Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-07-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
I read where IWSF is holding the wakeboard worlds and the last stop of the World Cup in Qatar in October. Look on a map. It is abutting Saudi Arabia, very near Iran, pakistan and other nice guys.

Who is going to want to be part of Team USA and where the USA clothes? I'd rather be a turkey at Thanksgiving. They have never held it in USA but chose Qatar. No booze? Can the women where a swim suit or do they have to be veiled and clothed. Qatar?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
Qatar is cool, go there before you talk ish. Because as much as you want to lump all muslims together, they are not the same. Heck there's even a girl on WW from Qatar asking what board she should get her boyfriend. Speaking of Turkey, that place is awesome too! & the UAE (United Arab Emirates) is pretty dope as well.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-07-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
They held a World Cup event there in 05. Shapiro wrote an story about it for Alliance (July 05 issue) Drew some big names riders.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-07-2007, 9:36 PM Reply   
It is so good to see we are PC on this site. Why can't we all just get along? I was in the Navy and did visit the PG. Cool experience but dude- not a place where you want to send the family.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-07-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Why not heres whats being built right off of the coast of their capital... I'll go
Upload
and heres a link i just googled and its a trip all kinds of stuff from BK to pizza hut to dairy queen. Not what most would think
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/skz/pictures/qatar2004/qatar2004.html
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-08-2007, 5:04 AM Reply   
Maybe we could all get along if people would not constantly make stupid remarks without doing their research.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-08-2007, 5:09 AM Reply   
Also with the prize $$$$ im sure most of the top name pro's will be there.