when you're talking MC or Malibu. They're both great and they've both been great to us.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
I've always been a big fan of the Malibu's. First boat was an LSV. I love the body lines and I much prefer the interior of the Malibu. It's more luxurious, quieter, laid out for more seating room, and the boat is more efficient. (That part is fact.) At prior Spring Rides, the Xstar had to be filled with gas half way through the double up contest. The slammed LSV runs all day with gas to spare. It may have something to do with the heavily weighted transom on the Xstar, vs. the nose heavy Malibu with the Wedge. Any thoughts from the Malibu guys?

We also make a point to partner with great boat dealers that are a fit for what we are doing. Boat Country in Escalon (our Malibu dealer) is outstanding. Spring ride will be the second local, grass roots event that Boat Country has supported in the last two weeks. No one else is doing that.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-05-2011, 5:20 PM Reply   
"It's more luxurious"

ha, you said luxurious...... because you know it is!!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2011, 7:00 PM Reply   
I was jealous of the X2, jealous of the Xstar, jealous of the LSV. Nice work guys.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-13-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
Ran the boat all weekend at Spring Ride. Flawless.

Finally got it home and rode it at the delta yesterday. Got to fully load it up. Left the wedge up and loaded all throughout the boat. Definitely biased a lot of the lead toward the front. Man.... What a rediculous boat. Smooth and bada$$. Drives like a dream even fully loaded. And the wake...... Mackin'. Almost exactly like our Star was. If I was blindfolded I couldn't tell the difference.

I'm lovin' this boat already. We left the table in it and had so much room to kick it and hang out after our sets. My favorite feature: the heated seat. I never thought I'd say it, but on a chilly night it's awesome to have a nice warm seat when you're headed back to the dock.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-13-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
So Cal CIE Malibu? just saying........it can only lead to good things...
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-13-2011, 12:19 PM Reply   
Evan,

As fuel efficiancy goes id say it just has to do with the engine. The wedge still creates 1250# of downforce, more of a drag then the Mastercraft.

Why did you choose a LSV? I run a slammed VLX, never tried a slammed LSV. Is it more rampy?
Old     (fabio)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-14-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
hi guys, when possible, can you post some pics of the bonecrusher's famous wake?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-16-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Michael... I'm liking the shape of the wake without the wedge and with extra weight in the back. In comparison I think we're basically accomplishing the same thing (weighting the rear of the boat). The factory ballast and wedge make a nice wake out of the box, but when heavily weighted I prefer the mellower shape of water/lead weight. As for the LSV vs. VLX: There really wasn't a reason aside from liking the bigger boat. It's got a ton of space inside. I love the VLX also and would probably have one for my family, but with the CIE crew, family and friends regularly riding with us, the big boat is awesome. Wake compared to wake... I think the LSV is a bit wider, but not entirely different in terms of shape.

Over the years one thing I noticed is that the X-star really doesn't take that much weight to make the wake huge. The Malibu will actually swallow more weight to get the same wake. The difference is that the X-star liked to be really heavy in the back. The Malibu likes to be heavy in the middle/front. So the Malibu, even with more weight, get's on plane as fast or faster with the same motor. The X-star was really inefficient cruising around when it was loaded up with lead. Even when we drained the water it still rode tail heavy. Rpm to Rpm, the Malibu is turning 3,700 at ride speed. The X-star turned 4,200. All things being equal the Malibu should be more efficient. We'll see as the summer goes on. We've already got visions of another sack in the middle of the boat. We have a bad habit of trying to get the absolute most of a wake.

Qui Gon Jinn: We'll post some of the Malibu's wake pics as soon as we get them. We've only had the boat out a couple times. There are plenty of pics of the X-stars wake floating around if you search the archives. It was big, but I think the LSV is very comparable. I don't even think I could tell the difference if I were blindfolded. We loved the X-star wake and loaded the LSV to make basically the same thing. We've been very happy already. It's been the easiest wake we've ever dialed in.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-16-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
I ran factory MLS full -1250 plus a 550 in each rear locker plus a 750 in the nose and the wedge a few clicks up from the down position. All i can say is it was the most massive wake i have seen. Running ACME 1235 at about 3700-3800rpm around 22mph
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-16-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Thank you Evan. I noticed your last boat was red and this new boat is black. Has the color impacted the performance of the boat, your riding outfit selection, or the tricks you chose to throw down? Thank you in advance for your professional insight.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-16-2011, 7:01 PM Reply   
Hey I think the new boat looks Great. Can't help but think back to 2006 when Clay got his new Black and Pink Bu "The Pink Poodle"
https://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319070
Jarod I think your exact words were. LOOK'S GAY They removed your post from the orignal thread, Thank God its was a crappy thing to say about a guys new boat. But it's good to see you have turned over and new leaf and now can embrace pink! LOL LOL LOL
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-16-2011, 9:07 PM Reply   
is that pin stripe pink? i thought it was red?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
Grant. Those weren't my words. The picture may tell a different story, but nothing on our boat is pink.

Now, shouldn't you be working on trying to get control of your BUMP event?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
Picture on the water.

No wake pictures yet. Waiting for some good weather to spend a day on the boat. Looks like it won't happen this weekend.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
The boat looks great. Jarod I think you might have selectieve memory, I think when you fell off your MX bike in that video you might have lost some memory LOL You did say that!
Quote:
Now, shouldn't you be working on trying to get control of your BUMP event?
Yea that's good Idea. I wouldn't want the Car keying that went on in the parking lot at Spring Ride to happen at Bump
Ok Ill stop the ribbing NOW! The boat looks killer no matter what colors it is. Have fun and enjoy it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
I recall who said that, and it wasn't me.

What's your problem, Grant?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-17-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
Oh I definitely said it..... Clearly those weren't Jarrod's exact words, since it was me.

Herein lies the problem with the internet. You can be having "one of those days" and just post what's on your mind. I would have never said that directly to Clay and I realize the error in my ways. However, I maintain that pink wouldn't have been my first choice no matter how bada$$ of a boat you've got. More power to him for bucking the trend.

Now if it were teal it'd be a whole different story......

As for BUMP and Spring Ride: You're not going to see me bashing anything you guys are doing. We're all doing events for the love of it. There is little money and no glory involved. We're going through many of the same growing pains. 7 years in and we've been through the ringer too many times to count, but it's still fun, so we keep doing it. Props to you guys for putting in the work and taking on the liability so a bunch of people can have a weekend to remember. Unfortunately, all it takes is a couple a$$holes to ruin the fun for everyone.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
Evan thanks for clearing everthing up. I understand and agree with everything you said.
Jarod sorry my mistake i thought it was you that made the coment. With that said it was light hearted and i thought it came off that way but i can understand not likeing being mis quoted my bad
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-17-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
Looks like pink and purple on my screen?? Guess it must been seen to be appreciated. I'm sure it's sick!
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
Though I would post to say Big Thanks to Ryan at Chucktronics for straightening out my issue!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
Evan, when i got my Bu i wasnt to sold on the wedge earlier. It sonly helps if its set and weighted right. Ive played with a ton of different weight set ups. its a bit foggy now but Im running 1500 in lead and the factory plus 1200#'s in fly high bags. The wedge brings that beast alive. But the settings dont all help if that makes sense. for a heavy load only 1 or 2 work.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2011, 8:05 PM Reply   
Boat looks killer guys. Need to post up some interior pics. Looking forward to seeing a wake pic also. It doesnt look that big but I bet its huge. What color is it?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-17-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
Where's the write up on the system Ryan?
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-17-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
it's com'n

All I have is crappy phone pics right now . Need to copy the rest and post soon

The (3) Arc audio 300.4 for the tower had to be mounted behind the observer seat in order to fit them all . The side of the new malibu's has a service hole there already ,we just opened it up a little more to allow amps to pass through and be mounted on the side walls that were also installed .
Attached Images

Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2011, 8:36 PM Reply   
Lookin good. Ryan what's the final plan for sub/subs for the boat?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
Yeah Ryan, whats the final plan for the Subs!? :-)
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       05-18-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
That boat looks so clean w/o all those decals.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2011, 8:08 AM Reply   
That boat is sooo bad ass
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-18-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
jarrod- still looking for pink and purple speakers to match!............jk
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-18-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNvisible View Post
That boat looks so clean w/o all those decals.
totally agree.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-18-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Yup, and whomever gets the boat when we're done with it can rock it that way, but we've got to support those that support us, so stickers it is, but it is one seriously clean boat. Probably my favorite boat I've seen (obviously I'm a bit biased).
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
Rode past you guys a couple of times last night in my grey and blue VLX, and drove past at storage. That boat is deffinitly a sick boat. Kinda fun passing by a few times with two loaded down boats. I kept thinking as we got close who ever fell, the driver would have some fun. Oh thanks for sharing the chanel, everything else sucked.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-20-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
Sick boat...what engine did you guys get?