Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
I will be working on this, and posting images throughout the day. But here is a teaser.

We got the master weighter on board, we decided to see what the RZ2 could do if we took all that we learned so far, and created the best wake we could for these pros. I will admit we favored the surf riders with steep lip and lots of pop, but we adjusted when the skimmers rode. The wave was kicking them off the top, we coined the phrase, "he caught a yard" when there was a full 3 feet under the board, it was amazing. I will post those later today.

DISCLAIMER: 95% of the time or more we ride our Tige under the posted weight limit with about 1000 lbs in the corner + people. We decided on this occasion that we were going to go big or go home, and went out on a Wed. and got permission to use a "no ski" area, so in a sense, pros with closed course. We also didn't weight the boat past the point where we felt it was unsafe for the conditions.

Here is the teaser pic. I have video from a chase boat from the side also coming.

NOTE: This is about 1/2 or less of the air these guys were getting, but its a good picture that shows the length and size of the wake and the conditions. Stay tuned. Also, all ballast was hidden, and same on both sides.

Last edited by wakeworld; 08-07-2010 at 7:47 AM.