Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-11-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 X2 and the cover has seen better days. I am going to have to get a new cover. I have heard that there is a cover that fits over the swim platform, is this true? Also does anyone know the cost. Thanks, Mike
Old     (redlinewatersports)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-11-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Mike - Though the hulls are the same, due to the different tower designs a 2003 X2 will not fit under the cover of an 06-08 X-1 cover. Just an FYI. Also, MasterCraft does not offer a cover that fits over the platform, but you may be able to find an aftermarket cover that does. Otherwise, look into a custom cover. They are a little pricier, but the custom fit, color, options and extra protection will be well worth it in 5 - 10 years! Just my 2 cents...
Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       02-11-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Just looked up a Westland cover online. It says it covers the swim platform .. in sharkskin it was 350 free shipping..
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-11-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
dude the sharkskin looks good and seems better then the cloth but i wouldnt waste my money ,mine lasted 18 months and now has dry rotted..

its now tore up and i need another one..by the cheapest one and get a new one every year or do it right once and by the sunbrella material ..

those with sunbrella material biminis and covers and that store their boats full time in the sun outside,how are they holding up and how long have you had them??

I store my boat outside all the time with no protection but the cover and the stock manufacturers cover and now my sharkskin semi custom cover have all rotted in 18 months or less..

i need some strories and encouragement on is it worth getting the top sumbrealla cover or not?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
no response?? comae on you all must have a lot of these covers..??
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-14-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
The ONLY company to get covers from is....

www.skiboatcovers.com

Ask for Mike. He is great. I have a full waterline cover, including the swim platform, made from Sunbrella material. I store my boat on a covered boat lift year round. This thing is great. It has been over 2 years now and it looks as good as it did when I got it.

Give him a ring.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
i store mine outside in the direct sunlight and exposed to the elements i need a great cover that will last 5 plus years in these conditions..

does anybody else here store there right out in the open and know a cover that last more then 2 seasons?

i hate to spend 6-800 dollars on a sumbreall and only get three yaers out of it and it cost twice as much as the two yer cover..

need more info..
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-14-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Sunbrella material will last more than 2 seasons in direct sunlight. Mine is second hand, I have had for 2 years, previously on another boat for 3. I had one hole patched where water sat in a pool and rotted that area. I have repaired with cloth tape one or two rips. It is showing age, but it looks like I will get another 2 years out of it in the same conditions.

(Message edited by olSkoolTige on February 14, 2008)
Old    walt            02-14-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   

quote:

I have heard that there is a cover that fits over the swim platform, is this true? Also does anyone know the cost. Thanks, Mike

I have one that goes over the swim deck and it sucks when the boat is in the water. I had forgot that my boat spends every weekend in the water when I bought it.

Getting 5 years plus out of your cover is easy if you put a tarp over it to keep the UV rays off of it.
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-18-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Bill, I had a sunbrella cover on my 96 prostar for two years outside in the direct sun. It was like new after two years. The only thing I did was make sure water didnt pool on it and I washed it 1-2 times a year with a detergent and water then let it dry out completely before putting it back on the boat. I sold the boat with the cover and I bet the new owner had that cover for at least 2 more years even without taking care of it.