Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    pilot_tallboy            04-13-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
Hi i have been out of water sports for 3 years now and i am looking to get back in to it. I want to wakeboard and ski and so my problem is - I have been looking at 2 boats which one should i go for ? bayliner 175 xt 3litre 130 hp or bayliner 195 4.3 litre 210 hp efi ? your comments will be greatly appreciated . Oh yes i cant afford a proper ski boat i live in the uk and they are mega bucks here so is the fuel hence why 4.3 litre boat is a bit scary !!!
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-13-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
From my experience, the more HP the better for riding. I have ridden behing a 150 and I could almost bring it below 10 MPH with a hard cut. Also, the longer it takes to get the boat up to speed the longer it takes to get a rider out of the deep start. This means more energy spent on getting up and less riding. With my MC I can take 10 plus runs before I am tired where it was 4 and out with the lesser HP. Hope this helps, I'm no pro, but I have fought sucky boats for alot of my life
Old    tea_boy            04-14-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
Gary, just need a little more info to give my best advice, like where will you be running the boat, lake / sea, will it just be a ski/wake boat or will it be used for fishing trips, family tours, etc, and what is your rough budget?
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-15-2005, 1:20 AM Reply   
Gary, where abouts do you ride?

If your worried about fuel then something like a 3 litre or 4.3 really isn't going to be that much more economical than a proper ski boat. Especially if your going to load it up with weight for wakeboarding.

I can get a good days boarding from £20 of LPG even when running 1500+ lbs of ballast in my MC.

Its a good time to buy any boat in the UK at the mo as all the windermere boats are coming up for grabs.

Its all really down to your budget and the water you ride on. I guess you must have 10K+ as the 175XT hasn't been out that long and even 2 year old ones fetch over 10K.

Old    pilot_tallboy            04-15-2005, 2:22 AM Reply   
Hi ride in loch lomond scotland plan to ski wakeboard
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2005, 6:02 AM Reply   
The 4.3 won't be any more fuel inefficient then the 3.0 . The best buy, of course the larger boat with the biggest engine, but it depends on your situation.
For wakeboarding/skien both the 175 and 195 are pretty good for an I/O .