Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-06-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Im battling some electrical issues in general, and im a village idiot when it comes to this stuff but.....

When I turn the key to on my voltage is right at 12 volts, but as soon as the perfect pass beeps and engages it immediatly drops it down to between 11 and 11.5 (which causes me not to have enough juice to turn over).

Could this be due to the installation of the perfect pass? Bad ground? Happened to anyone else?

Im perplexed, and I sure would like the old girl on the water like yesterday.
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-06-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
First check that all the power and ground connections are clean and tight. Take the battery to the auto parts store and have it load tested. The PP connection seems like a random anomaly. I wouldnt think a PP would cause such an issue. To be sure, disconnect the power to the PP and see if you still have the problem.

DKJ
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-06-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
I really doubt that the PP is pulling enough to be felt by the battery or alternator. It's more likely that you have some weak power or ground wiring in the dash. The easiest thing might be to run new power and ground wires to the PP since they tend to be quite sensitive to low voltage situations.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-07-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
The perfect pass servo motor draws a fair amount of current. After it beeps, the motor winds to make sure there isn't any slack in the string connected to the throttle cable. Depending on how it is wired, it could read as a voltage drop. If you don't have enough power to turn the boat over during or after that, I'd take a look at the battery and make sure it is fully charged and will hold a charge. Suggestions to check all the connections and load test the battery are the way to go