Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-14-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
I may have a job opportunity in the Washburn/Coleharbor area. Are there any wakeboarders up in that area? How's the river near Washburn? I know Bismarck has some wakeboarders, but anything north?
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-14-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Jake, Lake Sakakawea has a few boarders up there but there really no way I can get you a contact number since I don't know any. My buddy has a cabin up there but not sure when or if he'll be back up there since this weekend he's taking the plunge and getting Hitched! He brought the boat back to Bismarck anyways. My bud Dirtysparks has a boat and we usually hit the water every chance we can, thats if the wind, rain, and chilly temps ever cooperate with us! I'm sure he'd be willing to give you a pull. When you in town? You staying in Washburn or Bismarck?
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-14-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
Most likely I would be staying in Washburn. If I do head out that way, it wouldn't be until fall/winter. Just trying to get a feel for the scene before I commit. The first thing I do when looking at a new job is see if there is a water body around that I can wakeboard on. Gotta have priorities!!!
Old     (snowandwake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-14-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
I don't know any dudes who ride up north, but we ride in Bismarck pretty much every day its nice and another friend has a private lake about and hour east of Bismarck where we shred.
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-14-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
Mark, You talking about the Clausy's Lake? What boat are you riding in on the river?
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-14-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
"The Man, The Myth, The Legend"
Old     (snowandwake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-14-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
yep! I have been riding with a friend who has an 08 x star (:
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-14-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Haha Thats funny Nick is coming back this weekend and I'm hoping to get a run in with him Saturday morning! I saw you guys heading out sunday evening as we were loading up my buds boat the Malibu VLX. I'm the tow vehicle guy haha.
Old     (snowandwake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-15-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
really? i haven't seen that malibu...maybe ill see you out riding this weekend then
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-15-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Yep red and black malibu, you guys NEVER wave back.

We'll be out this weekend. Washburn is only a 40 mile drive, you can get ahold of us. I don't think there's a wake scene in washburn though...
Old     (snowandwake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-15-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Are you sure its us? We always go ride down at the desert...I have honestly never seen your boat!
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-15-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
I bet your riding on the X2 that Valley used to own! How is it down at the desert? Hit anything yet?
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       07-15-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Maybe it's not you, this one is a white picklefork with graphics that look like less than and greater than signs <<<<<<>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<>>>>>>
Old     (snowandwake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-15-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
must not be us lol...my friend has an x star that is 3/4 white then 1/4 black in the back and it says x star on the side in orange....the desert is super nice if you know where to drive or else it could get sketchy
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-15-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
Jake -When do you find out if your making the move and taking the job? Where you planning to work at?
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-16-2009, 5:02 AM Reply   
Job is with the US Fish and Wildlife Service, I won't find out for a couple more months.