Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Does it have a plug in??? I have been looking forever and it doesn’t seem to have one. WTF? Am I missing something? Can't find anything in the owners manual.

It is the 6 disk changer with MP3, no NAV.
Old    deltahoosier            08-16-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Usually MP3 means it is MP3 capable on disk not external MP3 input. External inputs are usually billed as IPOD hookup, Aux input or something like that. Could be wrong but my guess you truck is refering to MP3 readable on disk.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
That is unfortunate.......

Who builds a vehicle in 2007 without a direct MP3 input.....?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-16-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Dodge ! Just play'n E.J.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-16-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
It's got a plug in on the bottom left corner of the deck.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
No it doesn't........
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-16-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
If you have an ipod, then it doesnt matter because then you can get the ipod interface that hooks thru the back even if there was a "ipod input" in the front. the interface allows you to play your ipod thru your stereo AND it charges it for you, all thru the same plug... unlike if you had a ipod port in the front (or back) and would have to have both the input and charger hooked up to it.

I found this for you, its $59.00. It says it works for 2007 rams. I dont know if there is any other cables you have to buy, but it looks like its all there.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=pxp01

if you have another type of MP3 player, then you will still have to go thru the back, no big deal, it takes 10 minutes to do, but you wont be able to charge it without a seperate car charger.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-17-2007, 12:22 AM Reply   
Every dodge truck 06 and newer has the plug in on the stock deck. My 06 does, unless you have a totally stripped down version with no options. Can you post a pic of the deck?

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on August 17, 2007)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
Laramie package....

I will take a photo of the stereo.

John, do you know if that takes the place of the satellite input? If not, that would be perfect.

I may end up just having them switch out for the Nav if that has the direct input.... Sick of playing around with this........
Old    deltahoosier            08-17-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Just buy an aftermarket Deck. If you are going to have them switch it out you can for the same money get a aftermarket Alpine or something with a 6 inch slide out screen that is just killer. Just an option to throw out there.
Old    deltahoosier            08-17-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Just went to the dodge website and they say every dodge pickup has an auxiliary jack for Ipod or other mp3 player to hook up too. I wonder if they hosed you?
Old    jt12            08-17-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
The Laramie trucks for 07 do not have an ipod port on the front of the deck, they are MP3 compatible, I have an 07 Mega Cab Dually that is all it has. Mine is loaded other than the Navigation so possibly the Navi has the Ipod port. Had an 04 and 06 prior to this one and no Ipod port.
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Most of the stock decks have an adapter to plug in an external 6 disc changer or some sort of aux option on the back side of the deck. This input can be different types of plugs but should all be able to convert to a headphone jack or either an ipod adapter. If you search the internet or contact your local dealer, or stereo shop they should be able to order you one that will allow you to work your ipod with your stock deck. I have bought two of these adapters for different vehicles and they work great!
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
It depends on what radio you get. the single disc non mp3 has a input on the front. Have the dealer switch to the one you want.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-20-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
JS is right. a local stereo shop should be able to find the right adapter so that you can use both your ipod and satelite... and they should be able to hook up that "iPod interface" for you. thats the way to go IMO.
Old     (dodgemegacab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
I have an 07 megacab with a stock stereo and the Ipod jack is in the form of a headphone jack on the face next to the volume dial. Any normal male to male connector works fine on mine.
cheers! BTW it is an SLT

(Message edited by dodgemegacab on August 28, 2007)