Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
What a DOUCHE! I think he needs to get tested for crack!
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...=ESPNHeadlines
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-04-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
People still watch boxing?

MMA OWNS!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-04-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
boxing>mma x1000

If I wanted to see one punch thrown then 5 minutes of rolling around on the ground, the mma is perfect.

I really hope mayweather and paquiao fight. I wanna see that.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
Didn't realize this was posted already, Anyway, Mayweather's still a Douche and didn't have to get racial. Sushi is Japanese not Filipino and we are considered brown not yellow. Maybe I shouldn't take offense to such ignorance..I don't care if Manny doesn't fight him at all. He has much more class than that fool.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-04-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
imagine this was a someone like ricky hatton calling mayweather the N word, and then dropping fried chicken and watermelon comments. the firestorm would never end. gotta love the double standard we have here in the US.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-05-2010, 2:19 AM Reply   
if you thought mma owns, why'd you go in a thread you knew was about boxing?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-05-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
I should clarify.
As a former ammatuer boxer,I'd say pro boxing has jumped the shark.It's all about the hype now,not the sport.
I'd rather watch ammatuer boxing any day over the corrupt circus that has become pro boxing.
Old     (athleticmale)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-05-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
To bad Mayweather did not go into MMA, it would have been nice to see him get his mouth swollen shut. I think even someone at my level could beat him at MMA. Give him credit for knowing he had no chance to win at the elite levels of MMA and staying with boxing. He is a great boxer and I think he would have won a fight against Paquiao a few years ago but I think he loses the fight now.

As for the state of boxing, (I am a former boxer and currently fight MMA) when I was a kid everyone in the world could tell you who the current heavyweight champion was and several other class champions also. Now I would bet not even 1 person in 1000 can name the current heavyweight champion. I remember the times when Ali would fight the whole world would stop to watch.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-05-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
Paquiao has talked about venturing into MMA,I think if he took it serious(not like Toney)he would do well.