Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Part 1 of a 2 part series...

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8407

Enjoy!
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-07-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
That was some great riding by all. Jimmy was ripping, and I finally got to see Cory throw a 360. Great job everyone, see ya soon, like Saturday.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
That was a great video. I now feel like a trip to the Delta is a must.
Old    wakelvr            08-07-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
Nice job on the video Christie! VERY nice riding everyone... Jimmy, you rip!!! and.... I thought someone mentioned that Tom was new to the sport??? What the?????

it's just not fair....
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
That was so much fun to watch! That opening shot is classic, and you know I'm loving the soundtrack! Thanks for posting that, Christie, your production work definitely is the majic sh*t!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
tom has some xcelent form for a newbie. Picture perfect
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
Thanks, everyone.

Andrew - I agree...Tom looks really comfortable out there. From what I understand, he has only been on a board a few times.

Jimmy - Glad you enjoyed the vid...the DVD version will come out soon.

Here is part 2 - this section is mostly crashes!!!

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8419
Old    husband's name Day            08-08-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
so, Christie, do tell....did you ever stick the butterslide 360 on that skate!!! You were soooo close a few times. I've never ridden a skate before and I was really considering demoing one... you took a lot of beating on that skate...was it as bad as it looks?
Old    tammy            08-08-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
Christie, Nice way to remember an awesome day on the water, thanks for taking the time to make the video's and taking us all out.

Stef, About Tom, try being in the boat as Cory is saying let him out another 5 feet, over and over. Next time I'm riding with you guys. But really, Awesome job Tom can't wait till the next time.

Jimmy, a couple of those crashes, where right up there with Christie and Tom. You are an awesome rider! When do I get a lesson?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
The crash footage, I love it!!! I might even like that vid better that Part 1, well... maybe not... but it's a tough call. Thanks you all, I'm down for riding most any time, just let me know. Would love to get more days like that one. Couldn't have asked for a better day in terms of friends, boat, driver, camera person, and I was stoked you let me try out your Double Up deck, I'm thinking maybe I should consider making that a permanent change.
So much thanks, again, to Christie, Tammy, Cory, and to the rest of the Delta crew. I'm glad to be in NorCal!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Shanda - no, I didn't stick the 360 on the skate - YET. One of them was really close though thanks to some good advice from Doctor Octagon (Jimmy). Most of the skate crashes don't hurt unless you get hit with the board. I currently have a bruise the size of arizona on my leg from last weekend...haha.

Tammy - thanks for filming while I was driving. We will have to watch the DVD version some time this weekend....

Jimmy - You are welcome in my crew anytime. It was a pleasure having you on the boat and I appreciate the advice on those 360 attempts. Next time, you will have to bring Katie so I can meet her!
Old    deltahoosier            08-08-2003, 9:13 AM Reply   
Welcome Doctor,

Christie, Tammy and Cory are great to go out with and hang out with. You sure started in the right place. Welcome to NorCal and hope to get to hang with you soon.

Rod
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2003, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks, Rod,
I couldn't agree with you more - what a great group of new friends, and growing all the time! I feel very fortunate to be meeting such awesome people, and I especially thank Tammy, who was the first to extend a welcome to this stranger from out of town! Before I moved out here, I thought the Delta mostly just defined a style of riding, but now I see what it's REALLY all about! Hope to see you out there soon.
Peace
Old    wakelvr            08-08-2003, 11:49 PM Reply   
AWESOME!!! Finally I got the chance to watch the whole video. Man, this really makes me look like a whimp. I'm going to have to push harder! Great job on the video Christie as always! Great crashing everyone!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-10-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
Christie, what editing program do you use? I am using Pinnacle, and it is killing me at this point. I want to get something new. For those out there interested in video software AVOID PINNACLE STUDIO 8. It is so riddled with bugs and system problems it is pretty much useless.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2003, 10:29 AM Reply   
Andrew, I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5. It's a pretty powerful software and I haven't even figured out all of the features yet. It isn't as user-friendly as some of the other packages out there, but it's very stable.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-11-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
Thanks a bunch. I have heard it can get pretty complicated, but I am going to give it a try this week. I have access to the program for free from a friend. I hear that the Vega Video from Sonic Foundry is an incredible program to use. Very stable and easy to use. It gets the highest user ratings on cnet. Problem is that I don't want to shell out the bucks for it. I paid good money for my Pinnacle and am still just mad as heck because it is such a horrible program. Should of done my research before buying. DOH
Old    tammy            08-12-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
No Thank you Jimmy. You and Katie have been an awesome add to the crew.

Hahaha, about what the delta is all about. Lately its been all about power turns and wind. We will find you good water one of these times.
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Okay Tom's only been on a board a few times and he's landing in the flats & sliding? Geeze
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2003, 6:47 PM Reply   
Well, yeah... the power turners, they've got their own style - and have been out in full force... And speaking of water... what color exactly would you call that stuff?
Sorry, I AM JUST KIDDING! No matter what you say, it's still way calmer than a weekend in Arizona, or Atlanta for that matter. And it always beats a day at work.
It's all good on the D'!!