Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (peeejay)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-20-2003, 6:40 PM Reply   
has anyone made flag holders? if so post a pic of your finished product.
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-20-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
Here you go.

http://www.mako-ind.com/

Old    wes_the_gimp            06-20-2003, 9:50 PM Reply   
Check this out.
auto flag
you pull the string and the flag is pulled into the tube.
Old    wes_the_gimp            06-20-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
This stretches the shock cord attached to the top.
A small wooden ball is locked into a slot (just like on the board rack) When you tug on the string the ball comes out of the slot and the flag pops up!
Old    wes_the_gimp            06-20-2003, 10:07 PM Reply   
You need this!!! With all the boards, wet suits, vests, and towels drying on the tower I didnt think anyone could see the flag. Now the flag is above it all.

Any suggestions on a better clamp?
clamp
sorry blurry.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-20-2003, 10:11 PM Reply   
That's a pretty cool idea! Did you make it yourself? Do you have any pics of the pieces in side the tubing?
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 10:18 PM Reply   
I will work on some clamps, I am manager of plastic injection molding business and the tooling shop that makes the molds. My primary role is to Design and program the CNC on CAM software. Nice job. My website is http://www.oryanindustries.com
Old    wes_the_gimp            06-20-2003, 10:53 PM Reply   
Thanks!

Dave my youngest and I put it together in about 1hr. Its just some shock cord tied to the top of the tube. the other end is tied to the flag. We drilled a hole in the flag. The flag should be in the "up" position. Attach another string to the flag and out the bottom. Pull the string untill the flag is "down" , attach a round bead to the string just out of the tube. This will fit into the slot you will cut into the bottom of the tube.

Mike, thanks! Ive been looking for something better for a while. The auto flag only weighs a pound or two.

The best thing about the auto flag is the cost

$500.00 thats $300.oo less than the energy wastefull Power Flag!!!

JK
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 11:13 PM Reply   
Lol, well when I get my boat or some free time here shortly I will design something adjustable but solid.
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-21-2003, 12:27 AM Reply   
Wes,
Do a product search @ http://www.grainger.com for either 1L729 or 1F596. I don't know what diameter your tower is, but these are for 2" tubing. I think these may suit your needs.

Ral
Old    wakeboardingfoo            06-21-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
I bought one of these from wakeproducts.com They work real good & have a small billet screw to hold the flag in. Not an autoflag, but you can buy 10 of these for the price of one autoflag.
Old    skippyh2o            06-21-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
I can get a suction cup flag holder to you for $15.00. It also mounts the flag vertical off of the gunnel. SKIP
www.northwestmarine-ski.com
Old    wes_the_gimp            06-22-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
Morgan, are those $1.00???

Ral, thanx. I would have to weld two together at a 90 deg. angle, so I would need 4. Thats over 10 times what the auto flag costs.

Mike, thanx. Ive been searching but not finding. Awesome if you could hook me up.
Old    wakeboardingfoo            06-23-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
Wes, it was $59. http://www.wakeproducts.com/accessories/flag.html

Old    6more            06-23-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Wes - I understand the concept. Great idea. I have one question however, How do you lower the flag again. If I understand this correctly, the string is clipped onto the bottom of the pole when the flag is down. You release this string and the bungie tightens and raises the flag. But doesn't the string go back into the tube? Or do you tie a knot half way up the string and use it for the down lock. That way when the flag is up, the knot is inside the tube, but there is enough string still hanging out the bottom that you can tighten it back up. Just curious.

Great job with it. If I lived in a state that required a flag, I would model one after your design.
Old    wes_the_gimp            06-23-2003, 9:58 PM Reply   
Brian, you got it. There is enough string to stick out the bottom when the flag is up.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-24-2003, 8:48 PM Reply   
Hell for that kind of money I could hire a homeless person to hold the flag for me. And he/she will add ballast.!!!!!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-28-2003, 6:24 AM Reply   
The old

The new

www.Wake-Me.com

(Message edited by phaeton on June 28, 2003)