Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    waterboy            05-29-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
Okay guys I have not looked for a tower for anyone in a while so does anyone have any feedback on these towers ? good, bad, hard to install, rattle. Or any recommendations on a lower cost tower ?

http://www.bigairpylons.com/TowerMorePics.htm

http://www.mmwatersports.com/able/category.cfm?&DID=6&CATID=34

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
I think the Monster Tower looks like the best deal on paper. I hear it is $800 to $900 and it looks great and folds great. A Titan variation.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/67336.html

Otherwise, my favorite tower is the new Titan or Boss. But, they are a lot more $$$.
Old    waterboy            05-29-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
Thanks Maz I forwarded the info, what’s with all the boat data on your profile ? are you going start selling some of those ?
Ty, I believe you had some info on a local builder here in Fremont?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-29-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
emailed you...trimetric. they are the schtuff...
Old    davec            05-29-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
I have a monster and it is sick and easy to install.
Old    flipout            05-29-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
I have a monster tower. It works great and it was very easy to install. It took us less than two hours and it was less than 900.00
monster tower on my malibu
Old     (kent_fowlie)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-02-2003, 4:00 PM Reply   
I just installed my Roswell Platinum tower (roswellwakeair.com) on my boat this weekend. It took about 4 hours to do (2.5 measuring and 1.5 installling). It looks pretty sick and I rode behind it last night. SO far no rattles or sway(I'm told) It's also really nice looking.

Old    big_air_daddy            06-02-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
I like my samson tower alot...Easy fold down solid feel ,no rattles, fits any boat, cnc machined parts, colors& rack options..here is a pic of mine...Samsonsports.com Scott- owner
Old    evan_nelson            06-02-2003, 5:29 PM Reply   
we have a Titan tower on our malibu. it's really sturdy. Three of us can hang on it and it doesn't move. I don't remember how much it cost, though.
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2003, 7:41 PM Reply   
I think the titan tower is the sturdiest on the market, good looking too. Just shake any tower you come across from side to side and see how much they give. I'm not really biased since i'm currently boatless. the monster looks like an excellent value though.
Old    waterboy            06-03-2003, 5:51 AM Reply   
My buddy ordered the monster tower yesterday for a great price. I will post as soon as it arrives. Thank you all for all the input, makes me want to upgrade mine, but I think I will wait and get a tower with a Sanger V230 installed under it.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
did you check out the trimetric?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-05-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
I just orderd a Wakeair tower finally after all these months of waiting,Only bad thing is gotta wait a month for it to get done.......Dang it...
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-06-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
Thanks for the great comment on the Monster. This time of year us tower guys normally have a long delivery time. We've been cranking up production and expect to be able to ship towers from stock (at least for now) starting about the end of next week.

Bill
Old    waterboy            06-23-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
Ok Bill Props to you the tower got here on the 18th and looks great! Monster towers delivers a great product on time. Let me know when your racks are ready.
Thanks again,
Todd

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-24-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
A note on the roswell platinum tower. My friend just got one on his boat and we went out on saturday. The tower has the most sway out of any I have seen. The other big downfall of the tower is you have to buy Roswell racks for it. You can't mount any other brand on it because the only crossbars on the sides have a welded on piece of metal behind it which prevents you using clamping mounts. The Roswell racks bolt directly onto the tube. Oh, and their racks are expensive. If you want sturdy, go with titan.
Old     (scottman)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-27-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
Ordered a monster http://www.monstertowers.com and confirmed shipping yesterday. Will post on install and opinion. (Note: Today is the last day to order w/free shipping)

(Message edited by scottman on June 27, 2003)
Old    xtremrider            06-27-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
I have a Phatbudde and its great. www.Phatbudde.com