Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                10-27-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
my bro and i need a water housing for our camcorder and we dont know which to buy. we were thinking the epic cam but somone told me it doesnt have zoom and it is hard to use. i want it for wake boarding and my bro wants it for surfing and we arent looking to spend stupid amounts of money can anyone sugest anything or give me a better report on the epic cam.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-27-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
http://www.dpcfilms.com/HowTo/articles/UnderwaterHousings/index.asp
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-27-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
Ewa bags are ok. It worked pretty well all summer until now because its getting colder. The water is soo cold that it fogs the lense like crazy, but besides that it was all right.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-28-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Combination of RainX Anti-Fog and one of these Desiccant packs should do the trick

Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-28-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
We had like 6 of those silicon gel packs and it still fogged up.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-28-2005, 7:02 PM Reply   
The small ones that you find in a shoe box will not work because you have no idea if they are saturated or not..

The Desiccant pack is rechargeable so you know it's status, plus it has 20x more silica that 6 small packs..

checkthefirckenlink
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-02-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
I have the Epic and the EWA bag style and the bag is much easier. The Epic is more difficult in the water and you can't get to the zoom or other controls. I have even busted my head open when the boat driver forgot to take it easy on the double up.... The bag is light, simple and I have had no problems with leaks or mositure. They are about the same cost. The bag is better for taking underwater too. The Epic is almost impossible to weight enough to keep it under the surface.