Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-07-2010, 7:41 PM Reply   
We have a 00 VLX and sacked it for surfing.. Every now and then I would heard the engine rev slightly then catch.. No major slippage or anything but it concerned me.. Trans fluid is full and smells normal..

Anyone experience this while surfing?

Thanks
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-07-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
It's very unlikely that you are getting cavitation. If you did you would also get a vibration.
With a new boat it's also unlikely you have transmission slippage. If it did your temps would go up and it would get worse over time.

If you are running on a speed control the rev changes are most likely caused by that. At slow speeds they sometimes make some big changes, especially if you are going over some rollers.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-07-2010, 9:38 PM Reply   
I had a similar problem and it was the prop I changed to an acme 1579 and problem solved
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2010, 12:04 AM Reply   
It's most likely that your prop is turned and the thrust from the prop on the rudder is causing vibration in the steering wheel. Try making sure your prop is as straight as possible and see if it fixes the problem.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-08-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
mine was caused by prop cavitation felt like the trans was slipping and not a vibration.when under propped the prop will cavatate and boil the water passing the prop causing air to build up props need water to push air does not work very well like I said above I called acme told them my altitude amount of ballast and they told me which prop I needed took their advice and problem solved
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Oops I meant rudder turned.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
This was happening on a buddies boat. He, as Harold, had to change his prop which mostly helped. It still occurs some but much less frequently.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-08-2010, 6:22 PM Reply   
I have the same problem when the weight is uneven in the boat and it is leaning on one side.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-11-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
I have the "cavitaion" happen about once a day when I am out surfing and loaded heavy (2002 SAN) I have not seen any pitting on my prop, and have assumed it was cavitation and not a trans slippage. I would figure that it would be much more frequent if it was the transmission.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-12-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
I got a brand new prop with some vibration, I had them re-balance it. They shaved a TINY bit of brass from one blade and it worked wonders on the vibration. Doesn't quite sound like your problem, but my point is that the prop is very sensitive...