Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
We have a 2007 launch limited and are currently having a few problems that I would like to know if anybody has some quick fixes for.

The boat is docked and covered every night and it is unable to dry out. We are not able to get out everyday, so over time the humidity builds up under the cover and everything becomes wet. This is a big problem especially because the amps and radios are becoming less reliant due to the moisture.

The dealer informed me that one issue is when it rains, water gets in through the vent just below the window on the driver and passenger side (we have a snap cover :/). Unfortunately that happens to be right where the amps are located. Has anyone sealed these?

I need to cut down the moisture to prevent any further damage...

Thanks
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-23-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
You need to get your boat under canopy. If the moisture dosnt get you the UV radiation will. Hopefully your boat is at least on a lift.
Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2010, 8:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's under a lift. A canopy is not much of an option either.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-23-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
Try some dehumidifier pellets.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-23-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
Nothing ever good comes from leaving your boat in the water for a long period of time, for as much as you spent on that boat why not pull it out and dry store it when you wont be using it for awhile? Everyone who docks there boats in the water ends up having problems. If you cant pull it out, get a one piece cover, it will work much better than the snap down mooring cover, it is not water tight with the snaps.

Just my .02.......
Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
Travis:

The boat gets used probably every three days.. We're not talking weeks at a time. However, if it does rain, water does get in unfortunately. I'll look into a full cover, but I just wanted to know if anything else can be done as well.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-24-2010, 1:50 AM Reply   
Do not seal those vents. That will only help to hold moisture in. Is there power near buy you could plug one of the boat dehumidifers into?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-24-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
The way I look at it is you've got a $50k plus boat.....either get a canopy ( sounds like you can't--i'm guessing restrictions?) If not buy a new cover, the snap cover isnt' going to cut it.

I hones;ty dont' think the de humidifiers are gonna work that great with a snap cover.....those covers let alot of water in.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2010, 6:34 AM Reply   
Being in Florida we have heard of this. If you have a power outlet you can buy a dehumidifier under the cover. You can put it on a timer so it only runs during the day. I know of a guy that could not stop getting mildew. He did the dehumidifier thing and it worked. Might try that. They are not that expensive.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-24-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
what mat'l is your cover?? sounds like it's not very breathable.