Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 5:13 AM Reply   
I live about 1 hour and 45 minutes from the local pro shop. I have bought boards, bindings and clothing from this store. About two months ago I took three sets of bindings there. I had already contacted Hyperlite, and they told me to take them to the local pro shop. I had a set of large High backs with two ripped overlays, I also had a set of parks with one of the boots finger hole ripped out. I have a set of HO Mantra's that I wanted to get a larger size over lays for. I figured I would have to pay for these,( no coverage under waranttee) After about a month I called to check the progress. They did not have an answer. Two days later a guy called and asked for all the information again. It has been close to two months, and I called again last week. The Highback overlays were in, They said the other stuff had to be back ordered. when I went into the store, the regular guy ( who works for the owner) was not there. I got the run around. But I received the high back overlays. They said they would install them for $20.00. I still have hopes of receiveing the other stuff.
I just want to know how other shops treat there customers, and is this normal with warantee work.
thanks for any input.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
Performance Surf and Ski in Orlando is much better than that. They usually have the parts in stock. I recently had to replace overlays and the front boot piece on my Byerlys and they had them in stock plus they offered to install them for no charge.

I install all my own stuff anyway. Replacing boot parts is very easy. I would just get the stuff from the shop and do it yourself. If your shop can't get the parts them try and get them from Hyperlite yourself or look elsewhere.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-19-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
My experience is like fly135's. I live in So Cal and Wakesports Unlimited gives you replacement parts and even offers to install at no extra charge.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
I live about 3 hours from Performance Surf and Ski in Orlando, But I think they will get my future business. It is only another 1.5 hours from Ocala which is where I go now.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-19-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
mike, if it is any consolation, I have taken a HL wakeboard to the same shop to be shipped to HL and fixed. 2-3 months later and $65 in shipping it comes back....NOT FIXED.

i recommend simply ordering the parts from somewhere (buywake.com for example) and replacing them yourself. replacing overlays is not that difficult. and driving 3 hours to get the parts seems kind of silly.
said shop does have a good service dept for boats.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
I tried getting the parts from Hyperlite they said I needed to go thru a shop. I talked to performance, and they said send them a digital pic of the damaged overlays, and $ 7.99 for shipping and they will replace them.

They will surely get my business from now on.

Tim,
Do you know that Buywake will replace the the overlays, or do they have you go to the local shop. we have one set from them.
Old    hipidyhopr            07-19-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
I just ripped an overlay on my 3060's and called Hyperlite and was also told to go through a dealer. I went back to Buywake.com and they replaced the overlays for free and had them in like 2 days...only problem was I got the 2003 overlays instead of the 2002 overlays. Not a big deal to me though. I installed them myself...first time and not hard to do yourself. All you need is a screwdriver and some patience.

Hyperlite will replace them for free, you pay shipping, but I hear it takes like 3-4 weeks, and in PA, that could mean the rest of the summer.

Buywake.com has the most amazing cust service IMO. Never have been disappointed