Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (themann39)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-15-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Has anyone had trouble with the factions ripping. Ive only been riding these for about a month and the back of my right binding just ripped apart. Im going to be taking them back to the shop next week I just wanted to know if anyone else had a pair that did this.Upload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-15-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Thats pretty weird they ripped at that spot. There isn't much torque on the boot right there, I wonder why that happened. The CWB Hinge boots have been exceptionally durable since their release, you may have just got a lemon. Fret not CWB's warranty and service is top notch.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-15-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
No problems on mine in that spot. But I did break the hinge off in the back. CWB did fix them though good as new.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-15-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   

quote:

you may have just got a lemon.

I've dealt with around a dozen Factions that broke in this exact same way. Maybe there's just something in the water up here?

Good news is that CWB will take care of ya and the 08s are designed differently, and for the better.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-16-2007, 3:41 AM Reply   
How long is the warranty good for on something like that?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-16-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Mine broke the same exact way. I have mine still, but couldn't find the reciept. I could remember where I bought them from. It was a site off of wakeworld...

Should I call CWB or am I out of luck.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-16-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
http://ridecwb.com/2007/index.php?mod=rider_support&id_pag=2

Call CWB, you are not out of luck. Two years is a long warranty.
Old     (themann39)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-16-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. Ill be taking these back to the shop on monday. If they cant do anything i will be call CWB.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-16-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
If you don't mind replacing the ripped out heel piece yourself, CWB will probably mail you some replacements. They mailed me a replacement heel piece for my 06 Zeuses.