Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-13-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a new rope and handle and I'm not sure which is the best way to buy them. Should I buy them together or apart? I'm looking for a coated rope any suggestions for a rope and handle combo or just as one item?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-13-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
I would suggest the Proline LG combo.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-13-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
The ronix ropes and handles are sick! I use a ronix totem handle and one of the ronix mainlines. Its definitely the most comfortable handle I've used, but my advice to you is just go to a shop and decide which one you like the best.
My recommendation is the ronix totem though.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-13-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
I like the Ronix North handle and the 09 Ronix Totem handle. They are pretty cushy and soft. I would also go with the R8 mainline.

Lyman has a new handle also, its really sticky. It isn't very soft though.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-13-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
cool I appreciate the advice, its important because I live in Ice covered NH and the nearest wake shop is probably in southern Mass so the online shopping is my best route. How are Accurate ropes?
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-13-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
I had an Accurate line last year, it is really stiff. I like it, but I like the Straightline ropes better. The Ronix lines last a long time. I would check into them.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-13-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
I couldn't be more happy with my Accurate Catalyst Handle and A Line...
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-13-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
I was wondering about the proline carbon handles. They look really good, but I mainly see the cwb team only use LG handles
Old    thebiggmann            12-14-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
I bought an LG Combo last year. Great rope and handle. Really a big difference going from a classic ski rope with a cheap wake handle to a real rope/handle combo. Handle is insanely comfortable!
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-16-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
Another vote for the ProLine LG! Most comfortable handle I have ever tried by a long way. I also have a Militia (Proline carbon handle). The Militia is nice, shaped to make handle passes a little easier, but its harder, has less padding, and is smaller around, so it digs into your hand more. Overall still a nice handle, but I'd rather use the LG.