Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    SamIngram            10-20-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
When doing my tantrum I almost always end up going to revert or blowing it out the back door. Why? How do you fix this?

This video was shot almost three years ago, but I still do the same thing almost 85% of the time on the tantrum.

A perfect example is at the 0:35 and 1:50 marks in the video

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="Instructional Video Funny Videos">
Instructional Video - Watch more Funny Videos
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-20-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
from what i can see your not using the wake to trip you, you need to square your shoulders up at the wake and stand tall when you hit it
Old    SamIngram            10-21-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
When I do land it, I don't think I do anything different except I don't seem to rotate to revert.

Thanks!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-22-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
sam it's like michael said you need to square your shoulders to the boat ,push up and stand tall at the top of the wake and look back like doing a back flip.keep your head square to your shoulders. this will help you rotate straight , then spot your landing and ride away.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-22-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
sam it's like michael said you need to square your shoulders to the boat ,push up and stand tall at the top of the wake and look back like doing a back flip.keep your head square to your shoulders. this will help you rotate straight , then spot your landing and ride away.
I 3rd that.....You need to square it up.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-22-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
Release your back hand from the handle MUCH sooner than you are now. Your body cannot get into the squared position because you won't let it!
Does that make sense?

Last edited by wakekat15; 10-22-2010 at 6:21 PM. Reason: Follow up
Old    SamIngram            10-26-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
I'll try this next weekend if my finger is willing...

Thanks Everyone!
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-26-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
I'll try this next weekend if my finger is willing...

Thanks Everyone!
I hope your finger is willing too... i missed the hoochie glide attempt, I don't want to miss the tantrum attempt marathon

I'll bring a camera this time... we can make a new instructional video
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-27-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
Hey Sam! Let us know how it works out. If you release that back hand a little sooner, I don't think it will take a marathon of attempts to ride away! Just be sure you are looking straight back on the flip vs turning your head. I am attaching a link, but took a screen shot of your take off vs. the rider in the link. Check out the difference in the angle of your board at take off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgtM7Dxtxk
Attached Images

Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-13-2011, 10:29 PM Reply   
On both of the Tantrum attempts it seems to me that you are standing a little too early, try standing tall right before you're hitting the wake.
Old     (andrew_wakeboarding)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
I have this same problem. I took a video of mine and slowed it down to .125% and as i watched it i realized that i was spotting my landing over my right shoulder and right as this happened my board would go out behind me. So you just have to focus on spotting yor landing directly behind you.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
don't throw it over your back shoulder, squaring the wakes is a quick fix, but it's also the way you're "throwing it", throw it square, if not more over your lead shoulder. Put your arm up as if you're about to flex your bicep to someone, that is how you want to be at the peak of the wake. slightly looking over your lead shoulder if you need to look to spot, like you're looking at your bicep, should also help keep you square.