Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-10-2010, 9:23 PM Reply   
wheres the pics? saw you shoot some pics of us today :-)

-Isaac
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2010, 12:11 AM Reply   
were you guys in the yellow and white v210? i was in Brant's blue v210 with alan and james walker.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-11-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
Yup... man the water was good!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-11-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
You guys are out of your friggin' minds. Do you put on wetsuit booties with the drysuit and wetsuit gloves? I'm asking this because I've never worn a drysuit before nor ridden in water that cold before so I don't really know the standard operating procedure.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Brrr..... Ha, ha, ha. Another month or two before our boat comes out of hibernation.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
kyle, i wear a 4/3 psycho 1 with 3mm heat socks under my wakeskate shoes, and some 1.5mm DL psycho gloves. i felt warm in the water, but in the boat i froze.
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
Staying warm in the boat is easy. Just treat it like a snowmobiling trip and you will be fine. Basically I wear my snow skiing pants and my super thick down jacket (the kind you wear up on Mount Rainier when you are taking a rest break) then get in REI brand 55 degree sleeping bag up to my waist with the heater tube going into the bottom. In the water I wear a baggy dry suit with my ski pants and gamma hoody underneath. Kids do great with this setup as well

Here are a couple of pics

Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
this is the best time of year to ride...if you have the right equipment. The drysuit is enough for riding, but you have to prepare more for sitting on the boat before and after your turn.

No one is on the river right now. I wish i didnt have to work so i could enjoy the glassy wa-wa all day, everyday.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-11-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
a group of us rode saturday, and i wore a drysuit with just a thermal long sleeve shirt, and a pair of sweats under, and i was warm the entire time. everyone in the boat was looking forward to getting in the water so they could warm up. in between sets is the worst part of riding in the winter. but the miles of glass and nothing but fishermen make it worth while.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
I Just used the Psycho 1.5 gloves on sunday and Im getting a pair asap. I could still feel the handle and pass it which was my only worry. Made my set sunday way longer than saturdays and I came in when I got tired not when my hands hurt.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
Brodie, nice meeting and riding with you yesterday. I too will be picking up some of those Psycho gloves. Water temps in the high forties is rough on the hands and feet!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-12-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Way to keep the sport alive during the winter! What are the temps that are so cold, here in UT we rode Dec 20 and it was just plain crazy. We had high 30's for air and water. We had a cooler full of HOT water and it made all the difference in the world. Here are a couple of shots we got...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-12-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
Wow. Brave.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-12-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
Up here in Wisco, we've gotta love that cold water! I've usually got Under Armor head to toe, sweatpants, two t-shirts, a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt under my baggy drysuit. Keeps ya toasty! Gotta love olling ice chunks! These pics were from our first run a season ago.

UploadUpload
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-12-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
The icicles on the boots are CLASSIC. That's awesome!