Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Is there any advice out there for a girl that wants to ride but has nobody to ride with to catch a ride safely? I'm a beginner but LOVE it so far and really want the chance to get better and want to be safe about it. thanks!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-01-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
There are alot of trust worthy people on here and everyone knows someone. Also there are alot of Girls that ride on here. I wouldn't be too afraid.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-01-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
I've taken out many newbie girls as a result of relationships (friendly) developed here on wakeworld. Get to know people here and try to catch a ride with someone you think you can trust. Also, maybe ask to bring a friend to play it safe. Look for the signs and avoid guys that are just trying to get "chicks" on their boats. Hook up with people that are focussed on riding, or, people that really need a third and are looking for someone to fill a seat. Unfortunately its always a gamble with boat safety. You can only hope that you're riding with someone who is safe.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-01-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Ah! You're in San Ramon! I'm in Castro Valley.

I would be happy to "screen" your rides for ya. Maybe we can make room on the "Bone Crusher" for ya one of these weekends.
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
Sounds great! Where do you usually ride at? Would you mind if I bring a friend? Sorry prob not another girl lol. I'm one of those "most of my friends are guys" girls. I'm a snowboarder so this summer thing is new for me and most of my friends are in Tahoe. I'll bring drinks and will help with gas $ of course.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-01-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
First you post you pic on here to get the offers pouring in like crazy.

Have them send you a photo. Weed out anyone with a thick moustache.

Then you ask the offers where they ride and what they drive. Weed out anyone that says, "this little secluded lake in the mountains".

Avoid the following perv vehicles:

The Creepy 70's van

Upload

The wierdo Jeep Honcho

Upload

And the undisputed scourge of the playground... yes you know it, the El Camino.

Upload
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
LOL
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Me personally i'd ask some of the guys on the boat bun thread there pretty reliable and always looking for girls to ride ummm i mean ride with. JK. we have a small crew that goes out weekly girls and guys but we like to ride then chill, party, eat out and dock late around 9 is that up your alley?
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       06-01-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
Go out with married couples...wait...what am I saying....sorry guys!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
The "girls that ride" section is helpful too if you want to meet other girls that ride in your area. :-)

You can always trust J-Rod and the rest of the CIE crew. They're stand up guys.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-01-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
i want that van.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-01-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
oh yea
shannon, welcome. i prolly sound like the weirdo you're trying to avoid!! lol.

what lizzy said....
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
There are lots of people looking for riders honestly sometimes its hard to find a 3rd and having people come who arent in to riding isnt so great. We go out several times a week from orwood in disco bay. its usually a few guys or girls fairly mixed bunch. Your welcome to ride whenever
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
yea i love the boat bum threads.. haha

thanks you guys for all your help! hopefully i can make arrangements for something for next weekend or something. anyone going to the delta next Saturday or Sunday?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
Me and few of my buddy ride in this secluded lake in the mountains....do you need a pull,we would love to teach you how to ride?
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-01-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
Nacho wrote
"i want that van."

Shannon, Scratch Nacho off the list. See, already helpin ya weed em out.

Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Don't forget about Big_Ed also...
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
both of you
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Well, just think, we are helping her out by eliminating potential "risks" here. he he he
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
yea plus you're helping to make my work day go by faster. lol
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-01-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
I figured you guys would like the black Royal Knight edition playground cruiser. no bids for that one?

Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
does anyone else notice that as soon as she mentioned a dude J-rod hasnt responded.lol im with you man. there are alrady to many 8====> in my boat.
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
hey i'm just trying to be safe here till i can trust some of you guys. i see how it is. j/k i completely get the need for guys to have less of a sausage-fest. can i say that on here? lol
Old     (ballsdeep)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-01-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
What if used to own one(or more) of the those vehicles?
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
Shannon Im playin. I understand. however if you ever want to get good you might have to let your gaurd down a little. These are people who are on here everyday i dont see them as people you should worry about. this is a website that has riders who love to ride, The more people you ride with the better you will get.
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Oh i totally agree. I just thought if it'd probably be a good idea for me to throw in that I might want to bring a guy so that I'm not misleading anyone. That doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't actually be going with a girl. ;) I posted an ad over with the girls too.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
if you are ever in so cal you can ride with my wife and I.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-01-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Sorry Cappy, maybe one car might slide, but the vehicle combined with a "man with a girl name" has predator written all over it.

Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
Where in socal do you live?
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
i ride all over but mostly bv and castaic. sometimes elsinore channel and other times naci
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
nice. well have fun if you're heading out this weekend! i've got some people to head out with now. you guys are all awesome - thanks for your help and all the laughs throughout the day. i can't wait to get out there! :-)
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
Shannon - Go out to the next DRA event and you will get to meet many of these WakeWorlders in person. I'm sure you'll find lots of people to ride with and the events are a blast. See their web page for the dates. Welcome to WakeWorld. Drop me a PM if you ever need a pull. I ride with my wife, kids and neighbors on weekends.
http://www.deltariders.com/events.html
Old     (wakegirly101)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-01-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Are there any non-creepers who will be riding up in Powell over summer out of Wahweap?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-01-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
Awesome! Next time I need a ride I'm totally gonna ask a chick I know to post up lookin for a ride.

girl: can I get a ride w/ someone?
random dude wanting more girls in the boat: HELL YEAH!
girl: uhh...can I bring a guy friend?
random dude wanting more girls in the boat: um...uhh...well...(FVCK!) ok.
girl calls me: hey scott, I found us a ride!
scott: excellent.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-01-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
Scotta, that only works if you had any female friends
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-02-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Scott.... that's true what he said.. LOL!!! Sorry bro, had to.

Shannon, try to get in touch with Scott and Adrea. (Scott313 and Parkgirl). They're both super cool and kill it. Both snowboarders turned wakeriders and Andrea will definitely motivate you to get out and ride.

Only piece of advice I can give is to make sure you always make yourself welcome on a boat. Bring gas money (Plan on around $20 these days. Definitely no less if you ride more than once.) Try not to mooch food/drinks if you don't contribute. Help clean/wipe the boat down, or at least offer the help. These things go a long way toward getting invited back out on our boat. I don't car how cute a girl is. Her gas to ride costs the same as any of the boys (I may feel different about that if I wasn't married... LOL!!).

Take care... Good luck riding this summer. Chances are we'll cross paths at some point. Like Jarrod said, maybe we can get you out for a ride behind the bonecrusher one of these days.

(Message edited by guido on June 02, 2007)
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-02-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
NIcole I used to work at Wahweap. I know some kids that may be able to hook it up. pm me if you want.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-02-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
NIcole I used to work at Wahweap. I know some kids that may be able to hook it up. pm me if you want.
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-02-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hey Scott -- that's a GREAT idea for a guy actually!! And really ... I just had to throw in something about a guy so I knew they'd be ok with that... I'd most likely be going with my sister but so many guys on here just want some boat "buns" that they make it really obvious which guys really just want to ride with some cool people and which ones just want some boobs/buns to look at. I'll send something over to your peeps.
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-02-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Oh yeah and I may be a beginner but I'd ALWAYS bring drinks, food and gas money and probably be the one that wants to do all the work afterwards. I realize how much of a priveledge it is to ride on someone else's hard-earned boat. :-)
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-02-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
Shannon,
We live in Dublin and are out at least once a week during the summer. You are more than welcome to join us sometime. My wife is always looking for more girls to ride with on the boat.
Going out tomorrow but already have a full boat. PM me if interested in going out sometime in the next few weeks. We're all pretty much beginners but trying to get better.

Tim
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-02-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
We ride in the woods...a secret spot no one knows about so there is always...good...water??..lol j/k. had to say sumthin. ha. im in florida or i would let u ride with us.

Jason, i liked that el camino. they are bad to the bone..
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Just make sure you don't get a pull from this boat....

Upload
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2007, 1:14 AM Reply   
Eric you have way too much free time! Its a wakevan. You can ride then camp out.
Old    nwwakerider            06-04-2007, 1:54 AM Reply   
rule #1. dont ride with guys named Chester
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
"does anyone else notice that as soon as she mentioned a dude J-rod hasnt responded.lol im with you man."

hahah....nice!

It was Friday. You can COUNT on seeing my posts stop mid day every Friday, and continue Monday morning. I was out lapping the mountain roads on my 600RR while you were ?ing my character!

It's all good. Seriously, I hope we can get you out, but its not my place to invite. It's Evan and Billy's boat.

The advice about attending the DRA events is great. Good way to make new friends.
Old     (shanrox)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
thanks for that Jarrod. You were definitely given a bad rap. lol not to mention a lot of the other people... uh.. guys... on here. i'd love to get a ride from you guys one of these days. looks like i'll be at the dra event on the 16th in the delta. maybe i can meet you and some of your riding friends out there. :-)
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-04-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Shannon,

If you ever feel like coming to Berryessa I am always looking for a third. One of the people I ride with a lot is a girl who I met here. The first time she brought her brother to protect her even though he never rode. I guess that everything turned out ok since we have gone out riding a number of times since.

Scott
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-04-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
lol i was messin. Ill be at bv in bako from the 17 to 23 if anyone wants to roll out. just picked up another 1000 lbs to help harden the wake on my 211.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-05-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
If you really are looking for a safe way to get a pull, then check out your local womens wakeboarding community. Here are some ideas

- Visit your local wakeboat shop or wakeboard pro shop and chat with a female staffer to see if she has a boat. Who knows, she might offer to take you for a pull?

- Attend local amateur wakeboarding competitions such as INT and chat with the women that are competing. Most of them will be novice to intermediate amateurs and are just out there to meet people and have fun riding like you. Tell them you're stoked to see them ride and are interested in going out with them sometime. 9 times out of 10 they will be happy to find another female interested in wakeboarding to ride with.

- If you are lucky enough to be near a stop on the Liquid Force Maven Sessions tour, then take the opportunity not to just check out new gear and get a free pull, but to meet other local women that are into wakeboarding.

After LF Maven Session in Seattle last year, my wife now holds regular girls-only wakeboarding days on our boat. It started after the Liquid Force Maven Sessions when Kate from LF collected the contact info from all the participants. My wife decided to have open invites for the girls that participated so they could continue to have a fun, safe, and supportive environment to ride each weekend.