Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    adamk            02-28-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Hey, I was wondering if a Byerly board is to advance for me I am like an intermediate. If it is what board do you guys think I should get?
Thanks Alot
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-28-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
the board should not be too advanced for you, you will just have to learn how to ride the board differenly than the board that you have now.
Old    adamk            02-28-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
So pretty much the your skill level really doesn't matter it just a question of getting use to the board?
Old    c_dub_bizzle            02-28-2004, 6:22 PM Reply   
pretty much. Thats how it is on most all boards. Beginner can learn w/ a pro model that is very loose. Since the learned w/ it thats what the learn and are used to that. If you get a dif. board its just gettin out of your confort zone and learning a new style to ride. Then its just if you like how it feels or not. You'll do fine on it.
Old    c_dub_bizzle            02-28-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
wow i really screwed that paragraph over w/ typo's! Dang!
Old    adamk            02-28-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
wich board do you guys think is better the byerly or the fusion (2004 model if your wondering).
Old    c_dub_bizzle            02-28-2004, 6:45 PM Reply   
byerly
Old    adamk            02-28-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
Is the subjeckt the same as the byerly or worse.
sorry for asking so many questions I just want to make sure i am getting the right board and its between the byerly and the subjeckt. What are the differences?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-28-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
I wouldn't get the Byerly without riding it first. In my experience, some people love it, most people hate it including myself.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-29-2004, 4:47 AM Reply   
Blabl is right about the Byerly. I haven't ridden the '04 Byerly, but I have ridden an '02 Helix which is the same mold as the Fusion and that board was very difficult to ride for me.