Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2006, 11:31 PM Reply   
Are they in full production yet? Has anyone bought any? I haven't heard or seen anything on them except that competition that someone posted pictures on.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
There's alot of info in this thread http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/327052.html?1148077752

On another note, there was the black Epic out our demo event this weekend.. www.midwestmilitia.net .

I could've snapped a bunch of pictures and pick the boat apart....but, I won't. I climbed in it, looked at every hinge, compartment, hull, gel...everything.

I had to keep telling myself that this is one of the first boats from a start up company and it will have issues for a few boats. That being said, It was very exciting to see the direction this new boat company has the opportunity to go in.

The boat didn't take alot of people out on it, and only pulled one wake set (they rode doubles and the two riders killed it!). From examining the boat on the trailer, it was obvious there was a rudder issue. It has a two rudder set up, and one looked either the wrong size, or tweaked pretty bad. When the boat got on plane it would sway in the back and one side of the wake wouldn't clean up. Both issues would be fixed I'm sure with a different rudder.

The black gel was in pretty rough shape, but I'm sure it's seen some serious road hours.

A buddy of mine was in the boat when they pulled the doubles and did say that the wake that wasn't washed out looked nice and big.

Old     (pink)      Join Date: May 2006       05-22-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
i saw one out on my lake at the pwt in ATL its nothing special i think but to all there own
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
There was one at my lake this weekend(on the water boat show), actually slipped next to me.

Boat looked great.... I think the more boats in the market the better.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-22-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Rode in and behind an Epic two weeks ago at San Vicente.
A pure wake boat with some really nice touches. The wake (stock ballast) was incrediblely large and well shaped. It reminded me of a 210 wake on steroids due to the size and fairly narrow wake angle. Those who I saw ride behind the boat were amazed at the size of the wake and tricks were being thrown much bigger than usual.
Transom storage shelf, transom speakers, overall styling were all nice. This was one of the original boats so there was some fit finish issues but all and all I was impressed. I would consider an Epic as my next boat.