Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-06-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
by only dealing with companies back that support us back and staying away from those who treat us like dirt. This includes shop owners who constantly belittle our sport like Off-Axis/ BoardersMall.com
Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-06-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
OK, I'll bite. How do they dis. the sport? They have wakesurf listed on their site. They even carry TWP boards made in the good old USA.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-06-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Because every single thread that deals negative towards wakesurfing they have either started or make posts in talking down on the sport. Just because they're trying to make money off us doesn't mean they're down with us

(Message edited by CAskimmer on October 06, 2009)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-06-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
It's no different than Hyperlite's "support" of wakesurfing
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-06-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
Awwww did the widdle waksurfers get their feelings hurt??

Hahaha you said "sport", hahaha.
Old     (hank_rearden)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-06-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
Why are so many wakesurf types apparently so insecure?

Who gives a sh|t about whether companies "deal negative towards wakesurfing"?

(side note: it's a good thing your english teachers aren't reading this thread, they should be ashamed).
Old     (duckboat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-06-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
Water sports are water sports and should support each other. There are a lot of people out there that complain all boating is causing beach erosion and would hate to see our public waters turn to no wake zones. I have seen many news reports since I can remember and no wake is always the solution. Be careful.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-06-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
austin surf company stocks football helmets and boxing gloves for this very reason
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-07-2009, 2:07 AM Reply   
As mentioned in the OP, if you don't like what people are saying then don't support their shop or the companies that they represent. Or just pick up the general habit of supporting the people who help the local community instead of talking sh-t on wakeworld.

And on a related note- if you're in Nor-Cal you might wanna check out California Marine Sports in Fairfield. They're in the old Ultimate Watersports building but the staff is pretty much a 180 degree difference. Everyone there surfs and they carry Walker Project and Inland Surfer. I just did some photo work for them recently and they were really awesome to work with. Just thought I would pass the info along to anyone in the area.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-07-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the tip on CMS. I will check it out.

I think the point is, its good to support the companies that support the wakesurfing community. The smaller companies like inland, twp, and shredstixx that are helping to drive and support local contests and really doing the wakesurf r&d. I know those are the companies I love to support. No offense to any company not listed, those 3 just came to mind. I think you get the idea.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-07-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
I didn't get treated poorly by Boarder's Mall. They sold me a board at a saving of $200 off others and shipped it to another country without any hassle, but some cost. That let me justify getting a second board so it supported my wake surfing efforts.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-09-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
How is this for a Shop wakesurf display?

California Marine Sports:

Upload
Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-09-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
Did you take this? dtw
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
clay, nah i took it. i posted it on the shop's facebook a few days ago.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-10-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
lets see some evidence, where are the posts
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-10-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
evidence here

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=303982&id=246237780023&ref=mf
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
I wish dave took the pics, maybe with a wide angle or something. but I dont think he would drive 7ish hours to shoot the shop.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-10-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
in a previous economy, I would be there for your shop, and the big boy brigade.

Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-10-2009, 5:07 PM Reply   
@ mitch this is your shop?
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-10-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
Wardovision,

Let's see some evidence of BoardersMall not helping wakesurfing. I am one of the owners of BoardersMall and was an Inland Surfer Rep for 4 years from when they first started out and turned many many people on to wakesurfing and still wakesurf myself! We have supported local wakesurf contests, we carry IS and TWP plus boards and accessories from all the wake companies.

I actually set up CMS as an inland surfer dealer and they were a competitor of my shop, is that treating wakesurfing like dirt?

Wouldn't selling wakesurf boards and gear and then "treating them like dirt" be like biting the hand that feeds us?

Maybe you don't like that we do not sell YOUR brand of wakesurfers but if you have proof of us bad talking wakesurfing let's see it!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Clay, I do all the pro shop stuff.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-10-2009, 10:34 PM Reply   
That's a nice looking shop and I would love to do a podcast featuring such a wakesurf oriented shop. Hook me up with who to talk to.

@slowake
Cudos for chiming in. I have purchased more stuff from wakeside in the past, but just because I seemed to find them first. I will give boardersmall a try, see how it goes.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-11-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
As far as the boarders mall thing goes...I bought a TWP board from them for dirt cheap and had great response and communication from them. With the amount of time they spent communicating with me, I find it hard to believe they made much profit on my sale, yet were still more than willing to make the sale.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-12-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
This is amazing, I have never, nor has anyone else ever started a thread about wakesurfing, let alone downgrade it. Where are you getting this, we love wkesurfing and even teach it at our camp. Wow!
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       11-12-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
I purchased an IS Blue Quad from BoardersMall along with a handful of other non-wakesurf items (wakeboards, bindings & a line). I received all items accurately & promptly and would do business with them again. The wakesurf items are displayed as prominently as all the other items on the site. Even the rotating banner ad displays a wakesurfer (and the logos of the brands offered). The only minor problem that I've had was when trying to place an order. One time, the web page had a bug and wouldn't let me complete the order. I called them on the phone and they took my info and processed the order immediately.

I think the random hate generator gun has a hair trigger on it! Keep up the good work BordersMall!