Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (old_timer)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-27-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
I currently ride 136 Parks DNA from 2005. Love my board (huge pop), but been wondering how far technology has come since 05 and whether picking up something new would be a big upgrade or not real noticable. I'm 5'10'' 170 lbs. Thanks for any advice.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
I went from the 2005 Parks to the Ronix IBEX... I believe the IBEX is a bit lighter and faster, but otherwise similar big pop.. My only dislike about the IBEX is that it does not have the cupped rails that the Parks did: sometimes it causes me to slide out... If you want to change, my recomendation would be to wait until winter for a great price, or start watching Ebay..

Ebay is your friend - I saw some good deals on IBEX boards right now: wish I waited. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5336076875&toolid=10001&customid=& ext=ibex&satitle=ibex

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com

(Message edited by bulletlines on August 27, 2008)
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-27-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Steve, I'm in the exact same situation as you. I ripped my binding on my board the other day, and rode a friend's 138 Watson. I can tell you that board has a lot more pop, but he rides fin less and it was a little too slick for me. I'm sure I could get used to it after a couple of sets.
Old     (old_timer)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-27-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
what other boards out there would ride similar to the parks, and should I think about going with a bigger board?
Old     (green_johnson)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-27-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
My buddy has been riding a Hyperlite Parks for years and when he rode other boards he said nothing could really compare. This year i got the Lyman and he rode that and sticks all his tricks and looks just as comfortable. He says the pop is a little more predictable and its a bit looser when not on edge.
Old     (old_timer)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-27-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I'm a little worried about switching to a new board and not liking it. I'll probably see if I can get my hands on some demo boards. Thinking maybe the Lyman, Watson, Shane, Marius, Transcend. I've become a huge Liquid Force fan (after riding only Hyperlite) since I got some 08 Watson bindings
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-27-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
If you can master the old parks u can pretty much ride anything...I have a 2008 lyman 139 for sale. Ridden once 260.00 shipped. Its pop is just as big as parks but predictable. I picked up a sub VI for 400.00 is why im selling.
Old     (old_timer)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-27-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
What is the sub VI?
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-27-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
It's a wakeboard...I'm jp it's a hyperlite board modeled after chad sharpe's old pro model the 3ds. They just used a different core and constructed it to be under six lbs.(hence the name sub 6) The lightest board and one of the fastest most responsive in the industry. I should pretty much be a hyperlite rep.