Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Yesterday at the lake just kinda made me snap, I dont wanna get into the details, but basically I have lost faith in people and have realized common sense doesnt exist.

I know many have tried but not at my lake, so Ill give it a shot.
Im going to try these people not being informed so Im planning on making a flyer and sticking it on every truck in the lot next time out that touches on ramp courtesy and overall riding courtesy.
You guys have any contributions?

Here is a pretty rough list I have so far.

Dont Tie up Ramp Side

Dont Tie up on the dock where people drop/pick up, move your boat along the dock closer to shore so you are out of the way

Be conscious of whats going on around you

Dont stop to wipedown on the ramp, or anywhere near the ramp, other people need the space to launch

Be ready to launch when its your turn, or get out of the way

Dont swim by the dock or the ramp or hangout on the ramp. (yea there was a group of 4 guys like hanging out one time and wouldnt move, they were just standing there)

Close your door when your backed down on the ramp

Turn your lights off when your backed down the ramp at night

Dont ask me for my pass, its a yearly pass, and I already said NO 5 times.

If you need help, ask! Most people are more than willing to help and explain how to do something the right way.

Pay it forward.

What do you guys think? any i need to add or should take off?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
I think it's a great list and it would be awesome if people actually listened to it. Problem is people are so ignorant and think they're right anyways, let alone give two chits what you or anyone else thinks. You'll find all these flyers wadded up on the ground, and if they see you put it on all the vehicles don't be suprised to see your truck all keyed up. It's not about common sense it's about respect and common courtesy, not many people know what those are anymore.

I wish you luck.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Don't unload your car at the launch...I hate it when people do that. They're dropping the boat in and all the sudden a clown car of schitt comes out, coolers, floatys, umbrellas, bbq's, etc
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
I think it's a great list and it would be awesome if people actually listened to it. Problem is people are so ignorant and think they're right anyways, let alone give two chits what you or anyone else thinks. You'll find all these flyers wadded up on the ground, and if they see you put it on all the vehicles don't be suprised to see your truck all keyed up. It's not about common sense it's about respect and common courtesy, not many people know what those are anymore.

I wish you luck.
Ill try and be sly about it, I dont want my truck getting keyed haha. If I cant come up with something that doesnt look official and comes across nicely I wont do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Don't unload your car at the launch...I hate it when people do that. They're dropping the boat in and all the sudden a clown car of schitt comes out, coolers, floatys, umbrellas, bbq's, etc
Agreed. Itll be on the list.

What do you guys think about going to the forrest service and seeing what they have to say? Help them make a courtesy pamphlet/flyer that they can distribute when you buy a day pass, something along those lines.
On weekends and yesterday i guess its a circus at this lake, I swear you could bring a chair and sit and watch these yahoos and get a good laugh.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/recrea...ng-index.shtml

scroll down to the bottom, thats what they offer as information. not very much of that is real useful.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-24-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
I swear you could bring a chair and sit and watch these yahoos and get a good laugh.
There's an idea Joey, bring a video camera and post some youtube videos, or better yet, create a website that outlines general ramp and boating etiquette. Distribute the web address along with the flyers, sooner or later these ramp-tards will see video of themselves and hopefully change their practices
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
id hope so. I had to literally tell this guy to "get the Fack off of the ramp, just move dude, i dont care what your doing just get out of the way!" he was standing there for like 15 minutes putting on a vest and looking at his jetski....this was after I had to help him back down his truck, that he decided to park at the top of the launch....he left his truck there for 30 minutes while he was driving his ski around.

www.ramptards.com ?
Scott you know how it can get at saguaro, its either empty or a ZOO. I guess everyone figured it would be empty because of the overcast weather yesterday and it was crazy. due to yesterdays "events" I cant go out at all next week, prop wont be fixed till thursday evening and im not braving another friday!
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-24-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Ramptards.com sounds good, or boatingshenanigans.com, heck, how do we create an entirely new Internet database...... .idiot It can take over, there can be a .idiot for everything, boating.idiot, tubers.idiot, jetski.idiot, BP.idiot......

That sucks about the prop, I've got a spare if you'd like to borrow it so you can get on the lake next week, or you can ride with us next week.....and surf frontside for once
Most of the Chandler and Gilbert Elementary schools start back on Monday, so hopefully that will thin out the crowd a bit. Maybe thats what was going on @ Saguaro yesterday, last weekday of summer, time to cram in one last day at the lake.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
Be sure and put one of those flyers on your own truck so it doesn't look like you did it
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
At Bartlett on Thursday I was dropped off on the back of a boat that was tied up on the end of the ramp dock. It had about 6 people on it who looked at me as I walked through their entire boat to get to the dock to go get the trailer. I politely said sorry and walked on.
It's common sense to some, and not to others. I'm sure it's bad everywhere, but AZ can be entertaining.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
Scott- appreciate it man but with my luck the way its going, id owe you a prop haha. what days are you going out next week? Can chip in for gas, bring drinks whatever.

Hate- haha good plan ill make sure i look inconspicuous.

Ty- right on man thats kinda funny, but yea its like some people dont care enough to give a $hit. Bothers me man, makes everything out there much harder.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-24-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
There should be a class or something for all new boat owners,or just people who go to the lake.
Went to launch last weekend,and there was a group of about 20 people swimming at the launch.Its a one lane launch,and all the morons were there swimming.....of course it was a saturday.
All the trash was gone by sunday.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Love it! I can't stand it when people post up in the end of the launch dock and they almost always have no control over their boat.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
Yea. I seriously wish AZ was a state that required boat licenses to operate any type of motorized watercraft. I think it would help the idiot factor.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-24-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
How about, don't take off as fast as you can after launching your boat, leaving a huge wake at the ramp just because you want people to hear your stupidly loud 200hp chevy truck 350 that came straight from the junkyard to your boat.
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-24-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
I would think you need to liase with local authorities on this.Possibly ask around to those people you know are doing the right thing and form some kind of user group and approach like that , numbers mean a lot more than one individual. As for stuffing around on the ramp, ask them to put a sign up in an area that clearly states "PRE LAUNCH PREPARATION AREA".
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-24-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
Oh, there are giant signs at the docks that state the rules/regulations for the dock and "NO SWIMMING OR FISHING FROM DOCK". I guess the authorities that put these signs up assume the type of person that comes to swim from the dock can read...... There are also marked pre-load and clean-up areas, and stated time limits. Again, it takes someone with common sense and courtesy to abide by these suggestions. Unfortunately its those of us that think of others around us, that are always the ones penalized.
The forest service, and those running and patrolling the lakes don't care, so long as everyone has paid their lake access fees.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-24-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
Last week, we were pulling up to the dock at the ramp to pull the boat out, and some guy walks up to the end of the dock and casts out his line (there is a designated fishing pier about thirty feet from the boat ramp dock). I am always respectful to fishermen, as I enjoy to fish as well, but this guy just gives an eat sheet and die look, and continues to fish. So we went ahead and pulled right in.
Old     (kidder)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-24-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
This is the one that continues to happen on the ramp I use. "Dont stop to wipedown on the ramp, or anywhere near the ramp, other people need the space to launch"

The others, not so much. Good list, though.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-24-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
Saguaro sucks nutz, We quit going on the weekends because you couldn't get any clean water, not to mention the a-holes at the launch. Your right people out there love to tie up on the launch side. Better yet they tie up and leave the boat to go get their truck . The list goes on and on and on...........
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2010, 1:26 AM Reply   
during the week, even fridays so far this summer, have been great at saguaro, very few problems at the launch up untill this friday. I swear its like if you go to saguaro AND you have a SAN you HAVE to powerturn and F3ck with people on the ramp. I know the bomb wake crew is out there in their SAN and theres one other group in a 210 thats like a father and son who are cool, all the others are freakin tards. (this is just me being pissed at a few individuals who just happened to have SANs and do the same **** every time)

Imagine that scene from austin powers where he gets the electric cart stuck and does like 10000 point turn......but with me and a boat on the first ramp at saguaro, ..... throw in some wind and lets just say it didnt end well. props plus is getting my business. for the sake of the kids in their boat, the red SAN owner didnt get an earload....
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2010, 5:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for posting this, Joey! I hate that it happens in AZ also, but it makes me feel better knowing Florida isn't the only state where people lack respect, courtesy and common sense! These people must be blessed with no self awareness to understand how big of an idiot it takes to block a boat ramp....especially the double lane ones where the wife holds the boat "leash" that is only tied to the front, leaving the rear to float out and block both ramps!!

Good luck with coming up with a flyer that can convey the right message to such a tough audience!
Old     (fingerstick)      Join Date: May 2009       07-25-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
most jet skiers i have met are courteous friendly people its the weekend rental a- holes that bug me. They get right at the end of the ramp and do circles trying to impress thier fat girlfriends and mess the launch up for everybody. There are no wake signs all over the place,but they don't care! I have had a run-in with a couple over the years! Not everyone was raised with a sense of decency and respect.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-25-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
"Close your door when your backed down on the ramp
Turn your lights off when your backed down the ramp at night"

You kinda lost me on these...these don't seem very bothersome
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-25-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
Send Todd one of your lists...
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-25-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
It sounds like we all have similar stories. Out at Bartlett today, when we were leaving this evening, the entire 10 minute clean-up area was full (6 boats/trucks), which is fine with me because I usually just find a parking spot for clean-up and take our time and hit the head/etc. Anyway, we cleaned up the boat, packed up the gear, loaded the kids, hit the restroom, probably spent 20 mins or so, and when we were pulling out of the parking lot the same tards were still in the 10 minute clean-up area that were there when I got dropped at the dock to get the truck. Drinking some beers and exchanging stories from the day. And, to boot, one was a trailer with 4 jetskis.......

Here's one to add to the AZ list (not sure how it applies to other states);
When your boat is to speed and your rider is up, put down the orange flag. The flag is to signal to other boats that there is a rider DOWN in the water!!!! The correct protocol, as a driver, when you see an orange flag is to scan the water for the DOWN rider/tuber/surfer/etc of the other boat and signal to the other boats driver that you have a visual on their rider. So, how am I supposed to teach my kids how to properly pay attention when driving the boat while I surf if they have to be a nervous reck scanning the water for DOWN riders that aren't there??

Hey Joey, name a day and time, and I'll make it happen. Let's check the monsoon weather reports and hit up the lake this week. I'm sure I'll be able to drag Shane out there too..... another goffy footer
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnaz View Post
It sounds like we all have similar stories. Out at Bartlett today, when we were leaving this evening, the entire 10 minute clean-up area was full (6 boats/trucks), which is fine with me because I usually just find a parking spot for clean-up and take our time and hit the head/etc. Anyway, we cleaned up the boat, packed up the gear, loaded the kids, hit the restroom, probably spent 20 mins or so, and when we were pulling out of the parking lot the same tards were still in the 10 minute clean-up area that were there when I got dropped at the dock to get the truck. Drinking some beers and exchanging stories from the day. And, to boot, one was a trailer with 4 jetskis.......

Here's one to add to the AZ list (not sure how it applies to other states);
When your boat is to speed and your rider is up, put down the orange flag. The flag is to signal to other boats that there is a rider DOWN in the water!!!! The correct protocol, as a driver, when you see an orange flag is to scan the water for the DOWN rider/tuber/surfer/etc of the other boat and signal to the other boats driver that you have a visual on their rider. So, how am I supposed to teach my kids how to properly pay attention when driving the boat while I surf if they have to be a nervous reck scanning the water for DOWN riders that aren't there??

Hey Joey, name a day and time, and I'll make it happen. Let's check the monsoon weather reports and hit up the lake this week. I'm sure I'll be able to drag Shane out there too..... another goffy footer
as long as you dont mind hangin with some 19 year old punk, Ill see whats goin on, thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoddio View Post
"Close your door when your backed down on the ramp
Turn your lights off when your backed down the ramp at night"

You kinda lost me on these...these don't seem very bothersome
It gets to where you cant back into a lane because peoples doors are in the way, that should be self explanatory...
Have you ever had to back down a ramp at night with 2 trucks headlights on, shining up at you?? Go try that and get back to me...
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       07-25-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
I was at a launch yesterday where there was a single ramp, dock, double ramp, dock and single ramp. The end ramp (single) was occupied, a person was backing a boat on one side of the double and there were two jetskis in the water blocking the other single. I was just getting ready to use the double (next to the other boat) but for some reason waited an extra minute for the skis to move. As I put mine in the boat "operator" in the center couldn't back off the trailer. By the time I was tied up and ready to move my trailer, they had backed their trailer farther in and the boat just floated off with no lines. The "operator" got out of the truck and just stood there watching the boat float around between the docks...where mine could have been! I ended up jumping in and swimming the boat to the dock to get it out of the way. The person just kind of looked at my like WTF? I don't even think they had a clue...go figure. I am glad I waited for the single ramp for sure.

I have never seen anyone wipe down on the ramp but see so many arrive and prep their boats on the ramp that I almost expect it now. I think it all comes down to many people just not being aware of how their actions affect others. It happens all the time on the road so why not the launch and lake?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2010, 9:45 PM Reply   
I just dont go to the lake on the weekends when all the weekend warriors are out. for the most part, at least on the ramp, its a whole different crowd. But ive had to deal with the same guys powerturning for the past 3-4 summers.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealsGapCobra View Post

I have never seen anyone wipe down on the ramp but see so many arrive and prep their boats on the ramp that I almost expect it now. I think it all comes down to many people just not being aware of how their actions affect others. It happens all the time on the road so why not the launch and lake?
Exactly. If society would just start to understand this, the roads, the ramps, just life, would be a lot better.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-26-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Kinda funny that I started to read your post without even knowing what lake you were talking about and thought to myself, Sounds like Saguaro. And sure enough that was it. My GF and I pretty much have given up on weekends if we want to board. I think you also need to add to your list. If you see wake boarders and the water is decent, please tube away from them. I don't know how many times we will find some flat water on the south shore across from the launch and here comes a tuber doing s turns all over the place. I am new to boarding, but not boating and even as a kid I knew to give people a wide berth if they were skiing. At Saguaro is seems to be everyman for themselves no matter what. My GF and I were saying they should only allow tubing between 11:00 and 4:00 and only on certain parts of the lake. One thing I will say that is good is that they have deffinately cut down on the number of boats that they allow out before they say the lake is full. I have been out there before where I was suprised no one got killed there were so many boats and jet skis.
Anyway, I appreciated the post and like the idea. I serioously would love to see someone from the sherrifs dept or the forest service enforcing dock rules, especially tying up. I dont know how many times my GF has had to scale the bars at the end of the dock so I could picke her up because 2 boats tied up at the center of the dock leaving pretty much no room for anyone else. Hopefully one day people will learn.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
Kinda funny that I started to read your post without even knowing what lake you were talking about and thought to myself, Sounds like Saguaro. And sure enough that was it. My GF and I pretty much have given up on weekends if we want to board. I think you also need to add to your list. If you see wake boarders and the water is decent, please tube away from them. I don't know how many times we will find some flat water on the south shore across from the launch and here comes a tuber doing s turns all over the place. I am new to boarding, but not boating and even as a kid I knew to give people a wide berth if they were skiing. At Saguaro is seems to be everyman for themselves no matter what. My GF and I were saying they should only allow tubing between 11:00 and 4:00 and only on certain parts of the lake. One thing I will say that is good is that they have deffinately cut down on the number of boats that they allow out before they say the lake is full. I have been out there before where I was suprised no one got killed there were so many boats and jet skis.
Anyway, I appreciated the post and like the idea. I serioously would love to see someone from the sherrifs dept or the forest service enforcing dock rules, especially tying up. I dont know how many times my GF has had to scale the bars at the end of the dock so I could picke her up because 2 boats tied up at the center of the dock leaving pretty much no room for anyone else. Hopefully one day people will learn.
haha its like a requirement to powerturn or S turn at saguaro. Ive been out there with 3 people in the far back pool at sunset and it was super choppy because these DUMBA$$ people powerturn. So frustrating.

We get out there a couple days during the week, what boat are you guys in? We are in a Red Tige 20V with the red top (pretty unique) always surfing.

Im gonna see what rangers i can talk to next time we are out and see what they have to say. Because its getting to be ridiculous out there sometimes. During the week when no one is out there its great, still gave some guys out there powerturning, but im working on that too
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-26-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
We just have a maxum I/O and try and get out once a week. The best time we had was on a wednesday at 5:00. There was no one, maybe 3 other boats. We keep saying we will do more late afternoon trips, but now that the monsoons are rolling in, probly wont happen much. Not a big fan of trying to trailer a boat when the winds hit. Did that a few times growing up and about beached a boat twice, plus you can imagine what it is like on those ramps in high winds and narrow spaces. In AZ when the water turns that weird shade of green, head for the docks. We may have to hit you up for some surfing lessons
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Just add No Power turns at the bottom and the list will be complete.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Honestly our ramps are pretty good. Though we did have one Fri where they not only drove down their trck and boat, but also another car and unloaded everyone right there and got ready.... We do have the docks issues, but most of our issues are with power turns and tubers. They run the shoreline do s patterens, ruining the water, and making it impossible to tow behind them.
Old    SamIngram            07-26-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
In AZ FIREBIRD is the only place to go unless you want to live in a lake community!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
In AZ FIREBIRD is the only place to go unless you want to live in a lake community!
Its still salt right? Im not a fan of salt water and boats.

Quote:
We just have a maxum I/O and try and get out once a week. The best time we had was on a wednesday at 5:00. There was no one, maybe 3 other boats. We keep saying we will do more late afternoon trips, but now that the monsoons are rolling in, probly wont happen much. Not a big fan of trying to trailer a boat when the winds hit. Did that a few times growing up and about beached a boat twice, plus you can imagine what it is like on those ramps in high winds and narrow spaces. In AZ when the water turns that weird shade of green, head for the docks. We may have to hit you up for some surfing lessons
If you see us out there wave us down man. Unless theres lighting or high wind, we go out with the monsoons just gotta watch it and be careful. Was out there once where the wind made 2.5 ft rollers, consistent rollers, thats no fun. Had to have my buddies help me mussel the boat onto the trailer.

If you see us hit us up!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
I can get pretty steamed out on the lake and have come to realize that there is only one item on my personal list that needs to be followed:

DO kick back, relax and not let other people's craziness bother me.

It all comes down to how you let it affect you, I go to the lake to ride and chill. Besides all these things can just as easily be laughed off with a shake of the head.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
The truth of it all is that most of it is just ignorance, and these people aren't deliberately trying to piss you off. I, like stephan, am trying to relax more.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-26-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Joey I am all for you doing this! I was actually just talking with my buddies about doing something like that. I was at dock two last friday trying to drop a few people off. First off as we were idling up into the dock some jet boat (no wake zone remember) comes flying up cuts in front of me and we have to throw it in reverse so we don't hit him and drops off some people. Then leaves. Later in the day we were coming back to get off the lake, two boats tied up on the ramp side of the dock...no one in one of the boats and the other one was waiting for the rest of his group. Other side had three boats. Two fishing boats tied up then a big family unloading EVERYTHING at the dock. We had to wait a good ten minutes before a boat left. We kept asking people if they could wait to do that till they pulled the boat out. No one even cared!

I am all for something like this happening. This friday at least when we were at the dock was a lot better.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
Some people just don't have a clue and will never get it.

I always laugh at the people that have to load and unload everything at the dock or the ones that can't be in the boat when they unload or load the boat on the trailer. We all pile in the boat at the launch and depending on how steep the ramp is we disconnect the front hook so all we have to do is start the boat and reverse out.....driver doesn't even have to get out of the truck. Same when leaving....let my friend out to go get the truck then drive the boat on the trailer ( still with everyone in the boat) and pull out to the parking lot to wipe down. Some people really make this process difficult.

I've just come to realize as much as it annoys the hell outta me they are just the weekenders/holidayer's that don't have the experience.
Old    mojo            07-26-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
i totally understand your frustration. my local launch is filled with rednecks, idiots, and combinations of both. i can launch or re-trailer my boat alone faster than most people can drop in the water. on holiday weekends i've been patient and try to relax; which is not my strong suit. a few times i've had to just skip people in line after waiting and waiting for them to do whatever it is they can't seem to get done before they launch. when they say something i just reply, "you were taking too long. sorry" and i move on. if they get upset i just laugh with friends and continue on my business. or take things into your own hands and go shut car doors/turn lights off or whatever you need to do. just be prepared for the fall out. hire a marine police off duty to come and enforce some common courtesy rules one busy weekend and im sure folks will get the point.
Old     (Conejo_Guy)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-26-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Ya know... There could be another site called laketards. I was towing my son under the first bridge at Melones two weeks ago and saw what looked three coconuts on the water that were in our our path. As I slowed I realized that the coconuts were actually three people that were swimming in the middle of the freakin lake! The morons were just North of the center span of the bridge and didn't even have jackets on. I stopped and tried to explain that their lives were in danger and they refused my help. I asked them several times to please let me give them a ride back to shore. I can't believe they lived.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
I have a new one to add. Don't pull your ski/boat out and sit in the middle of the launch to work on it. Yesterday I was launching and had to sit and watch a guy try and get a rock out of his Sea Doo's impellar righ in the middle of the launch. He was conveniently positioned though so that you could use neither launch. We went and asked him to pull up to the top and work on it which he did, taking the last parking space.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
I can get pretty steamed out on the lake and have come to realize that there is only one item on my personal list that needs to be followed:

DO kick back, relax and not let other people's craziness bother me.

It all comes down to how you let it affect you, I go to the lake to ride and chill. Besides all these things can just as easily be laughed off with a shake of the head.
I do agree man, somethings you just gotta let go, ill be sure to add it on the list. Im guilty of losing sight of that idea every now and then. Most days I think we can let it go, most of us are pretty chill guys, but we all have our days haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYDEAZ11 View Post
Joey I am all for you doing this! I was actually just talking with my buddies about doing something like that. I was at dock two last friday trying to drop a few people off. First off as we were idling up into the dock some jet boat (no wake zone remember) comes flying up cuts in front of me and we have to throw it in reverse so we don't hit him and drops off some people. Then leaves. Later in the day we were coming back to get off the lake, two boats tied up on the ramp side of the dock...no one in one of the boats and the other one was waiting for the rest of his group. Other side had three boats. Two fishing boats tied up then a big family unloading EVERYTHING at the dock. We had to wait a good ten minutes before a boat left. We kept asking people if they could wait to do that till they pulled the boat out. No one even cared!

I am all for something like this happening. This friday at least when we were at the dock was a lot better.
If we get something finalized I can shoot you a final copy and you can give them out too. I got some of those "friends dont let friends powerturn" static stickers that im gonna be sticking on peoples windshields haha. Its getting impossible to find good water at saguaro, even during the week cause of people powerturning likes theres no tomorrow.

Wont be making it out this week at all, because of the "shenanigans" of last friday. what days are you normally out at saguaro?

Hate- Ill get it on the list.

Eric- its like some people WANT to get hurt. "you cant fix stupid"

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 07-26-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
Good luck. I bet 9/10ths of the people throw it on the ground. People don't give rats butt. Move to secondary waterfront property & use your own private ramp. Even then your own neighbors will do the same stupid things. But at least I only have 17 neighbors & not 10,000 yahoos.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
Good luck. I bet 9/10ths of the people throw it on the ground. People don't give rats butt. Move to secondary waterfront property & use your own private ramp. Even then your own neighbors will do the same stupid things. But at least I only have 17 neighbors & not 10,000 yahoos.
yea but i have to at least try. If i can atleast convert the guys with the wakeboats out there that "think" they are regulars, it will be a sucess. You would be surprised how many of these idiots are guys with SANs and X-stars....
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
I do agree man, somethings you just gotta let go, ill be sure to add it on the list. Im guilty of losing sight of that idea every now and then. Most days I think we can let it go, most of us are pretty chill guys, but we all have our days haha.

If we get something finalized I can shoot you a final copy and you can give them out too. I got some of those "friends dont let friends powerturn" static stickers that im gonna be sticking on peoples windshields haha. Its getting impossible to find good water at saguaro, even during the week cause of people powerturning likes theres no tomorrow.

Wont be making it out this week at all, because of the "shenanigans" of last friday. what days are you normally out at saguaro?

If you add in tube in the middle of the lake and no power turns, then shoot me a copy and we'll pass it out at our lake too
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
will do chris. Ill have to whip up my brochure making skills....you know, the ones you were supposed to learn in highschool hahaha.
Old     (mywakeisbiggerr)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-26-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
smoking blunts!! woo hoo
Old    SamIngram            07-26-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
Anyone here in AZ see the Truck and Camper that the owner decided to drive down the ramp and into the lake at 3 AM at Bartlett? It took five Maricopa County Sheriff trucks, six scuba divers, and a tow truck to get it hauled out of there. They closed the entire ramp down for 5 hours until they could haul it back out...
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
^hahaha, didnt see it. was that this saturday?
On thursday at bartlett a guy left his truck and trailer ON the ramp. I was at the marina store when a sherrif came over and asked if anyone knew who's truck it was. The owner, in an awesomely multicolor flake painted 80's jet boat most likely buying a case of natty ice and some skoal, proudly claimed the truck but acted shocked he couldnt leave it there. unbelievable...
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2010, 3:46 PM Reply   
Hey, what's Lon doin here?
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-26-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:

Joey- I am usually out there either Friday or Saturday....gonna start switching it up. I actually messed up my knee on friday....not sure what it is just yet. If it isn't feeling any better by wed/thursday I will go to the doc. But I popped three times and couldn't put any weight on it so I had to just sit in the boat the rest of the trip and just watch. today it feels WAY better then it did yesterday so I am hoping it was just a sprain/hyperextension type thing and nothing serious.

Going up to Roosevelt this weekend though so wont be at Saguaro. But ya if you end up doing this forward it to me and I will gladly pass it around.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYDEAZ11 View Post
Joey- I am usually out there either Friday or Saturday....gonna start switching it up. I actually messed up my knee on friday....not sure what it is just yet. If it isn't feeling any better by wed/thursday I will go to the doc. But I popped three times and couldn't put any weight on it so I had to just sit in the boat the rest of the trip and just watch. today it feels WAY better then it did yesterday so I am hoping it was just a sprain/hyperextension type thing and nothing serious.

Going up to Roosevelt this weekend though so wont be at Saguaro. But ya if you end up doing this forward it to me and I will gladly pass it around.
Good luck with the knee man. I tore my meniscus in December this year snowboarding, didnt have to get surgery, but damn it sucked! hopefully its just tweaked and theres no tear. Ill be at saguaro Next week a few times, i never go out over the weekends just cause its a mess most of the time. But ill be there wednesday for sure, 9-4 ish, takin my buddy and a few of his friends out for his bird-day. Should also be out there a few other days, monday and thursday, most likely evening to catch the good water before sundown.

Will do man, ill make sure to post it up on here.
Old     (rektek)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
Here's one the bugs me every time, if you drive a small car like say a $300 Honda don't park in a slot that's marked for a truck and trailer.
I always have to hunt for parking away from the ramp because some moron took a truck and trailer slot because they're lazy.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       07-26-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
I hear ya Choppy. How about the losers that park in the grass right next to the ramp even when the parking lot is nearly empty? We have a guy here that does that all the time. I watched him one day and he got in his boat, drove no more than 100 yards by the bank, and started fishing. Go figure?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-26-2010, 10:13 PM Reply   
Is Dave the only one that noticed LON'S IN DA HOUSE?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 10:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
Anyone here in AZ see the Truck and Camper that the owner decided to drive down the ramp and into the lake at 3 AM at Bartlett? It took five Maricopa County Sheriff trucks, six scuba divers, and a tow truck to get it hauled out of there. They closed the entire ramp down for 5 hours until they could haul it back out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Is Dave the only one that noticed LON'S IN DA HOUSE?
Apparently more than just LON is in the house haha, he brought his double wide! Im sure his entire deusch crew is somewhere around.
Old     (mywakeisbiggerr)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-26-2010, 10:58 PM Reply   
double wide WITH a foundation
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2010, 11:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywakeisbiggerr View Post
double wide WITH a foundation
I am honored that Lon could make an appearance in the thread I started about idiots at the lake
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 12:15 AM Reply   
Sam and Ty,

It happened Friday around 7pm judging by how far the 20 pieces of firewood (also a pillow) were floating from the ramp, and the response time of the ambulance. Story was that the brakes went out on a 72 chevy. There was a lot of brake fluid among other crap in the water.

So here is the question why was the truck and trailer so close to the water in the first place? Unless they were hauling down hill and decided the ramp was the best option?
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
^oh wow- I guess if gearing down/Ebrake weren't working maybe the ramp into the water would be the best bet if you needed to bail. Definitely better than swerving into the desert on that last downhill stretch past the old pay stations. I think I'd piss my pants if I were driving and that happened.
You mentioned ambulance, but sam didnt. Was everyone ok?

And this Lon is not the same X80 Lon......
Old    SamIngram            07-27-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
It could not have been a '72 Chevy, it was at minimum a '73, because it had a '73-'87 body style. When we went down to check it out an older woman was on the shore to the north of the ramp. She said that they were fishing that night and at 3 AM the truck and trailer just drove straight down the ramp and into the water at slow speed and the driver swam out. She called the sheriff at 3:15. Calling an ambulance is standard procedure by the sheriff's department, so it was probably there, but by the time we got there it was gone along with the driver. We saw them pull the truck and trailer out and it was one of these type trailers:

maybe a little longer with a tandem axle. We were going to go to the parking lot at the end of the day to see if it was still there (we used the other ramp), but it was late and the road was clear for my rally car style driving out of there, so we didn't check.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeandsnow27 View Post
^oh wow- I guess if gearing down/Ebrake weren't working maybe the ramp into the water would be the best bet if you needed to bail. Definitely better than swerving into the desert on that last downhill stretch past the old pay stations. I think I'd piss my pants if I were driving and that happened.
You mentioned ambulance, but sam didnt. Was everyone ok?

And this Lon is not the same X80 Lon......
man i was all excited haha
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Laugh Out Loud trailer....I lol'd.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
Ty- the firetruck and ambulance arrived between us pulling up to the ramp, and leaving the parking lot. A lady had sliced her leg pretty good, but seemed to be ok.

Sam-

What day were you guys at the lake? Maybe these were two different incidents?

The camper we saw was similar but had running lights that were still on when we were pulling up to the ramp Friday night. The camper we saw was not in the water friday afternoon when we launched, but it was in the water when we left. The owner was on the dock when we left and said it was a 72 chevy.
Old     (BombWake)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-29-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
I know the bomb wake crew is out there in their SAN and theres one other group in a 210 thats like a father and son who are cool, all the others are freakin tards.
Unfortunatly a lot of wake boat owners dont understand they can destroy the conditions very easily...

Thanks for excluding the Bomb Wake SAN out of your comment!

See you guys around at the lake!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombWake View Post
Unfortunatly a lot of wake boat owners dont understand they can destroy the conditions very easily...

Thanks for excluding the Bomb Wake SAN out of your comment!

See you guys around at the lake!
haha of course man

Will be out today, and a few times next week. Still fine tuning our new wake, just added an 1100# in the rear locker, need a tsunami pump so we can start filling the 2 old 400# we have to throw on the seats.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-31-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
We were out today, thought the lake may be decent because of the rain last night. Were we wrong, boats everywhere and crap water. May want to add a couple things to the list like, When going to the back side of the lake, run down the middle, not along the shore where people are boarding. Twice today we had decent water but as soon as my GF got in, here come 5 boats hauling ass right along where we were trying to ride. And of course when we got back to the ramp there was a group of peopl tied to the dock and unloading all their stuff with their empty boat trailer taking up half of one of the ramp lanes. I about hit their boat trying to drop off my GF and got the stink eye from some 16 year old.
Then a guy in a crappy run about cuts off some dude in an Avalanche at the end of the dock who is trying to just drop some one off to get his truck, then the guy in the runabout just puts around in the water blocking the ramp. The guy in the Avalanche looks at him and asks him what he is doing and the guy tells him he is waiting for a friend. So the guy tells him he needs to move cause he is blocking the launch and the guy who is waiting flips him off and turn his boat right into me as I am trying to trailer my boat. he sees me and keeps turning into me instead of turning away, so I basicaly had to throw into reverse so I didnt get nailed. The guy was a total moron. If we didnt have a friend in town there was no way I would have gone. So tired of weekends at Saguaro.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-01-2010, 11:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
We were out today, thought the lake may be decent because of the rain last night. Were we wrong, boats everywhere and crap water. May want to add a couple things to the list like, When going to the back side of the lake, run down the middle, not along the shore where people are boarding. Twice today we had decent water but as soon as my GF got in, here come 5 boats hauling ass right along where we were trying to ride. And of course when we got back to the ramp there was a group of peopl tied to the dock and unloading all their stuff with their empty boat trailer taking up half of one of the ramp lanes. I about hit their boat trying to drop off my GF and got the stink eye from some 16 year old.
Then a guy in a crappy run about cuts off some dude in an Avalanche at the end of the dock who is trying to just drop some one off to get his truck, then the guy in the runabout just puts around in the water blocking the ramp. The guy in the Avalanche looks at him and asks him what he is doing and the guy tells him he is waiting for a friend. So the guy tells him he needs to move cause he is blocking the launch and the guy who is waiting flips him off and turn his boat right into me as I am trying to trailer my boat. he sees me and keeps turning into me instead of turning away, so I basicaly had to throw into reverse so I didnt get nailed. The guy was a total moron. If we didnt have a friend in town there was no way I would have gone. So tired of weekends at Saguaro.
people are ridiculous sometimes. Gonna try and get a better draft and try and set up the flyer tomorrow. Gonna be at saguaro around 5 ish and might spread some around.