Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-20-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
I'm with the Texas A&M wakeboard club, and we're wanting to buy a fairly cheap combo to keep on our boat for those who want to ride but don't have their own gear yet. So I'm trying to find a set of bindings to throw on this thing that will fit the greatest range of feet sizes. Preferably open toe, and preferably from a closeout site or something that can be found on ebay. What would you guys recommend?
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hyperlite focus boots are pretty good. They have a floating tongue that fits a wide variety of feet. Also, they aren't some garbage boot. They are supportive and stylish at an affordable price.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-21-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
The truth is that that's no binding out there that will fit everyone well, but some can accommodate more sizes better than others. Here are some that I've tried that seem a little better than most: Ronix Divide (7-10.5), Ronix District (7-10.5), Liquid Force Transits (8-10), and Hyperlite Remix (Std).
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
I would say take a look at CWB Torque boots - hinge tech makes it easy in/out for everyone and the laces clamp down pretty good.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-21-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
The torque as Nick suggested. I currently ride the Venza which is suuuuuper cheap, and also a great binding to hit a wide range of sizes.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-21-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
I'd agree with the other posts, CWB and Ronix stuff holds up better than the other brands bindings. Club gear get very roughly treated in my experience.
Check out these discount packages at evo.com:

Ronix: -$349
http://www.evo.com/mashups/ronix-vau...ings-2012.aspx
CWB: - $399
http://www.evo.com/mashups/cwb-absol...ings-2012.aspx
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-21-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
OT Vantage for sure
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-22-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
The big downside for the CWB hinged bindings is where they split their sizes. Instead of having something that covers the range of the most common sizes (something like 7-11), they have a small one that's like 5-8 and a large one that's like 9-12. So even though the hinge tech seems like a good idea, in practice neither the large one nor the small one fits my average sized feet. The large ones are too big, and the small ones are too small. If your crew is 100% large guys or 100% girls/teens/kids, then the CWBs will be just fine. But if you have a crew with a mix of girls and guys or a mix of adults and teens or anything like that CWB hinge bindings are a very poor choice for a one-size-fits-all setup compared to some other options like the ones I listed in my last post.