Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    h2oslider            03-09-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
I was wondering what size everyone is using for the tee off of their raw water intake to fill their ballast. I currently have a barbbed 1 and 1/4 in with a threaded tee to 1/2 inch. What sizes are you guys using that have a similar system?

And also would I be wrong in using a 2000 gph pump off the water intake or would it be better to use the 1100 gph so I don't "starve" the engine?

Thanks,

Paul Pearce
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
Paul,

I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 1 inch Id. If you want your flow rate to stay at the pumps capacity you need to keep as much volume coming to it as possible.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-10-2003, 6:59 AM Reply   
I was told to never go anything less than 3/4" hose therefore nothing less than 3/4" connections.
Old    h2oslider            03-10-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, but what about the pumps? Should I use the 1100 or the 2000?

Thanks, Paul
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
Paul,

Ty is correct. I went from my 1 1/4 t'd off into a 1" and t'd that off to 3/4 for my pumps. If you want to make your life a whole lot easier, I would go with the Simer BW85 reversable pumps, they don't cost much more than the pumps your planning on using.

When I used aerator pumps, my 1100 was just as fast as my 2000.
Old    h2oslider            03-10-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice cliff, but I already have the pumps, actually I've had them for a while and being a broke college kid I think I'll be sticking with the stuff I already have so I can do this without brakeing the bank.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot where did you guys find the tees that you used? I went to home depot and west amrine but they din't have the right sizes.

Thanks,

Paul
Old    h2oslider            03-10-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice cliff, but I already have the pumps, actually I've had them for a while and being a broke college kid I think I'll be sticking with the stuff I already have so I can do this without brakeing the bank.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot where did you guys find the tees that you used? I went to home depot and west marine but they din't have the right sizes.

Thanks,

Paul
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-10-2003, 12:00 PM Reply   
There is a local shop here that carries it as there are many hard to find sizes. look up banjo fittings on the net and you will find them.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-10-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
i would think a 2000gph pump would try to starve your engine at idle but maybe not at speed?? Watch your temp gauge for sure the first couple times you run it