Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
So I attempted a 360 yesterday and didn't quite pull it off, and now I have 6 stitches in my chin. My knee and chin managed to make contact on the landing . Are there any tricks to avoiding over compressing on your landings? What am I doing wrong? A few years ago I randomly started doing this on my landings and a few weeks later I tore my MCL.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-19-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
It sounds like you are breaking at the waist to absord your landings. That causes your face/chin to come towards your knees. Try to really think about sitting back against the rope in a chair when you land. It's better for your knees and should keep you from hitting your face on stuff. Sorry to hear about that.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
You didn't anticipate the landing. Stomp it down with confidence.

It happened to me last year on a 540. 10 stitches to the chinny chin chin.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I was out with my brother last week and he caught an edge and did a face plant. When I came back around he was bleeding on the side of the head peice. He came out of the hospital with 11 stitches. Can water do that? Cut you like a knife? We thought he must of smacked into some floating debris. Till this day we still don't know. Have anyone here get opened up by the water?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-19-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
midwest i did the exact same thing trying a 3. first time knee to chin 8 stitches, 2nd time knee to lip 12 stitches, very frustrating and has kinda turned me off of trying them again.

(Message edited by tings00 on May 19, 2006)
Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
I think I might have bent over at the waist. Plus I could ride with more confidence so I will try and focus on both those things. Doc said don't get it wet for 3 days, and don't swim until the stitches are out. Anyone have experience with boarding with fresh stitches?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-19-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
i waited until mine were out, didnt want to mess up this pretty face, lol
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
Happens to everyone!
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-20-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
midwest sorry to hear about the stitches...i had 7 in my head last summer on a failed shuv-it attempt....was out a day and was back in water the next. just getcha some waterproof bandaids...walmart or your local grocery store should have em and make sure you get big enough ones to more than cover the entire area