Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
guys-

if anybody wants to barter your old board/bindings for some wake art that would be cool.

i have been featured in some surf mags for my oils on canvas (ESM for one).

you can see my art on my site at:

www.thesurferssoul.com

most of my commissioned art sells for around $200-$300.

i could just paint something and sell it but i figured this might be quicker. most of my custom work is done from people sending me photos.

let me know if anybody is interested.

ps-i need a board in the 136-142 cm range, im a beginner and weigh about 175lbs.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
your work is great. are you planning on doing any wakeboarding art? Or just surfing/ocean stuff?
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
thanks man.

i was thinking doing some wakeboarding art for anybody willing to trade for a board w/some bindings. i wouldnt mind trying a new subject.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
Unfortunately I don't have anything to trade you, at least not anything you would want to ride. I would be willing to donate a picture for a subject if you're interested.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
hehe way to go david living the true surf bum lifestyle in new jersey...you crack me up. your work looks awesome!

Let's Help Raise Money to Buy DAVID'S board!
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
thanks mango. i figure if the art can get me a boat, it can get me a board.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Dave Nice Artwork on the Bruce Irons, Backdoor pic. I have the original photo hanging up at work with a few others. The Rob Machado was also cool in that transworld surf magazine that month.
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
thanks mango. which one was the machado pic?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
i don't think you painted it but the machado pic was in the same month you got the irons pic in.
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
oh i gotcha. i didnt know you surfed mango. where do you go out? that backdoor painting got shipped to alaska if i remember correctly. i always thought that funny that a painting of hawaii ended up in alaska of all places.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
deal, sometimes lbi. i've got a WRV.

how did you end up selling that to a guy in alaska- ebay?
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
he saw me in Eastern Surf Magazine and emailed me. keep an eye on it tommorrow if you havent already gone out for a paddle.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
a dude from alaska subscribes to ESM...that's crazy. Gotta love the chicks on their website

http://www.easternsurf.com/
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
i imagine he was looking at the online version, but you never know. i remember looking at the chicks when it first started getting published and drooling.
Old    dbogart            07-13-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
i cant beleive their surf art feature is still up online.