Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-28-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
Hey has anyone used or has one of these connectors. I saw them at west marine and they look and feel super trick. They are not cheep
when its all said and done Im looking at $82 for a trailer wire. I was looking at a 6 foot 7 blad to 5 f=round and the 5 round connector for the trailer. Im looking to get rid of the 5 flat connector on my trailer and install the new 5 round.
https://www.jetconnex.com/index.html

(Message edited by grant_west on October 28, 2005)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-28-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-28-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
Grant;
I had made similar set up's for my drag boat trailers, Have not put it on my present trailer. Now that West Marine carries spiral cord is a plus. It is a expensive wire for me to buy wholesale. But I get it in 100' sections at a time.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-28-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
I have seen a few in black on travel trailers. Once you add the safety chains/cables into the mix I think they just add some busyness to an already messy looking hookup. I prefer to run the trailer wire all the way up through the tongue then just drop a short little loop under the ball. Notice they don't show any safety chains/cables nor brake safety wire in their ads.

Since I really don't trailer that much I still use a messy looking 7 round to 5 blade adapter on my Tahoe, the truck is wired with a 5 flat. We used the nice chrome round 4 prong connectors in the hot boat days, it was always a pain having various adapters around. After a few years with promo tournament boats, I just gave in to using the ugly little 4 flat and learned to ignore it.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Grant, saw the same thing. They do look very nice. I didnt think about it at the time, but I could have put the whole flushmount system in to get rid of excess wires up front. But what happens when you are out boating? Someone gonna rip it off since it just plugs into the trailer and the car?

I prefer the wire loom from San Mateo Electronics, it looks pretty nice itself, and my harness fits perfectly around the ball into the plug. Why mess with a good thing?

Let me know if you get it, and I will "watch" your truck to see if anyone snags it when it is parked.

I understand most people disconnect the wires when launching anyway, but I'm lazy, and mine have yet to ruin anything.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Oooh oooh,

You could get the 7 wire plug and run power back to your trailer for led lighting that faces up onto the boat for that late evening cleaning session!!!!
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-29-2005, 12:18 AM Reply   
We used one on our old boat worked great and very strong.
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-03-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
We have used one of these on our shop boat and it's slick and clean. We are doing a lighting install on a X45 and noticed a nice knock off on the MC trailer. It is a bit expensive but a quality piece.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-03-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
I orderd one today it should be here next week.