Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-05-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
I may have to permanently move to NYC next year just to hang out with you all...I love it!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-05-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
It's too bad KickAssKel and the Palovcak crew won't be there, but this Saturday is already shaping-up to
be a great day out on the water. And again, I think that PA cove by the PA Turnpike bridge is a good spot
for the midday party so we don't get pounded by rollers the whole time. Is there going to be a post riding
Smokey Joe and cigar roast?

Around midnight or so last Saturday I got text messaged by Cole! If I hadn't punked-out becuase of the rain,
Cole was going to take the train down from the city to ride. Maybe this Saturday we'll have Cole out there.

Ahhh yes. Doreen is very skilled with her mouse. Click on The Transgression logo and you're taken to
The Transgression home page. Also, if you click on the Malibu logo you go to the San Bar Marina home page.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
As the weekend draws closer and someone wants to fill up a spot on their boat, I'd love the opportunity to meet up w/ you guys for a session :-)
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-06-2007, 3:01 AM Reply   
Saturday looks good for me too, see you all out there.

Dave, I ordered the yellow impellers and should have them soon. I was told by Bob at Sterling Marina that he's been switching all of them out to the yellow one's and it should solve my problems. Again thanks for all your help.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-06-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Mid day at the cove sounds good! But we
and Smokey will have to go it another time, since we have a previous obligation Saturday night.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm
heading to SOS tomorrow to pick up Annette's
B-day present and a bit more ballast for the boat.

(Message edited by eustace on June 06, 2007)
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-06-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Is anyone heading out Sunday that has room on their boat? I wish I could make out Sat., but it isn't going to happen.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
Okay my back is about 60% and I think I'm set for Saturday morning. I will be arriving around 9:30 and pull out about 3pm to avoid low tide because 2 of the people on my boat have to be back home at 5. My crew looks to be me,my wife,my older daughter, 1 of her friends, my wifes friend and her son. Next weekend I'm planning a guys day out on the boat with more wakeboarders than kids.

Chris N I'll plan on trying to get together with you next weekend.

Dave I'll bring your prop puller and KG'S board. And I'll grab Gavins board from you.

I can't wait to get the boat wet and see the NJ crew again,it's been a while.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-06-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Saturday looks like it will be an awesome day on the river. It will be great to see everyone...and I am so excited Micah is here. PopsLef, dear old Dad...I haven't heard, are you in?? You should definitely bring out the Invader!!

Justin and I will be in attendance. We'll be on the Moomba with Brian and Annette. Alex, post riding Smokey Joe and cigar roast sounds good to me. But you have to bring the guitar. Relaxing with friends after a fun day of riding and a few beers is the best. 60 Sylvia was always great for that.

By the way, http://www.njwakefest.com/ looks really good. Nice job Alex and Doreen!!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
can anybody go riding today, thursday?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-07-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
I'm off this and next week. Its amazing how bored you get when you dont have to work, lol.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Chris N, I'm looking to go out next Friday if your going to around.
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Hey Michelle, are you talking about a 10 GW Invander. My dad used to have one
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 2:17 AM Reply   
Does anyone have a copy of The Book video that they would lend me for 1 week?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
KG Do you want that board tomorrow? The reason I ask is because when I get there you will already be out in the water and I'll also be leaving before you guys, so I wont see you at the ramp meaning you'll have to carry the board around all day on Alex's boat. If you want I'll wait till Wakefest or just give it to you tomorrow on the water.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
Damn man! Everyone's comin out on Saturday! Just my crappy luck with the weather last weekend, this Saturday is my first show so I can't come out, I'm totally bummed, I'd much rather be wakeboarding. Is there anyone going out on Sunday? If not ya'll have a great weekend and I'm praying to the Lord that I can get out next weekend. Take care everyone.
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-08-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
Guys,

I've been looking for a local spot (close to NYC) to board. Bordentown seems like it. I'm originally from Texas and still have my boat/board out there. Anyone up for giving me a pull tomorrow? I'm good for gas $$.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Okay Chris here is directions from the south. Your coming from the north but the exit should be the same just make sure when you get off 295 head north on 295 to the first light which is right off the exit. There should be a Mc Donalds on your right at your first light.

Directions:
Take I-295 north to exit 57
Take route 130 north to Farnsworth ave. (1st light)
Turn left onto Farnsworth ave. and go through town to stop sign.
Turn left at stop sign and proceed straight to boat launch. (Go under RR bridge)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-08-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Jim,
Sure I'll scam that back from ya. We have another friend that want's to borrow it soon.

Tomorrow should be a hoot...we can all talk about how it's much nicer to be out on the water then in jail like Paris Hilton!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
KG Do you want it on the water tomorrow?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
Okay here is a sneak peak.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-08-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
Jim,

That's a sweet tower that you added. Congrats on your Tige.
Clay
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the directions Jim :-) When I talked to Alex we went over how to get there and I think it should be pretty easy to get to. The boats looking sweet! now i know what to look out for too. Definitely looking forward to tomorrow, gonna be a blast :-)
see you guys in the am!
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
Jim, what year is your Tige. I think it might be the exact same boat my Dad has, 96? is what I think it is.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-09-2007, 3:28 AM Reply   
Thank You guys. Cole mine is a 1998. See you guys in a couple of hours.
Old     (jond)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
I saw lots of nice wakeboard boats out on the Delaware today I remember when I was just about the only person out there pulling anything other than a tube. To bad the wind was kickin' a bit but that spot in front of Pennsbury Manor was pretty good.

As usual I had a boat full of kids so I spent most of the day dealing with "can we swim now?" and "I'm hungry" and didn't get a chance to meet any of you in person.

Still have not bought a wakeboard for my kids, my 11 year old daughter says she will not use it if I get one and refuses to say why and I don't think my 7 year old will try yet.

Jim B, maybe we can get our 11 year olds together and get them to do an "I'll try it if you will thing".
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-09-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Haaaaaa, 2 weddings today and now I'm feeling it...

Anyway's, Weather;s crumy but wakefest's days away! Can't wait! 20 day's...livin'lovin.

Miss ya folks, see ya soon
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-10-2007, 3:40 AM Reply   
new to jersey and heard this was the place to meet riders and get a pull out on the water?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-10-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
yesterday was great! Huge thanks to Jim and his family for everything! You guys are awesome! Hopefully next time we dont have to watch beauty and the beast spend 40 minutes trying to get their boat on the trailer.
It was really a pleasure to meet everyone else... dave, alex, doreen and the whole crew.
Definitely have to do this again soon :-)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-10-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Wow, what a good (but different) day of wakeboarding!

Lots of new people out yesterday, glad to meet everyone!

I invited Susan Kim from NYC to come meet the NJ Wake Riders, but while gassing-up the boat a guy walks up to meet and asks if I have any extra room for one more rider. This was Ryan from Flemington, who had posted a few times on www.wakeboardnj.com as "wakeme".

This thread is exploding with new people, and the NJ wake scene keeps growing! Welcome JonD and Johan K.

I hope everyone had a good day, despite some mechanical problems and boat ramp "entertainment". Never a dull day on the Delaware!
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Guys,

Thanks to everyone for being such a friendly bunch! It was a great afternoon. You are all really committed to the sport and I'm glad to have found an amazing group of boarders outside of Texas!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-10-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Jon D next time you see us flag us down.

Yesterday was great. Nice to see the crew again and it's always nice to get that little hug and kiss from Doreen.

Chris is was great to meet you and you are welcome on my boat anytime I have room. I have a great picture to post of Chris later.I'm still pissed at those idiots at the ramp.

johan kampfraat you have found the best thread on all of wakeworld, stay turned to this page daily and we will get you some pulls.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-10-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
As promised here is Chris leaning into one.Upload
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-10-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
hahah, nice! one of the many falls that cleaned out my head w/ river water :-)
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-10-2007, 5:12 PM Reply   
Saturday was full of events. Police were checking boats at the ramp, Eustace unfortunately had a fuel pump malfunction, and I wish I had my camera when those crackheads were trying to paddle their inflatable mattress to the sandbar against the tide. TOO DAMN funny!

Thanks go out to Dave for the pull. Michele and I always appreciate it. The wake was lovely. Hope the boat is ok and was just low on fuel.

Hopefully Eustace can fix the fuel pump and be back out next weekend, I know he was pumped about having the new ballast bag and Annette wanted to get on her new board badly.

Jim, the new boat looks great! Watch the rollers over the bow, man that baby sits low. It looks like you've bagged her out with something like 2k lbs.

As always, it was great hanging on the river with everyone. We even had a post-session cigar smoke and chatted about the upcoming wakefest. I can't wait until next weekend.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-11-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Man, what a day Saturday was, and I was only out there until 10 AM!

Alex, thanks again for the pulls. I am still feeling the ill effects of the hardest fall I've had in years! Nothing like a good, old fashioned face slapper!

It was great seeing the Wakefest faithful out there in mass so early. The energy is glowing up here, that's for sure. I have already started receiving the raffle stuff and expect more to be rolling in this week and next. Good stuff!

And a special recognition goes to Joe Pearson and Doreen for the awesome Wakefest posters! I have included it here so people can see just how cool it is. Joe designed it and Doreen had it transferred onto poster to advertise our upcoming event. I think it is one of the cooest promotions for a wakeboarding event ever! It is so special to have it for our event.

Less than 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-11-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-11-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Wow. That's really nice. Great job Doreen and Joe!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-11-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
Sorry I missed what sounds like a great weekend on the Delaware. It would have been great to see everyone and to witness Eustace paddling the boat! I won't mix the next weekend people are out~ Counting the days till Wakefest.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Thats a pretty sweet poster. Reminds me of the endless summer cover :-)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
I hope Eustace did not have the same problem I had last year. My pump went bad last year and it is in the fuel tank. $500 for the pump and another $200 in labor.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
JB, not looking for the props, but thank you. I do it for the love! I thanked my printer 100 times already for doing it.

Chris, that's exacly what it is! Joe Pearson did the design and between my printer, myself and Alex, we tweaked it to come up with the exact wording and placement. We already have it posted in a few local places in the Manahawkin area. The posters will be available at the wakefest.

This weekend was crazy!! Just about everyone was on the water! It was great to see everyone in full wakeboarding mode!

This weekend for us looks like another early morning run but on Sunday, not Saturday.
Old     (wakegirl0919)      Join Date: May 2007       06-11-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
This Sat was beautiful. It was refreshing to ride again even though I'm very rusty. Extremely sore right now....

Thanks, Dave, for pulling me behind your boat. It was also really nice meeting everyone. You can tell those DC riders on the forum that the scene in NJ is more exciting!

Anytime anyone has room on their boat, please let me know. I'm definitely down for this Sat :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-11-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
Last Friday I printed out a few flyers from the njwakefest site and hung them in Boatersworld, West marine, Boat Us and the Bad Boy skate and surf shop.

I'm planning a boys day out on the boat Friday and a family day on Sat or Sun depending on the weather.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Jim, you could have emailed me. I would have sent you the real deal to hang up.

It's crunch time now.....promote, promote, promote!!!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
Sweet Poster Doreen....And to the rest of you river rats
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
sounds like all you guys are pretty tight with eachother, but im new to jersey and dont got no riding friends here and was lookin to tryin to meet some fun people, if anyone is going out this weekend and needs another rider itd be awesome to get my new board wet.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-11-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Johan I should have room this Friday if your around.

Doreen, yesterday the kid that delivered my pizza to the house asked about my boat and we talked wakeboarding, he is new to the scene so I told him to gather his friends and come to wakefest.

PS I am so sore from my first ride of the summer. I don't remember it hurting this much in previous years. Must be getting old
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
Jim how's that back?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
lol... I'm with you two Jim and Sue... I'm freakin sore! This reminds me of why I dont like going to the gym :-)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Yo Chris where's Cranford in reference to Bordentown?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
I'm about 50-60 minutes north. Exit 11 on the turnpike, then north on the gsp to 137.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
I'll see ya on the 30th then!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
JB is "still feeling the ill effects of the hardest fall [he's] had in years." It looks like The Widow Maker
has claimed another victim. Gotta love that Nautique wake!
Upload

Like so many others, I'm a little sore from Saturday's riding too; but just my abs. Weird.

With wakefest only weeks away, should I stay home and work on the event on Sunday or should I burn Sunday
towing to Bordentown and boarding?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2007, 3:56 AM Reply   
What is the plan for wakefest? What time are we starting set up? What is everyone doing with their boats? Are you towing down and leaving on the trailer til late in the day or putting them in the water early and anchoring?

Sunny and 91 on Sunday, I think that might be my day.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-12-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
Was great to see everyone on the river Sat. Was also great to meet a few new people. Sue, Ryan and Keith were way cool people and I look forward to chillin with you people again!

Dave, the xstar is really nice, hope it was just the fuel being low. Sounds exactly like it did when we were out on the lake. Looks like the same motor as well. Don't forget to check out that software update with the dealer.

Micah was excited to see everyone again too! He is extremely excited about Wakefest and is happy he'll be here again for it!

Brian, I hope the boat gets fixed soon! You smell like gas!

Jim, your new boat looks great. You and your family were all smiles, very nice to see.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-12-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Dave M, you heading up to Wally this weekend? We will be up both mornings if you want to meet up.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-12-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
I will not be up Saturday morning, might be going up sat night for Sunday but I'm not sure yet.

I will definitely be there the entire weekend of the 23rd
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-12-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Give me a shout if you are coming up, we will be riding Sunday for sure. We will be up the weekend of the 23rd as well and bringing the boat home for wakefest
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
Gavin, how did you make out in Tenn? Sounds like you're all in one piece!

KG, took the boat out last night with Justin, Michele and JB........it ran great!
Checked with Lisa about ECM updates, she said there were none but there is an updated chip for the Perfect Pass. Called PP and they're sending me a new chip N/C! Gotta love those people at PP!

BTW, JB was absolutely killing it out there last night on some nice Delaware butter! I think we all rode better because of the great conditions.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
JB was tearing it up, practicing his pass for the comp tomorrow in Wisconsin. Good luck JB! He even threw a hoochie glide (my abs. favorite trick) with unwaivering smoothness.

Dave, thanks for the pulls! I just love the Monday night rides!

Here's JB doing a raley, sorry for the quality. We all amazingly did not bring a camera, all I had was my cell.

http://http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/newmanium/?action=view&current=0611071925b.flv
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/newmanium/?action=view&current=0611071925b.flv

18 more days!!! Zuk, you're really slacking this year on the countdown...
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, and Michele was also going w2w as well.. She was tearing it up! There's something about those Monday night rides...
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-13-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
Dave W, got back home 6:30 Monday morning, I was looking for you on 95 and 31 thinking I might pass you, but I was 1/2 asleep after a 13 hour drive. We did well, took second and the rig is mostly in one piece which is good. Moved us up well in the series points which is good going into the series finals next month, winning the series will be tough but we are positioned to have a solid shot at the top 3.
Old     (wakegirl0919)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Hi All,
I need to buy a women's life jacket. Do any of you know of a boardshop close to Central/Northern NJ and NYC?
And are you going to sell some gear at Wakefest?
Thanks.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Sue,
Give Craig at SOS a call; he has a good selection and pricing. 800 442-6754
He will even mail it to you. Let him know that your were hanging with Alex and Dave over the weekend and that's where you got his number. He is located in Point Plesant, NJ, Exit 98 off the parkway(IIRC).

http://www.soswakeboard.com/flash.html
Old     (wakegirl0919)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
Thanks, Kevin. I'll def give him a call.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   
Craig's the man, he'll hook you up :-)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Good News! Chris for Wakeboard & Ski boats
of PA had the fuel pump delivered to my
doorstep Tuesday as promised. I was able to
get it replaced today after work, so needless
to say we are back up, running and ready to
head out this Saturday.

Many thanks to all of you who pulled
together, offered assistance, and made room
for us on your boats thus salvaging our day on the river. A special THANK YOU! to Pops & Ma
Lef for taking Louie and treating him as one
of your own, you guys are the Best….
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
JB, Doubles it is....
I'll let ya raley over me if I get to Ski ski over you

BTW, I couldn't get the vid justin', probably operator error on my part.....bustin' them ball$ for ya JB. Woo hoo

Justin my man... whats up player?? Yes I'm doing the count down secretly this year, Been busy drinkin' and watching re-runs of UFC.

I've got tomorrow off, burning up that Patriot's Day floater holiday (April 19th)before I lose it, as well as Friday (Summer Schedule)! Needless to say, I'll get some sun, celebrate Flag Day, do some skiing and drink some Guinness all weekend long... My life sucks for the next 4 days, what can I do??

NJ Skiers, 16 more days until we floss the streets of your state. What are we doing on Friday Afternoon to late or not so late evening??
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
Sue, I was just down at sos. They have a pretty good selection right now. The vest wall seemed pretty well stocked. Not sure how many womens they have, but I'm sure its good. I'd recommend trying it on though as opposed to having it shipped. I've tried different brand "larges" and a few didnt fit right whereas some fit perfect.

Jim, sorry I missed your call bro. The time sounds good to me for Friday. I'll give you a buzz tomorrow. Dont want to call too late :-)
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
So who's going out this weekend? Anyone need a third? Or some extra weight on the boat?
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
im with kelly on that one, if anyone can haul one more
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
johan and kelly lee I'm going out of Bordentown on Sunday and will have room if you 2 want in.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Kelly, Sue, Johan,

I'll be going out saturday morning around 9am. Pulls available! (I believe Eustace & crew will be out then too.)

Low tide is around 11:30, so I want to get launched before that.

Who's in?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Is it me, or are the Jersey riders more active than ever these days!?!?! Man, that scene last weekend was something that just didn't happen in these parts a few seasons ago.

And one key factor is the combination of quality riding conditions and a wicked Jersey fleet of towboats. X-Stars, Maristars, Super Airs, X-2's, the phat new Tige- All first class wakeboarding boats. We're still two weeks away from Wakefest and we've already done what we set out to do years ago- set up a legit community of riders all wakeboarding together. I say a cheers is in order!

Thanks to Alex, Dave, Brian, Woody , Rick and my buddy Tim from Gylde for all the pulls I've gotten this year and in year's past. It has been amazing watching this whole scene grow and we're all at the ground level, creating the foundation for shredding in the Garden State!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
And further props go out to Kevin, Michele, Justin, Doreen, Connor, Theresa, Anette, Anthony, Charles, Doug, Gavin, kelly Lee, Jeff Zukowski, Cole and everyone else who, like me, is providing a lot of energy and stoke driving our scene to prominence!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
JB hit the nail on the head. I came on to the scene 2 years ago and could barely stand up on a board. I remember like it was yesterday meeting Alex,Doreen,Michele,Justin and KG for the first time down at Turtle Cove and how they talked about one day having a big wake event and even just more great people to get together with on the water every weekend.Fast forward 2 years, I'm still barely standing upright on a board but the whole wakeboard scene is blossoming quite well. In the 2 years since I have met some great people that I would have never had a chance to meet had I not bought a wakeboard. And I have had some great days on the water since. Hats off to the whole Jersey and Philly riders for being who you are and doing what you all love to do.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
I'm not a Philly rider Jim, but love ya anyway...

JB, Sky ski, not ski ski
Wisconsin??, I'm too old for that Shiznit!

Oh... is the time running short!!
When traveling to NJ this year, I want a set with DW, D & AK, JB, M & JN, E, KG and JIMMY B to all fill one boat and ride...Ain't happening but just a wish

See ya'll soon. --JZ

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 14, 2007)

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 14, 2007)
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 12:45 AM Reply   
dave im in just need to no were to go? if its not to late to get that pull still, call me at 916-367-9325
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 12:45 AM Reply   
jim you can count me in for sunday also!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 3:40 AM Reply   
johan consider yourself in. The place to go is in the directions from last week that I posted for Chris on June 8th. I will call you with the time on Saturday