Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-18-2011, 5:19 AM Reply   
The Spring 2 Summer event/comp is coming up the first weekend in June. I can't find much information on it. Does anyone have specifics about the event? The format of the comp and any other details about the Friday night rail jam, etc? I've seen the facebook page with the dates and hotel information, but that is about all I can find.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-18-2011, 5:24 AM Reply   
Here is a link to info on our local boating site about it, there is an email on the flyer so you probably should just email Dustin if you have other questions. Hope it helps.

Link
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-18-2011, 6:18 AM Reply   
Gonna be soooo sick! Rail jam at the Best Western on Lake Guntersville Friday night... then boat contest Sat and Sunday (June 3-5)... Always such a rad time. Amazing party scene, tons of people and usually some really quality riding.

Be there!
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-18-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
If the format is the same as last year (from what Dustin has told me nothing has changed), there is no fall-limit, but you have 5 min of continuous clock (even through falls) once you pass the start buoy and I believe its a $40 entrance fee(?).

As for the rail jam, I know several have been invited, but there may be a sign-up sheet on site for a small fee. There were some people who rode last year that were able to sign up at the last minute, but they were a few locals so I'm not sure if the rail jam is open or not. The jam should be SICK this year with the likes of Nate Perry (who at last check was bringing up several riders with him) and the ALwake guys. BTW, if the rail jam is open, WWA membership is required as always.

The screen on my Droid 2 went out last night but Ill call Dustin and post the details back here once I activate my replacement.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-18-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
Nate, Quinn and that crew are in France for Wake N Beach... but will be down for the last BTW in late July or whenever finals are.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-18-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Chris, thanks for the link. I've seen that flyer and I've tried to email Dustin a few times with no luck.

Johnny, thanks for the information. I would appreciate any details you can post. I have my rooms booked and definately looking forward to a good time.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-18-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
Well that sucks I thought they were going to be in town.

Sorry Dustin hasn't gotten back to ya, but he is working elsewhere right now so I guess he hasn't found the time to check his emails.

But here are the details I found out: format is as I described- $40 entry fee, must be WWA member.
The Friday night rail jam is invite only (at least for the moment, but isnt likely to change).

Other details you should know: bring a lot of booze because it never lasts long, bring a boat and crew if you can because the boat line is definitely fun as hell (if not I will have my boat out anyway), and lastly call the best western to verify your room and let them know you are there for the comp so you can get a discount if you didnt already
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-19-2011, 5:06 AM Reply   
Thanks Johhy, Do you know if the sign up for the comp will be Friday night at the hotel or morning of? I haven't seen any way to pre-register.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       05-19-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
Registration for the events will happen Friday night at the rail jam and Saturday morning at the S2S event till about noon. If you are not already a WWA member you will have to become one, but the $40 entry fee for the event pays for that and the contest entry. ($35 WWA membership - $5 entry fee) Like mentioned earlier, the rail jam will likely be invite only, but I'm sure a few last minute buddies will get in. This rail jam is more or less just a demo to show folks some riding while we party at the hotel the night before the event.

Spring 2 Summer fomat: (Don't quote me on this, but this is what I helped come up with last year and I don't think anything has changed.) Contest runs will be 5 minutes long including time it takes to pick up fallen riders. Timer begins at a bouy marking the start. Unlimited falls for intermediate, advanced, & outlaw classes. I'm not positive but I think beginners have a 2-3 fall limit. Runs will be scored on style, amplitude, difficulty. There will be some trick limiting factors that will dictate what class you may ride in, but I can't remember them right now. That should be on the entry form when you sign up.

If you bring a boat to raft up in the boat line I strongly suggest going to Tous-R-Us and buying some Hippity Hops. They are the best boat fender ever made! They will protect your boat with all the rollers that will be sent to the boat line constantly. Make sure to bring plenty of beverages, food, sunscreen as going back and forth the run will be frowned upon! If you don't bring a boat there will be plenty of room to watch for shore as well.

I'm sure there is a lot more I'm forgetting, but if you've been before it's basically going to be more of the same.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-19-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason. If I remember correctly beginner has the 5 min. limit or 3 falls (whichever comes first) and the trick limits for classes is:
Beginner- No spin or invert ( except for 180's)
Intermediate- 1 spin, 1 invert
Advanced- 3 spins, 3 inverts (no mobes)
Outlaw- Anything
And at one point we had a pro class but I guess thats not too important for the moment
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-19-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
Pretty sure last year intermediate was spins to 360 and basic inverts, advanced was spins up to 540 and no handle pass inverts or mobes... and the only diff between outlaw and pro was your ego if I remember correctly lol
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-19-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
It really doesn't matter tho... register for a class you are comfortable with and have fun... its a super laid back atmosphere. Nobody's gonna get worked up unless you clearly sandbag a class just to win
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-19-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luker View Post
Pretty sure last year intermediate was spins to 360 and basic inverts, advanced was spins up to 540 and no handle pass inverts or mobes... and the only diff between outlaw and pro was your ego if I remember correctly lol
what he said lol
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2011, 5:56 AM Reply   
anyone got the results?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-07-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
1. Sims
2. Graydon
3. Albright

I wasn't there for finals but I know these are the results. Had a bit too much to drink Saturday night after qualifiers and ripped a giant hole in my foot goin up some stairs at the hotel hahaha... was at the ER Sunday instead of the contest lol was a super fun tho, crazy crazy weekend.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
Wish I could have made it. Congrats to Matt, glad to see he is getting to have a little fun this summer.