Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
I heard that Texas Tech University has a wakeboarding team. Is this true? if so how good do u have to be to get on the team.
Old     (bruunstar)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-25-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
I met a guy in south padre last week who was on the team, but I can't remember his name. From what he said its a ski team that also has wakeboarders.
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-25-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
Where do they ride??? Lake Alan Henry. I've been there three times and never even seen another wakeboarder. I didn't think anyone in West Texas wakeboarded. If you find anything out let me know. Maybe we could hook up and ride sometime. My boat partner is from Portales NM so we ride in the spring and early summer at (Alan Henry- tx, conchas - nm, sumner lake - nm, and ute lake- nm. We don't see many other wakeboarders except at Cochas.
Old    warlock00            03-25-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
There lots of wakeboarding going on in west Texas(San Angelo), your just a little north of it, but it is around.

How is sumner lake? We pass by twice a year on our way to the mountains, and thought it might be a good place to go camping sometime.
Old    warlock00            03-25-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
btw nice quote Erik.
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-25-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
Sumner Lake. The water level fluctuates a lot, but its great for Spring riding because it's shallow and warms up fast, no one else is there so no rollers, and the run by the dam stays smooth even when the wind is blowing good. We are going there this weekend. In the spring we just tie up to the courtoesy dock at the boat ramp at night and camp on a hill overlooking it. The lack of activity also gives you some freedom to do dock starts, olie no wake bouyes, etc. If you camp beware of the racoons. They thrive in that camp ground and will get into all your stuff.
Old    warlock00            03-25-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
thanks for the info...we may have to check that out.