Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
Ok all you B52 owners, I need a little help. Does anyone know if the interior has changed between 2006-2008. I have a call into the factory, but no response yet.

Thanks.
UJ
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-11-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
I know the hull & deck changed slightly, the tower was modified but the interior layout I don't think has been changed. However, I am not 100% sure. In 2008 there was a new dash too. I'm sure if you call their number tomorrow you'll be able to get a firm answer. Or Alan S at www.southernskiboats.com is very knowledgeable.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
Thanks. I am most concerned with the cushions. Usually of teh hull changed, that means the cushion shapes may also have changed.

UJ
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Hull is the same, however, the deck changed slightly. They shortened the rear storage compartments by ~ 10", giving the interior more room (as if it needed any more) and probably lengthening some of the cushions.

Also, the cooler is in the middle of the floor (it used to be up front), and the gas tank was pushed forward a bit.

They no longer make the Team Edition (what I have), which added a 500lb tank up in the bow. But the gas tank being moved forward plus being larger, is supposed to help offset it a bit.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Oh, and I got my info from walking through an '08 w/ Alan...
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-11-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
Yes hull is the same ith some sight changs in the back of the boat. From what I understand MB uses some of the thickest vinyl in the industry. I do not believe that has changed.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. I will be developing seat covers for this boat. If anyone is interested, they can contact me at info@primalmp.com

UJ
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-11-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
swanson, swammy, swenson.... oh, Samsonite, I was way off!