Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-07-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
True Ryan, and you bring up factual opinion. I like that. I would not like you saying Mercruiser is SH*T. That's my only objection here.

I'm done with this, I've totally robbed a great thread.
Old    muckno_rider            10-08-2005, 3:16 AM Reply   
"How many boats do you see in merry old Ireland????? Wakeboarding is a way of life where I live!" --I didn't realise that you have to be American to have Wakeboarding as your way of life. For a small minority of us Irish, it is a way of life. Once March or April rolls round we spend most of our time in the water until it gets too cold in November.

"I have Irish relatives(that I have visited in Ireland), and NONE of them have even heard of wakeboarding." --I have relatives in Oakley, CA that didn't know what wakeboarding was until I explained it to them.

"I want the opinion of international boarders."
"your opinion sucks." ---It sounds to me like you don't wan't to hear other opinions.

I'm finished tryin to justify my opinion to you.
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2005, 3:43 AM Reply   
Jeff,

I'm sorry but your post was out of line, you obviously ignorant to the wakeboard scene internationally. It's very much a way of life to many wakeboarders in Ireland, who ride everyday yet with much less resource available. Water availability is limited, as is the number of imported tournament boats. A SAN or X Star costs practically double the US$ price, how many of you would have a boat if it cost $100k to buy and gas was $7 gallon? We run clubs because we don't have any other option, there's simply not enough water, boats or money to go around any other way. It doesn't mean we don't know what we are talking about or our opinions are any less valid.

Darren,

You over stepped the mark too. CC and MC dominate the tournament market here. There are only a handful of BUs, Skier's Choice and Tige's in Europe. Dealer and service networks are not as established and I seriously question you've had a comparable level of experience with each boat to make a qualified judgement. I've been around the waterski and wake scene in Ireland and UK my entire life and have skied/rode behind most all of the major manufacturers but don't feel in a position compare a lifetime of experience with Nautiques and MCs to a 15 min set behind a VLX. I skied behind the all the Mastercrafts at Muckno and I know the problems they had (and the abuse they got!). All I'll say is LPG conversions have come a long way.
Old    ryan_bailey            10-10-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Gee, this is nice and all that you guys want to have a discussion over international wakeboarding but how about starting another thread so we can get back to the 220.

Could we get a close up of the hydrogate?

Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-10-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
Not to change the subject from the current foreign relations that are taking place, but did anybody catch the add for the 220 in the new WB magazine?

And I quote "... while the new hull and deck design gives the 220 more interior space than our competitor's 24-footers."

Are these guys for real? You can fit that boat inside of most 24-footers out there, and still have room to cruise the lake in comfort...
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
Yep, sorry, my bad! Back to the 220.......

I second that request for a look at the hydrogate!
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2005, 3:25 AM Reply   
Hydrogate:

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4103

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3854&post days=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Old    erlingiii            10-11-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
its not fair that trailer has better tires then my car
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-11-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
Am I tripping, or is that some sort of fiberglass fin protruding from the left side of the hull in the picture that Luke posted? Looks like there is light coming around three sides of it which would indicate that it is part of the hull. If they are on both sides it would seem like something that would attempt to narrow the wake while on plane... any thoughts?
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-11-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
I asked the question earlier of whether or not the rear ballast was under the floor. I got this pic from the planet nautique site... looks like above floor ballast from this angle...

http://www.planetnautique.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/show21.jpg

(Message edited by tdc_worm on October 11, 2005)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-11-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Well it looks below floor although the floor is only six inches from the opening.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-11-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
HOLY CRAP! i can't believe cc didn't learn from the 210's storage problem. something can be said for "staying w/ what works."
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-12-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
There are no fins below the hull, that is just a reflection off the black bottom.

Also, the balasts are below the floor, the rear lockers are big enough to put a board in plus a ton of gear on top. Storage will never be a problem with this boat.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
I would say that "below the floor" seems to be a term a bit loosely used in this case...
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
I installed ballast tanks in my boat, after I bought it. They are on the floor. I have twice the storage as that picture. I'd say they are not under/below the floor. But I'll take their word for it.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
About the rear tanks -- I saw a 220 in person this week end. There is much more room (depth) in the rear lockers than there looks to be in the picture linked to above.

But the tanks aren't exactly under the floor either. There is a big difference between the "floor" level in the lockers and the actual floor of the boat.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-17-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Are the rear lockers big enough for a person to climb inside, shut the locker top, and give them enough room to change? When I think of big rear lockers and under the floor ballast--I would assume this is possible. (It is possible on other boats with under the floor ballast...)

Or haow many boards can you store in the rear lockers? (I can fit four on a side with the bindings.)

(Message edited by whit on October 17, 2005)
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
No, there is not as much room in there as, say, the new VLX or the X-Star. Again, IMO, the "under the floor" is a bit of an exaggeration.

On the other hand, what I would have preferred on any boat is for the tanks to start under the floor and protrude up halfway into the locker -- that way they would hold more water, you'd still be able to get to the engine pretty well and would (maybe) not need extra weight in the back.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-17-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
How about a 95 bayliner 2050.. is this boat ok will it work, just starting out. Built the tower, speakers, and racks myself. Saved a lot of $$$$.

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-18-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
i'll go with the bayliner
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-18-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
There are some very nice racks on that bayliner.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-18-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
Nice bayliner. But, back to the CC...

I dig the rear facing seating. 95% of the time passengers want to face the rear (rider).

I dig the trash can storage behind the drivers seat.

The tower looks acceptable and functional. Did it improve from previous 220 pictures?

I am unsure about the notched rear seating. It seems like those seats may not be very comfy 95% of the time.

I am unsure about the sculpted transom. But I like the idea of transom accessible storage for binding lube.

All in all, this looks like a nice boat with a nice wake. Time will tell.

Imagine a SAN with rear facing seating and better storage. This boat seems to fit that bill.