Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-16-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Wake the World is a group of boat owners that provide watersports opputunities to residents of local Children's Homes. This started in NC a few summers ago. We are very excited about our friend (Ryan Caroll) in Texas picking up the program.

This program is extremely rewarding for all that are involved. If you are interested in starting something up in your state, please let me know.

http://www.waketheworldnc.com
http://www.waketheworldtx.com
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-16-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
That is Awesome!

I have been wanting to get involved with something like this for a long time. I just didn't know how to go about doing it. I'm in the Dallas area and would love to provide my boat to help out.!
Old     (texasmoombav)      Join Date: May 2009       03-16-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
That's a really cool idea. I would be interested in helping out also. I am located in the dallas area.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-17-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
I know that Ryan would be excited to hear from both of you.

The impact that you can make in these kids lives is incredible. The impact they make on you is life changing. Most of the kids have never been on a boat much less being towed in the water.
Old    aXtion            03-17-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
This is sort of similar to the NPO I am starting. I sent you a PM.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-17-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Where and when will this take place in Texas?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-28-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
Does anyone from the area have any good tips on places to stay ? Hotels and such. Or can we just camp there at the Park?
Old     (ryancaroll)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr82 View Post
Does anyone from the area have any good tips on places to stay ? Hotels and such. Or can we just camp there at the Park?
Hey Bret, This is a Air Force Park, so "officially" you have to be active or retired military to reserve a cabin or camping spot. I am going to see they can make some exceptions for the event. If not there are several campgrounds close by but not too many hotel options. I will send you an email with some options.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-28-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Our local Fox station is airing a piece on Wake N Flake / Wake the World Monday night at 5:45. I will post a link after it airs.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-29-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
Thanks, Ryan.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-29-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Due to several tornadoes in the area last night, Fox 8 will not be running our story tonight. Maybe next Monday.