Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
if anyone from texas is here, where do you ride, and where do u go to competitions at
??
Old    chase_krupa            07-21-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
I'm from Texas, but I don't think we'll be riding at the same places... Sorry.

-Blake
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-21-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
texas, and I ride where there is no people.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-21-2005, 8:12 PM Reply   
check out www.gulfcoastwakeboarding.com (Houston area) or www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Old    propayne            07-21-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
San angelo man. and there is a competition tokmorrow..WAKE THE DESERT
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2005, 5:50 AM Reply   
Austin has a pretty good size wakeboard scene. try 360wakeboard.com

Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 11:26 PM Reply   
I'm from Austin, I ride lake Travis. Good water is hard to find. I'll recommend checking the lake out, but you can find your own water. Lake Austin ain't bad either but it's colder and rather narrow -- it can get rather crowded on the weekends. I've ridden both lakes, they're both great, I just happen to have a boat/house on Travis so it's where I usually ride. Any other ATX riders here?
Old    bigwake5            07-25-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
im from dallas but ride on cedar creek anyone board there?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
live in tyler, east of dallas 2 hrs. i ride either lake tyler or palestine. or some private lakes.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
never ridden cedar creek. its good for camping i've heard. How is it?
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-25-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hayden, I grew up on that lake, its alot of fun, but NO good for riding, I'm still out there alot in the summer though (not this summer, but most) because my girlfriend went out to my place before we sold it, and told her parents how much fun it was so they bought a place...

Nacho, Cedar Creek is an ocean, it wasn't in the past, but it has been fast becoming the rich man's escape from Dallas...and let us not forget the rich man's kids who all have their own Sea Doo's and don't know any of the rules of the water. And I have never seen a camp site on the lake...
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-25-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Padre Island! Gotta respect the salt.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
sweet. thanks for saving me the trip!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-25-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
Nacho...re-reading my post I realized how bad I made it sound for the wakeboarder...yeah, thats about right. Unless you're on the water at sunup its not worth it. I learned how to ride on that lake and I had never ridden anywhere else until my family sold our house out there. Now I know what real butta is.

(Message edited by agfan12 on July 25, 2005)
Old    bigwake5            07-25-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
yeah cedar creek can become pretty crowded but there are some "secret" areas the rich kids dont know about and there big yahts cant get to but yeah it does get crazy somtimes on the weekends not bad if you go out in the morning and afternoon though when all the people are eating or people are getting there beuty rest so cedar creek isnt the best lake but if you know where to goo it can get pretty good somtimes
Old    bigwake5            07-25-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
also i havnt seen any camp sites either
Old    bigwake5            07-25-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Daniel

do you know any other good lakes within 30 minutes of cedar creek my grand parents have the house at cedar creek so i dont get to go to any other lakes very often im curious if there are an decent boarding lakes around so maybe i could test them out