Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-13-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
i currently have a pair of 05 transits that are about worn out, i have been riding them hard for 2 full seasons now and i think its about time to retire them. so im in the binding market now and i have been looking at the 06 zues'. how do these compair to the 05 transits? i like my bindings pretty stiff but i dont want them any more stiff than my transits are. i like good support but still be able to tweak out those tail grabs you know? i like everything about my transits, couldnt complain one bit but i was just wondering about the zeus' so anyone that has rode both of these bindings please give your input. also do you think the '07 zeus' are worth the extra money? the only real differences i can see are colors and the little lace hiding thingy.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
We have new 06 zues's for $199 at www.DWCBoardShop.com. I know, Once again, shameless plug.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
Greg...I Know exactly what you are talking about. I have had Transits for the past 2 years...05's and 06' Limited editions. Best binding I have ever had.....BUT...I just bought a pair of factions and LOVE them. They are exactly what you are looking for. I tried on the Zeus last year but like this years faction better. They are awesome. Give them a try.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-14-2006, 4:38 AM Reply   
You wont go wrong riding the 06 Zuess.They are great.I like the transits also.The hinge tech is cool and why not try a switch for a season.?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-14-2006, 5:44 AM Reply   
I have the 06 Zeus and like them pretty well. At least give them a try.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-14-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
Just bought transits for next year.... glad everyone is so high on them, now i just have to wait another 5 months to use them... :-(
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-14-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
socal- how is the support of the factions? i thought those were supposed to be a little less supportive than the zeus'. like compairing the shanes to the transits
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-14-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Greg, the Factions do have less ankle support then the Zeuses, but are still a great binding, some riders like a binding that is not really stiff. If you want a really stiff binding go with the Zeus, if you want a binding that has all the heel hold the zeus does but not as stiff, then go with the Faction.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-14-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
I like both the transits and the Zeus...but I would go with the Zeus, they are freaking amazing
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-14-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
greg...the support is excellent. And I like a lot of support in a binding. I think they give more support than my Transits. I didn't ride in the zeus so I can't give info on them. But I love the support of the factions. Try them both. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-15-2006, 5:54 AM Reply   
The transits are more comfortable. But the ankle support, no-heel lift, and durability of the zeus make them a much better binding.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-18-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
How does the width on the Zeus compare to the Factions? I bought my son a pair of Factions for Christmas size large and I tried them on. They felt great and I have super wide feet. My wife is asking me what I want for Christmas and from what I've read, I would like the extra support of the Zeus. I don't have the opportunity to try a pair on though.