Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-20-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have fitted two perfect passes in the last month and it was only when i saw water pouring out from under my dash did i now there was a problem. I have a 1994 SN and fitted the system with no problems at all. It was only when i started use the boat that i noticed water coming out from under my dash from behind the electrics.
I opened the dash up and could see no sign of the water. It was a case then of taking the dash off and going for a spin. The problem was that the water poured out only when we were going fast which was strange to say the least. So with the dash off and heading across the lake it became clear were the water was coming from. The old speedo i had diconnected. I hadnt realized that the hose i had removed to fit in the PP was connected to the impeller at the bottom of the boat and needed to be clamped or blocked off. Luckily the hose wasnt near the radio when the water started coming out or it would have be good night. So anyone out there it may seem a simple obvious thing to some but i missed it on two installs so be careful.
Rob
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-20-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
I think that is mentioned in the PP installation instructions.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
FYI that hose is hooked to the speedo pickup that hangs from the back of the boat
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-20-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Its mentioned in the manual. You must have overlooked it.
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-20-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Cheers guys. Just putting it out there.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-20-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
Thanks Robbie for pointing out your overlooking of this issue. I am sure it will be appreciated by people who don't always read the manual all the way through.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
I stuck a golf tee in mine and zip tied it on, in 3 years it has never leaked!
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-20-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
Did the same thing on my personal boat......