Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-10-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
I've been recently tailwalking my ski badly. To correct this I've moved my bindings forward to get more of the ski in the water. It feels much better, but I want to get even more in the water and get off the tail. What is the fin adjustment for this? Is it moving the fin down in front? I'm on a 2002 67 CDX with double Venoms. Obviously I know to make very small adjustments, just need to know which way to go with the fin.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-10-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
Yeah, if anyone has experience with this, I'd like to see a list of adjustments and what they are designed to do. Forward, back, up, down, etc.
Old                06-10-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
To many unknowns to answer your question. How much do you weigh? At what speed do you ski. Are you right or left foot forward. Mostly when this happens you are not bending you knees. Go to about.com, select waterskiing slalom, type fin in the search box. there will be much help there. Also the water should break at you bindings.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-10-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
Actually, when you move your bindings back on the ski it is easier to get more of the ski in the water. Something about leverage on the fulcrum point which is more at the tail of your ski, blah, blah, blah physics. I'll let you know about fin adjustments tonight when I can consult my handy KD manual.
Old                06-12-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
I have a few articles on fin adjustments if folks need them.

One is in great common terms. Back and deep = longer ski, more grip. Such like that.