Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-30-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Anything new with Epic boats lately? Not much has been said recently..
I was curious what the new tower looks like..
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-30-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
they have a big ad in the new wakeboarding mag and it shows a new tower, so i went to their site and it's still the same old stuff from last year
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-30-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
If anyone is going to the anaheim boat show, from what I hear you will see the new production model with the new tower. But maybe Adam or Chris can clear everything up on here
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-30-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Epic Boats is pulling the first A.W.A tourny this weekend at Lake Pleasent in AZ, Ill be there and let you guys know what I find out.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
It has been a slow roll into production, but we are finally pulling all the pieces together and pushing boats through the pipe. We won't be at full tilt production util sometime in June but we are getting some promo boats out and a couple to our first dealers to take people out and show them what the 23v is like on the water. Everything has come together nicely and I think most will be very pleased with our boats. Performance, maintanability, and ease of use make the 23v a great ride. And with all the new tech stuff we have packed in our standard boats the low price comparatively will surprise most people. I'll be at the Anaheim boat show and Adam will be in AZ to support the AWA event. Both will be a great time and a good place to see our new 23v C-ya there :-)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-30-2006, 11:21 PM Reply   
I am wondering why your first boat is 23'?

Aren't 21' boats more mainstream?

I know that that is all that I am interested in.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
Chris, I'm sure you've answered this before but is a 21 ft boat on the horizon?
I didn't get a copy of WB magazine, I guess my subscription ran out, can you post a pic of the new tower?
Thanks
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
I would say the trend is towards bigger boats, even though I feel the same as Dane.

Furthermore, I believe the trend is towards 23' boats that make wakes as easily and efficiently as 21' boats.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-31-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
If I remember correctly Epic said that there next boat would be a 20 or 21. I have no need for a 23 either.
Old    bocephus            03-31-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
One is listed for sale here in AZ on the front of the Boat Trader with a local number...
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-31-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Do you have a link? The front page changes. I am guessing that it is a Toyota Epic not a Epic 23v.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-31-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
I got some good pics of the wake. Anyone want to see them?

Jon is correct the next Epic will be a 21'
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-31-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
I do. post them or send them to me pleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-31-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
Yeah for sure Bug, let's see the pics.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-31-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
I would rather have a 21ft with 2500lbs of stock ballast, then a 23ft with 4000lbs of stock ballast.
Old    bocephus            03-31-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
All I can say is that they should come with some Unical, Texaco or some type of other oil company stock. 23', 4000#'s of ballast and an 8.1, you are going to need something to offset your fuel costs...
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-01-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
I hit the water with 4 (70%), 5 (20%) or 6 (9%) people on the boat. So, I really see NO need to pay for pushing a bigger boat around.

More gas. Harder to sink. Harder to tow. Harder to turn. Harder to store in a garage. Its a total negative for me.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-01-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
I agree GD. I see no reason why you need a 23ft boat to wakeboard behind. My next boat is also going to be a 20~ft boat. Hopefully a v-drive.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-02-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
I was at the AWA tourney and will post up a few pics after I resize them
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-02-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
Mattato, looking forward to the pics.....
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-02-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
I feel everyone's need for a smaller boat and know that our 21'(coming out later this season) will be a hot seller and great for small lakes and people who want save even more gas when towing (over our already super light 23' at 3000lbs). And dam AntBug, post some pics already...You BIG tease :-)
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-03-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
mattato...

Any pics yet?
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-03-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Chris,

whats up canadian. Dont forget a homey in sd.
New ad looks good, last one was hurting. Cheers pal
Todd
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-03-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
Had to instal a radiator so it took me a while longer to post but here are the pics. Uploading these I noticed I really need to take the time to cut more out. But oh well have at em.

www.azadrenalinezone.com/awa
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2006, 12:03 AM Reply   
Somebody has one for sale...

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/0/83124420.htm
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2006, 12:05 AM Reply   
There's a good wake pic in that ad too...
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-04-2006, 12:55 AM Reply   
Can anyone post more pics. In ireland here and would love to see how it looks.
Rob
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-04-2006, 4:47 AM Reply   
Wow glad to see that they are using my pictures to sell thier boat. I feel a little violated and dirty now.

The rider looks like Jimmy Wolf out here at Bartlett, but I could be wrong.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-04-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Mattato-

I'm pretty sure those are not your pics. The rider is Reed Watson. If you look at www.epicboats.com they have the same pic under the rider section.

On another note... thanks for posting your pics you did a good job shooting. Were you in the boat for the outlaw division and nothing else? What divisions did they use the epic for?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-04-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
that's a BIG, steep wake. i'm impressed
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
We actually used the Session for the Outlaw division. Don't ask, it's a sore subject. The Epic pulled the Women's, Advanced, and Novice divisions. I rode behind it in the women's division. I was surprised by how high I got launched by the wake. I wasn't being aggressive TS (fear from an injury) and I was still getting mad air. A couple of our Outlaw riders rode it yesterday. I heard only great things from one of them about the wake.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-04-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Thats weird I thought the Epic would be pulling the outlaw for sure, especially since that Session only has the 3 tank ballast. Was there any extra ballast in it?
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
Cody,

The Epic was supposed to pull the Outlaw division. There wasn't any extra ballast in the Session, except for some bodies. I could go into a big long story about what happened and everything, but I would just get pissed off again. Like I said, it's a sore subject for me.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-04-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
I thought the boat had a new tower design...
That looks like the same one it's always had..

SURE WOULD BE COOL TO SEE SOME PICS OF THE NEW TOWER!! HINT HINT!!!!!!!
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-04-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
Chris,

Sorry to bring it back up then. Its too bad there was no extra ballast because the Session really throws an awesome wake when you get about 1200-1500 lbs plus a couple of bodies. Owell.

Tom,
I don't think they have really released any pics of the new tower design. I think they are kind of introducing it this weekend at the Anaheim Boat show, and I'll be sure to take lots of pics. There is a pic in the new wakeboarding mag, but it is really hard to get detail because it is supposed to hold you suspense I think.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-04-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
I was only in the boat for the outlaw. I know I should have gotten in the boat for some of the other divisions but wanted some shots of rider and boat together.

(Message edited by MattyBoyR6 on April 04, 2006)
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2006, 11:39 PM Reply   
Sweet pics Mattato. We owe you big for such nice shots. I wish I was there for the event but I have my head buried in the details of bring this boat to full production in just a couple more weeks here. This boat was real "raw" and was juuuussssstttt finished in time to rush it down to the event. I am just stoked to be able to support the AWA event and get such a positive response from people who got to ride behind her and all. Also, did anyone notice the camera on the tower? I can't wait to see some video from it :-) And the black boat looks awesome with that dark interior, maybe a bit HOT in the AZ sun but it sure does look nice from a distance :-)
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-05-2006, 5:17 AM Reply   
The tower mount cam was one of the first things I noticed. I also noticed it was hooked up to a 5or 6in monitor as the rear view mirror. Someone else out there had a video camera on the boat. Hopefully he will put somethign together as well.

I still need to get behind this boat. Should have entered the comp but the didnt have a Crappy division.

Chris your welcome for the pics. Just think of me when its time to update your ad.
Old    surfdad            04-05-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Has anyone surfed behind the Epic, as yet? Would love to see pictures of the wake with the boat weighted for surfing and moving at 10 +/- mph.

Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
:-)
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-05-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Wow that looks very tall! Hard to tell how long it is from that angle. Is that with or without a swin step? Almost looks too clean to have a swimstep there. Looks like a lot of fun cant wait to get a ride behind one

-Steve
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
Thats with the swim step. We had to change the dam thing 3 times to get er just right for the surf but it works well. And with the standard defused exhaust or the upgraded side exhaust you never have to worry about co2 in your face :-)
Old     (wakedood)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Awesome. I don't wakesurf, but that shot makes me want ta give it a try...
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-05-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
So the side exhaust is an option? I thought it was standard
Old    surfdad            04-05-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
That's a not a bad looking wake, a bit steep and it looks like the pocket is pretty tight, but that can be fiddled with a bit of bow weight, or maybe just a bit less weight overall and some speed adjustment. That's on the starboard side too, is the port side is better?

We get this wake with 1300 pounds of ballast, custom sac, pumps all over the place, and it looks like the Epic can give a decent wake and STILL leave storage. Very nice.

Dennis, if you're reading this, we need to get that demo ride with the new Rancho Dealer before month end, ok buddy?

Upload
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-06-2006, 12:08 AM Reply   
Chris, I have a feeling that you can do a lot better than that wake surf marketing shot! We have the rub rail of my BU in the water here!

wake_surf
Old    surfdad            04-06-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Nice wake GD, I didn't want to see a tweaked version of the wake. Currently even the "king" of wakesurfing platforms, the Enzo requires that you remove the hard tank, remove the divider, purchase a custom Fat Sac and to get a decent fill time, toss a Tsunami pump over the side along with the factory pump. On my Tige 23V I lose all of the storage on the port side (which means boards strewn all over the place) when I fill the sac, plus it requires a custom sac and a custom after-market pump. Both of those boats do not produce much of a surf wake without extensive modification or extra ballast...even your BU no doubt has a ton of extra ballast.

The Pic's of the Epic are what's capable from the factory! It would appear to be a great platform to start with. Keeping in mind that it would appear it's got a bit too much rear bias in it's standard factory configuration for wakesurfing. It looks very promising.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 10:33 PM Reply   
Sorry to be short but I'll fill it in quick(I'm at a the LA boat show now :-) The side exhast is great but too loud(and burrly) for some. The defused exhaust is out the bottom of the boat and does well at removing co2 and such. The side exhaust is a $750 add on. The surf looks great to me(but I have only surfed a few time... I've been too dam busy building these thing to really enjoy and test them. I know it can be weighted a lot better but we haven't had the time to really test it out. Those pics were the first day we ever surfed in it and a friend just had a camera. To me it seems the surf will be really aggresive(just because of the style of hull I created). From the preliminary test I think is will go from really aggressive to some what tame with little adjustability to the medium :-( Maybe I am wrong and we just need to learn how to weight it...The freeboard is HUGE on this boat though. If we sunk it to the rail that would be one hell of a WAVE :-)

Sorry to be short...back to work :-)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-06-2006, 11:35 PM Reply   
Chris, I am sure your surf wake can be made huge. Ever thought about left/right trim tabs to boost the surf wake (among other things)? I have thought about bolting tabs on my BU for this purpose (although I really on need one side).
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-07-2006, 12:16 AM Reply   
until the tower gets changed and some legit pics get posted i think this boat is doomed like the others. also the fact of going from 40k to almost 60k is not helping
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-07-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
Pulling an AWA tournament with a boat fresh off the assembly line seems legit to me. Titan tower and all.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-07-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Chris, Could we get a picture of the new tower from the boat show?
this is the last time I'm going to ask...
Old     (theoneandonly)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-10-2006, 4:01 AM Reply   
there is a pic of one with the new tower in the new issue of wbm i went to the anaheim show seems like a sweet boat hope the company does great.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
New tower in the Wakeboarding Mag reminds me of the ones put on the MB's...very BOSS accessories styled. Very cool.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
I posted pics in another thread in the boat and accessories area if anyone is interested!