Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hey guys, i need some info. I have been riding my 2008 ronix one for a few years now. Love it and its still in great shape. I'm thinking about getting a new board and was wondering if the new 2013 ronix one modelo rides the same as or different from the 08 ONE. I really like how my 08 rides and fits my riding style. How will the new one be different or will it be close to the same?
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-23-2013, 4:36 PM Reply   
They completely reshaped it in 2012 to be faster (supposedly lose a little pop, not much though), also made the molds a little less drastic so that it doesn't track so hard. I picked up a 2012 modello last month, probably riding this weekend (coming from an 09 one) will let you know how it feels as it is the exact same shape as 2013.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
thanks man, an update after you ride it would be much appreciated.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2013, 9:10 PM Reply   
I had the same board as you, and demoed the 2012 model and REALLY disliked it. But i loved my 08. Still had tons of pop but it was so slow i couldn't handle it. I ended up going with the bill and i like it a lot.
Old     (sanicho3)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-26-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
I actually was in the same situation as you this year and went for the 2012 One Timebomb, i loved my 08 but it just was so slow compared to other boards ive tried, the 2012 is a whole different beast though, it still has that mellow surfy feel behind the boat but when you get it on edge its a rocket, really taking some adjusting. I think the pop is still just as good as the 08 or better from the extra speed but the landings are definitely not as secure for me, like I said though just need to adjust to it. If you like flying high and going fast though i highly recommend the upgrade. Also if you go for the new board definitely upgrade your boots, I just moved my 08 Ones over but i definitely dont get as much response from them as I should so ill be upgrading that aspect pretty soon. Hope this helps.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-26-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
@ sam- riding mine for the first time today (coming from the '09 one), do you mean that it is really loose/squirrelly on landing? just trying to figure out what i got myself into lol.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-26-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
I went from a Watson Hybrid to the Time Bomb, and it's my favorite board to date. Great pop, surfy feel and it seems like the board lands a little more stable than my Watson, in other words landing a little off balance, the Time bomb helps you ride out of some tricks I normally might have bailed. Overall, I love the board.
Old     (sanicho3)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-26-2013, 2:52 PM Reply   
its not really squirrelly, you just have so much more speed when you land you have to be ready to ride away fast
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-26-2013, 3:25 PM Reply   
The '12-'13 shape is great. I demo'd the previous shapes of the One but wasn't 100% digging it so I waited until 2012 and am not disappointed. It is a faster shape, a bit looser, and lands with much more speed. I don't feel a difference in the 'pop' of the board but do notice that I don't have to cut as hard because the board is faster. Similar to LW I opted for the stiffer + lighter Time Bomb construction.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-26-2013, 9:40 PM Reply   
@Bear- just got off the board for my first ride. I'm in love, it is wicked fast, like way, way faster than the '09. The pop is the same, but due to the speed you end up being able to go bigger. Landings are softer, but landings are very different, not anything to be scared of, just will have to get used to it. I would definitely recommend it, just be ready for a much more aggressive board and would definitely suggest getting some high level bindings. (I bought the ones that match ((first high quality binding I've owned)) and they are defintely amazing).
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-27-2013, 3:14 PM Reply   
thanks everyone for the info!