Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    walt            05-30-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
I just bought a third rack and would like to see how the rest of you guys mounted yours. (pics please)
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-30-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
Walt - Most of the guys have to mount them on the lower cross bar. See Doug Lowe's V230. I went with a single clamp rack so I could go to the top cross bar with mine. Sorry no pics.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-30-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
look at my profile pic I have 4 racks.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-30-2006, 11:39 PM Reply   
Walt you can check out my profile pic I have 4 racks mounted
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2006, 1:19 AM Reply   
I have mine on the lower 2, the bottom rack is angled down a long way so the boards fit but its easier to get the boards on and off IMO.
Upload
Old    walt            05-31-2006, 4:42 AM Reply   
Thanks guys !
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-31-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Walt, mine are on the lower two, and then offset. It works, but can be a bit tougher, nice on those holiday weekends though!
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Heres another one for ya Walt.Upload
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-31-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Steve what racks are thos on top? Bat racks should work but also maybe the Skylon I think have single mounts.
Rick
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
Rick, there the wake designs racks, heres a better pic.Upload they have one clamp also.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-31-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Steve
Those racks look familiar. They look sweet on you're boat.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-31-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
i think the looks of steve's set-up is sweet looking. I always have liked the racks up high.
Old    walt            05-31-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
I probably have to stick with the two lower bars because I bout another Proflight rack.

Thanks again for the feed back guys.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
Thanx Aaron, there doin a great job for me, thanx for the hookup!
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
Whatever you do, stay away from the JUNKY pro-flight board racks!!!
I wasted $500
Upload
Old    walt            06-06-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
The Proflight racks I have seem pretty solid. What was the problem with Yours ?
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Well...Now you got me started! :-)
I bought the latest & greatest aluminum racks that mount vertically rather than horizontally from proflight at the boat show.
So, they look good but...The design on them is flawed, the weight of the board causes the aluminum mount to turn which allows the board ends to either look up in the air or down at the water.
-Not to mention the boards bounce violently regardless how you put em up, they slip backward from the wind and I have had a board almost fall out while on the water.
-I've tried them in all positions, I have tightened the bolts as tight as they will go, even used a pipe for leverage to the point I was worried about the aluminum breaking!
Ready for Proflight's master solution:
They advised I put a washer or a penny between the mount and my tower to hold it into position!!!
I tried for 3 months to work nicely and patiently with proflight-Eric, but reached a point where they probably realized the product was junk so they just stopped returning my phone calls and emails.
So that's why I say don't make the same mistake I did! Good Luck
Old    walt            06-06-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
I'm not familiar with that rack but the ones I've got seem to work great so far.
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
Well wouldn't ya know...from all my emailing my racks have their own disk...Get ready to familiarize yourself:
Upload
Upload
Oh yeah, did I mention they originally sent me USED mounting hardware!!!
Old    texag            06-07-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
Jordan - Sorry to hear of your problems. As a counterpoint for this thread, I've got those same racks on my V215 and they seem to be working great. If anything they seem a little too snug with the boards.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
I put the same racks on at the beginning of the season and they worked just fine until Saturday. On the way back to the marina my wife asked why the boards were tilted so much. So after only about 30 hours the racks were turning. I checked to make sure the clamps were tightened properly and the racks are still turning. I am calling ProFlight today to see what they have to say.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
I just spoke with ProFlight and got the same "fix" as JORDAN B. Put a washer in there. I'll give it a try and see if it works.
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
I would have thought Pro-flight would be to embarrassed to actually suggest that to somebody other than myself...
Guess Not!
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-13-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
The aluminum ProFlight board racks scratched the hell out of my bindings. I not sure if it was my buddy driving live a mad man or the racks don't hold the board in place. He also has the same problem with the rotation of the racks. The wieght of the boards combined with rough water causes the rack to rotate. We talked about drilling a hole the the mount and the tower a putting a screw through it. He is afraid it might shear off.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
If you guys are having Pro Flight Issues, call Jack or Bobby at Pro Flight and disucss with them. This is a QUALITY company with long standing great customer service. I am not sure of the washer/spacer issue, but that does not sound like a big deal to me. Give them a call...
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-14-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
I installed a washer as suggested by ProFlight last night and the racks don't rotate any more and were strong enough for me to hang from. It looks like the $.08 washer will do the trick.

Jason,
I don't have an issue with ProFlight. They took my call and got me to the right person for the solution right away. I have been happy with all my ProFlight products.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Great to hear keith! Mabye they should throw in the washers with a little instructions in the future. I'll bring it up. Thanx for the positive feedback.
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-14-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
$.08 cent washer or $80.00 washer, the fact remains the specific product I purchased, for about $500 does not work. And the blow-off I got from Pro-Flight is not the "QUALITY" response I would expect from a quality company.
(3 months of phone calls & emails ended in the final determination that I should find a washer or a penny to insert in them)
Additionally, I am speaking about my specific problem, with one specific product, I never said or urged anyone not to frequent Pro-Flight, only to avoid the exact same racks I purchased.
Am I wrong to be put off by spending $500, and then having to rig Pro-Flights product to work on my Pro-flight tower??? Or am I naive in assuming that they would just work when installed?
And yes, I'm frustrated - But on the way to Melones tomorrow so all is well! Have a great weekend on your boats everybody........