Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-26-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
I have noticed that the South has the best riders but when it comes to the internet the west coast dominates. Not only on wakeworld but almost every web site it seems west coasters are a lot more involved. I saw a vote on USAWakeboard on where people are from and it was like 45% West Coast. The other 3 or 4 areas made up the rest.

I am not inferring anything against the South but it seems weird to have 90% of the best riders and hardly any postings. I am from the midwest and we suck at both (Not really, it's just too cold so all the really good riders move south)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-26-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
we are busy getting better at boarding instead of making up for their riding deficiencies here online like the other coasters ..

JK you had it coming :-)
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-26-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Hey if you lived down here you wouldn't be online all the time, you'd be out on the water like the rest of us.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-26-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
Plus, its still shorts weather down here and we're not trapped in our homes with nothing to do....
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-26-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
We've got more bounce in California!!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-26-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
ugggh....that SONG!!
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-26-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
Well, westcoasters are generally, imo, more internetish...so that makes sense. Plus we in the south have no off season, so we don't post as much. If you did it by specific region, I'd bet that O-town has the fewest posts per wakeboarder ever! Plus, you never hear of S. florida that much, and many of the top riders in the world have come from here (shapiro, watson, hamilton, kovak, etc), but our "off season" is even shorter then orlando. We make fun of orlando down here b/c it is so cold up there. I heard they had a snowflake the other day. Weird.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-27-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Actually, most of the top West cost riders don't post either. Maybe that's why they are the best! Because they spend less time posting and more time riding? J/K
Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-27-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
handbags at dawn!!!! now now girls!!!
Old     (bulldog_peach)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-28-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
I didn't know there were any good west coast riders. JK. Although I was disapointed that they didn't show up at the big air Games in Cali last June.

I was in LA and went all the way out to Lake Elsinore to see all this west coast style and there was a big no show except for Alex impresive) and the Hoffmans and a couple of others. I would have thought there would have been over a hundred since all divisions could ride.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
nc and down to florida riders are crazy!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-28-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Maybe it's because we us west-coasters have jobs and can afford computers?

BUUUUUUUURNN!!!!
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
I'll toss out there that most the east coast regions have local websites.

And of course we can afford computers. Don't forget we pay a lot less for our boats in the South.... :-)

(Message edited by Whit on November 29, 2006)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-29-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
We also pay $1.50 less on gas/gallon.
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Taylor,
We're crazy? Maybe that's why we're the best... jk.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-30-2006, 4:06 AM Reply   
I thought New Jersey had the most and best riders.