Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-21-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
Just wanted to see if anyone with a pair of these could show some up close pics or explain how they lace up. In the video Rusty has on youtube it looks like the laces are tied together and are wrapped around the whole boot. Any info on these would be appreciated.

(Message edited by mtownrydr on March 21, 2009)
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-22-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
Anyone??
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
I was really curious about them too, just from a tech and "how it works" bases and finaly got my hands on one at a boat show. this is going off MY ONE TIME SEEING THEM, so i am not an expert and someone can filol in if i am wrong or to add more/clear info.

There are two lacing zones like every boot, but there are two unique traits on these.

1. they lace on the side (obvious part)
2. you pull a SINGLE strand of lace instead of two for each section... the very end of the lace is tied to the first lace loop and then it crosses back and forth through each successive lace loop. but though i say "single strand" don't think that you are grabbing this strand directly with your hand and getting a rope burn or anything like that... maybe this really simple quick crude pic will help?

Upload

(top pic is the marek style lacing and the bottom is your traditional shoe-like lacing
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
i talked (emailed) the guy who won the trip w rusty. he said his came tied wrong from the factory. he had to untie it or something. btw - he said best boots ever.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-23-2009, 7:17 PM Reply   
little dissapointed with them myself. It's a lacing system that burton abandoned a couple of years ago
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-24-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
actually isnt it similar it the Liquid force Team bindings of 2005?
Old    K.B.C.            03-25-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
if it's the dual zone, speed lace system then Burton still uses it. It's actually on the majority of their boots.
Old     (matteoh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-25-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
Yeah I was going to say, burton still uses that lace system but it's not a single lace. They seem like one of the best boots in the line up for 09. I want them for sure.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       03-27-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
I'm not too fond of them. One of the problems was that I rode them a 1/2 size too big, so that didn't help. Other than that I think they look hideous. But then again, that's just personal and doesn't affect riding.
However, getting in and out of them is a pain. And I think that if I'd had them in my size, I'd still have too much space at the heels. My buddy got them in the right size for him, and that is a problem he has with them.
Then the facts that they come with the same cheap bolts (of which the logo-stickerthingy falls off sooner or later. Rather sooner than later) and that they don't have a degree-bow (is that an english word?) I think are not very impressive. For that money they should be goldplated and have the degrees handcarved in them. Oh yeah, there's a flappy thing in the boot somewhere that just isn't as comfortable as it should be, somehow. We also had to re-do some of the lacing after we got them. Might be a first-series issue though, I don't know.
Anywayyyyy, here's the pic. Hope it helps. Upload
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-27-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Yea thanks...I def think I would roll with the audio's.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-27-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
Once broken in (took me only 2 rides in 50-60 degree water) the laces are quite a bit easier to use and getting in/out is way easier. I love my Mareks. They are super stiff and supportive.

As far as the degree band I really don't see any need for it. You can pretty much tell right away by looking at them if they are set where you want. Maybe I have just been around for too long to worry about something so small