Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
Hey, I currently ride behind a 2002 Tige 20v riders and ever sense we got it weve had so many problems. Electrical, engine problems you name it, Today it was working fine for all day and then it just stopped working, sounded like the battery was dead but it was full charge. It really maeks me made because I just got it back from the shop 2 days ago for fixing the water intake. Anyone have similar problems? I think the same electrical thing happend a while back too, but i cant remember because of all the other problems. It just makes me mad. Oh and only 2 out of the 6 speakers work too.

oh by the way anyone know the best weighting for a 20v? we mess around with it everyday but usually by the end of the night there are like 10 people in the boat. so whatever we start out with just gets more and it seems to become overkill. just curious.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-11-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
Did you check to see if any of the breakers tripped (black buttons under the switches)? I have a 2002 20v and have had just one problem with it, which was caused by a short in the wiring for TAPS. It would short out intermittently and cause the primary breaker to trip so the engine would cut out.

I put a 350# sac up front and then 2 v-drive sacs in the rear storage lockers (about 200# each) but as far forward as possible. With 3 or 4 people in the boat we set TAPS at 8 but with more people we keep TAPS about 6 and speed about 22. The wake ends up being good size and nice shape.

I have about 315 hours on my boat so far (13 months) and it's been great! Sorry to hear about your problems.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
Thanks man, ill have to check that out tomorrow when its light out, but also, whe i use my taps it seems to bounce a lot. today we had one 600lb bag up front and two 250's in back plus 8 or 9 people and gear, then the taps was at 1 still, it was a good wake but the taps hardly ever leaves 1 anymore. any other suggestions?

Ryan
Old    steveaz            06-11-2003, 9:36 PM Reply   
MOVE YOUR WEIGHT FORWARD!!!!

When I was testing that boat, it needed 1K in the bow, if you were going to run a decent amount of weight in the rear, and even then, most of that weight was under the rear seats.
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-13-2003, 6:25 AM Reply   
I purchesed a 2001 21v Limited with all the options. Last week while on the phone with Perfect Pass, I was describing a problem. They after fixinig the problem, told me I have a 2000 P.P. Do I have any recourse with Tige? I love the boat, but thought I purchased all 2001 equipment with my new boat.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
You should check with the dealer, the boats don't come from Tige' with PP installed. The dealer adds it later. I guess if you purchased it early season in 2001, and PP hadn't come out with any new features, then they would have installed the 2000 PP in the boat, with no new updates to PP that would have been reasonable for them to do. If this isn't the case, then you might have some recourse. But by talking to the dealer they might change it out without to much hassle, especially if 2001 version has some updates over the 2000 version.

Give it a try, you never know

Cheers
Old    hockeyruss            06-13-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
I had a 2001 PP in my 01 VLX, I sold it last spring and bought an 02 VLX, both had PP wakeboard pro and there are no differences.
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-13-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
I have spoken to Tige and Perfect Pass. The boats come to the dealers as ordered with perfect pass installed. Perfect pass is sending me the upgrade free of charge and Tige was very helpfull in making this happen.