Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-26-2005, 6:15 AM Reply   
Ok, so now that I've gotten your attention, I'm not really talking about clear boardshorts or anything. I'm looking for opinions on white boardshorts that are see-thru when they get wet.
Would you wear them?
Would it look too slutty to see a bikini bottom through the shorts?
Would the white influence your decision to buy a pair of boardshorts?
What do you think?

Oh, and let's PLEASE try to keep this discussion on the boardshorts and not whats under them...

Opinions please...
Thanks
Tiff
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       10-26-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
Sure I don't see why not? I don't think its slutty or anything?! I might be hesitant to buy white board shorts because they would probably get dirty 2 seconds after I put them on, but the concept is nice maybe for those who are more cautious with their drinks...

why you asking if I might ask???
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-26-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
I like the idea but agree with fifi.
White definately gets too dirty too fast. How about a clear plastic type material that goes down near the buttox crackage area, giving others something to wonder about. Someone made these in the past and I wish I would have bought them. Just a small clear plastic across the top on the back of the shorts. HOTTNESS!
However, I very much enjoyed how popular white board shorts were for the guys this past season .
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-26-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have a pair of white board shorts and I don't think it looks bad. They definately get dirty QUICK. I actually like the look of white shorts, I only have one pair because they just get dirty too quick.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-26-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Now that I think about it, I actually have 2 of the exact same pair of white boardshorts for when one gets real dirty I can switch them out for a nice new clean pair. SO! Tiff, you may be on to something. I would definately buy them. I'd have to buy 2 pair though.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-26-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   

not see through.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-26-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input everyone. Fifi, I ride for Ten-80 clothing company and they are asking for input from women for their 2006 line.
www.ten-80.com
Keep the ideas flowing.
Tiff
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-26-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
We need new colors. Coral, Turquoise, Rust, Lilac, Lilac, Lilac lol. And out with the flowers. I want stars! Stars and moons and planets. I want Uranus on my shorts dammit! Beavers, I love Beavers. Would love to have cute little beavers on my board shorts. Or maybe a dam.
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       10-26-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Tiffanator, I used to have a pair of shorts that had two layers. the bottom layer was of design (flowered pattern) the top layer was a semi-sheer white layer. They would show a blurry image of the under layer wet and dry. They were awesome! To bad someone else found them attractive too and now they are with that someone. Come to think of it most board shorts are aren't "lined" but they would be more comfy that way...
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-26-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
I hate the flower stuff. I don't buy women's boardshorts because of that. They look way too girly, all my boardshorts are guys. I also don't like the kind that has alot of design on it, like in the picture above...nice and simple
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
I have white boardshorts and love them because they go with every suit I own. Looking for a new pair cuz, like mentioned above, they get dirty quick and turn dingy after a full season of wear.
Old                10-26-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
I think it would be hot to see a bikini through them. The sluttier the better!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
I have 2 pair of white shorts and it looks ok wet. The material of boardshorts isn't like a t-shirt when it gets wet. The material is a thicker nylon or cotton mix of some sort so I don't see a problem if you do see a little of the swimsuit bottoms. But they do get dirty and the dirt doesn't come out easy.

Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       10-27-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
my girlfriend wears a pair of white (w/ red trim) jet pilot boardshorts quite a bit and I don't think you can see through them unless you're really really looking hard. And even then, you'll just see the outline or faint faint color of her suit underneath, even when wet.
http://www.dizzyg.net/photos/displayimage.php?album=130&pos=80
Old                10-27-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
I already do wear them. White is my favorite color to ride in. And actually, if you don't ear bottoms underneath (a lot of girls dont) you usually cannot tel that they are as see thru. My favorites are my white Oneil SuperFreaky girls short with green piping.
Old                10-27-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
Not to get off subject, but I hate always tearing up the front of my bikini bottoms on the velcro on the boardshorts. Are there any cute boardshorts that don't have velcro in the front?
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-27-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
Nicole, the Ten-80 shorts don't have velcro. They have a tie string and a piece of stretchy fabric that covers the fly, no velcro.
www.ten-80.com
Tiff
Old                10-27-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Thank Tiff
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
Courtney...I have those too and really like them because they don't stick up on your legs so you don't have to constantly pull the legs down. But I actually prefer short shorts. So I have the short version of the O'neil super freaks. Also, Jet Pilot makes shorts that have a zipper and a tie. Sounds uncomfortable but you never ever feel the zipper and they are really a cool red, white, and blue stars...kind of patriotic.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2005, 6:12 PM Reply   
Thane...you could be poster boy for wakeboarding. How's the knee coming?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Brooke....nice photos. I love seeing other girls rippin it up. You need to get the skiier on a wakeboard. He could clear the wake.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-27-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Nichole.....If you take a piece of fabric and sew it in the inside of your short behind the velcro part it should protect your bikini. That happen to my swimsuits also. So I sewed it in all my boarshorts. Hope that makes sense......Wendi
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-28-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
Superfreak boardshorts have no velcro and some of Billabongs don't either. You just have to look harder to find those styles but they are out there.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       10-31-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
SoCal- the skier claims that wakeboarding hurts his knees, he does clear the wakes on skis. One of the most entertaining wally moves you'll see from us. He rides a little shorter than we do, but he goes wake to wake constantly. We want him to put on a swivel ski, jump the wake and grab the ski, once he gets that, we want him to make the ski do a 360!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-31-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Brooke...when you get him to do that you will have to video it and post it here. I would LOVE to see that.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-31-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
I like white for girls and guys. It's not slutty to me, but, they tend to get dirty easy!
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-31-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
I agree with Melanie G. I hate the girly patterns and all of the pink on all of the girls shorts and other apparel. They need to make the graphics more like the guys.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
those boardshorts with the clear plastic window at the crack was "Fat Crack" boarshorts. I remember them sporting their stuff and handing out hella stickers (which I managed to get my hands on a bunch) at the X-Games when they were in SF back in the day.

As far as white boardshorts, not slutty, just confident.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       11-03-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
I don't understand, they're really not see through unless they are plastered to your wet skin on the sunniest of days! I mean, maybe some are, but the jet pilot ones my gf rides really aren't at all. I can admit that I'd have noticed by now if I could see things. amd she's have noticed me staring
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
I'd wear them! My bf has a white boardshort and I just love the way it looks... and at the beach when youre all tanned, white looks great on you.

I always wear boardshorts but I dont have a problem with the front part of my bikini and the velcro... my problem is on the back part with all the tags!!! I cut them all now, but still there is some damage.... What I have found very useful is to wear a bottom I find comfortable but dont care much about underneath the boardshort, because no one is going to see it anyway so who cares if it doesnt match. That way I can keep my bottoms (bikini bottoms) in perfect conditions for when Im going to be showing them off.
Some girls dont wear anything under the boardshort??? Gotta tell you that has never crossed my mind... Is it comfortable??
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-04-2005, 5:18 AM Reply   
NO! I about sliced me a new butt crack falling without a bikini on under me shorts.
Old                11-10-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
I have white boardshorts and I've gotten a ton of compliments when I wear them, I don't know that I would wear "clear" but that would be cool!

I've never had an issue with tags rubbing me or my bottoms getting messed up from my board shorts, mainly because I get the shorts with the stretch zipper area instead of velcro. I typically take the shorts off after I ride so I don't have funky board short tan ...

Ouch the thought of not wearing anything under my shorts .... um no way
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-10-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
Tiff,

I used to see these around back in 00-01 around the discovery bay / delta area but haven't seen them in a couple years... more of just a fyi - link below:

-=peace=-
Lzy

Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-10-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
There they are! LOVE'M!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-10-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
sweeeeeet :-) I'd have to wax my a$$ or something though... much better idea for girls hehe