Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-17-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Mykes thread has got me freaked out! I just got a 06 Supra and I cant fit it in my garage so it has to sit in the driveway. What security measures can I take to prevent it being yanked outta my driveway while im at work? Any help would be great guys! thanks!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-17-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Lock the hitch coupler and run a cable lock through 2 of the wheels.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-17-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Fold the tongue and put a lock where the pin goes, can't tow with out the tongue locked in place.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-17-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
And get an alarm! I just installed a 2-way alarm with a proximity sensor (on a switch, so the proximity can be turned on or off depending if it's in the water or on the trailer) and a trigger-switch on my storage compartment. If they can get past the proximity sensor, they won't be able to get to the amps and batteries without a whole lot of noise...

And have them install the flashing LED in a highly visible spot -- make sure it's visible even with the cover on. Mine is drilled into the stern light, so the stern light flashes blue when the system is armed.

(Message edited by phenom_1819 on March 17, 2008)
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-17-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
lojack because if they want it they gona get it so this will help you find it if they do get it.one nice wack with a hammer takes care of most padlocks and bolt cutters make short work of the chains people put through their trailer tires. i learned these tricks from hanging out with my brother when he was the repo man. he loved getting a ticket on a boat because they were so easy to get.most less than 30 sec. 1 minute tops.

(Message edited by kko13 on March 17, 2008)

(Message edited by kko13 on March 17, 2008)
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-17-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
How about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320229287243&fromMakeT rack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-17-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Cal is correct. Proximity on a switch, mag switches to rear cargo lids, spotters seat, what ever compartment the battery is in and anything else you want covered. We have done a few with tower light flash hooked up also. Adding additional or louder sirens or an air horn is a plus too. One thing to keep in mind is current draw. Although the current draw of an alarm is very minor it can be a problem if the boat sits for a long time without a battery tender being connected.
One thing that is hot is tracking. Lojack can work on anything that you want it to but it is not as affective as the C3. The drawback with Lojack is only that it is only activated after you report the boat missing. This doesn't do much good if you are away from home for hours at a time or away from where the boat is kept for days to months at a time. Once it is activated the LoJack emits a RF signal that is only received if in range of a tower or police car that happens to have the equipment to detect it.

What you really want is this: http://www.c3autopageusa.com/

The C3 can alert as many phones as you want to pair with it when the boat is tampered with or moved. C3 operates off the 3G network in addition to a GPS antenna that can be mounted anywhere in the boat or car. C3's primary use is for vehicles but nothing is stopping us from using it in boats. Just about anything is possible with the unit. If you sum it up the C3 is a security system with unlimited range, GPS tracking.

Let me know if any of you want me to send you the demo software to your phone.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-18-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
Put it in your back yard and get a dog.