Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-04-2016, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
That sit in was hilarious. Who needs ISIS with that group of idiots the running our nation.

How about your guys' sit-in? Or did you not follow politics then. Just another one of the backwoods cousin loving trump guys this year?
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-04-2016, 11:01 AM Reply   
Trump trump trump!!!!
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-05-2016, 12:31 PM Reply   
Equally bad... shiut sandwich versus turd burger. I suspect both taste bad.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-05-2016, 9:05 PM Reply   
No charges for the most corrupt name in politics. I didn't expect anything to ever come out this circus
Serious if bill can avoid impeachment for banging chick is in the White House what chance do u think the "beast" is gonna get any charges for here handling of her emails
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-05-2016, 9:59 PM Reply   
Poor Ram, Faux News has been lying to you and convincing you there was ever a chance of your dream coming true. Republican FBI director confirms what all the republican congressmen knew after (and most of them before) their witch hunt (which you and I paid millions of dollars for - waste of taxpayer money which is something republicans used to care about). And now you cry about the unsurprising result.

Did you cry when the republican congressmen (all three of which led the charge to impeach Clinton were cheating on their spouses at the time - although only one of them was doing so with young boys) failed to nail Bill too? It'll be interesting to see if Drumpf (who's an admitted philanderer - but I guess that only bothers you when Ds so it) ends up picking Gingrich (one of the three). Guess Hastert is off the table since he piddled those young boys...
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       07-06-2016, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Poor Ram, Faux News has been lying to you and convincing you there was ever a chance of your dream coming true. Republican FBI director confirms what all the republican congressmen knew after (and most of them before) their witch hunt (which you and I paid millions of dollars for - waste of taxpayer money which is something republicans used to care about). And now you cry about the unsurprising result.

Did you cry when the republican congressmen (all three of which led the charge to impeach Clinton were cheating on their spouses at the time - although only one of them was doing so with young boys) failed to nail Bill too? It'll be interesting to see if Drumpf (who's an admitted philanderer - but I guess that only bothers you when Ds so it) ends up picking Gingrich (one of the three). Guess Hastert is off the table since he piddled those young boys...
Well said! It's amazing that republicans are so upset and fail to realize that every aspect of HC's email investigation was lead by republicans. They also cry foul and point to Obama when they forget that all roads led back to a Republican controlled congress!

Not to mention Colin Powell (also a republican) did the exact same thing! It should also be said that in 2009 and the State Dept didn't even have a protocol for email on a mobile device!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2016, 7:22 AM Reply   
Bill's crime was not banging chicks in the white house. Who cares who these politicians "kiss" and where. His crime was lying about it under oath....to congress

for me, it doesn't matter who you are. That's a crime. If you and I would be jailed, so should a politician. The above the law crap needs to stop. The articles that I have read didn't say that she was innocent, just that he recommended not pressing charges

did I miss read? It's possible. My give a damn about politics is busted. I'm pretty convinced now that we have no voice. The powers that be have decided, and the voting process is just to placate the masses

but that's what the electoral college was setup to do.......
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2016, 8:07 AM Reply   
Wes: Ram had no delusions there would ever be any kind of real justice. So I'm not let down. It just re-confirms my suspicions that our government is corrupt and it serves itself, before it serves us. One of Hilda Beast's best attributes, is the way she can deflect and take damage. She truly is one tough old bird. Being a lifelong politician she has learned better than most how to get through a scandal or two. Putting politics aside for just a moment Dem or Republican I'm a American first and how embarrassing would be for the United States to elect Hillary and then to only file charges on her and possable jail time. I know you will label me a tin foil hat, but my opinion is this whole thing was swept under the rug, and Trump is 100% correct she is the Most corrupt person to ever run for the office.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-06-2016, 9:47 AM Reply   
Grant, I think you and I certainly agree on being Americans first - we just differ somewhat on what that means and how to go about it :-)

When I say you were lied to, I really mean "we" were all lied to, and not just by Faux News, but by pretty much every headline-baiting news outlet out there. The technical side of the reporting on this issue has been horrible - nobody really understands this stuff, but the short story is that if you're going to take any kind of action against Clinton, you'd have to do so for her two predecessors and a ton of other folks too.

The thing that this continues to highlight is how bad our govt is at technology. Like REALLY REALLY REALLY frighteningly bad. Standards are not in place, security is poorly implemented, documented, and managed, the list goes on. Hell our nukes are controlled by 8 inch floppies that are older than I am. Huge mess.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2016, 9:50 AM Reply   
"she is the Most corrupt person to ever run for the office. "

Are you kidding, or just don't know history. Nixon committed treason to win the executive office. Reagan sold weapons to our enemies and funded terrorism with the proceeds.

Did it ever occur to anyone that as a prominent politician that you need to be secretive? If you aren't then anything that can be twisted will be used against you by your political opponents. If people were smart enough to stop believing the sources that lie to them then they would stop watching Faux News or at least open their eyes to the manipulation. I've got ignorant Facebook friends that are still posting that Hillary held back the military for 13 hours. When the population is that ignorant and easy to manipulate then you can't expect your politicians to be too concerned about what you know.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2016, 11:14 AM Reply   
Remember that time that the Bush administration lost 5 million emails and nobody cared?
http://www.salon.com/2015/03/12/the_...otten_partner/
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2016, 1:08 PM Reply   
I find the terminology the FBI report states about Clinton as "extremely careless" in handling sensitive communications "fishy" and I agree with Ryan's reaction.
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...gs-for-clinton
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-06-2016, 1:43 PM Reply   
Everyone agrees that both candidates are terrible. This might be a good time to look at a third party.
If any polls ask you who you will vote for say the libertarian party. You can vote for who you want but if they get 15% in the polls they get to the debate and if nothing else it will be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHEpTh3kqR8

I know very little about these guys but I do like that they are speaking clearly about what they believe without B.S. "patriotic" music in the background or hugging an ethnically diverse child. They just say what they believe.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-06-2016, 1:51 PM Reply   
I agree that it would be nice to have a third voice in the debates, and I think the 15% number is ridiculous. Given the 2 party lock in place I think any 3rd party getting 5% should be included.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2016, 1:57 PM Reply   
I think they should be included in the debates because they aren't a sideshow, they actually know what they are doing.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-06-2016, 3:33 PM Reply   
They already have 10% according to the latest Fox news poll. The catch 22 is that no-one is polling them. The system is completely rigged.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-07-2016, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
How about your guys' sit-in? Or did you not follow politics then. Just another one of the backwoods cousin loving trump guys this year?
No substance man. Just another little man in womens clothing. Find someone else's *** to suck on .

Last edited by deneng; 07-07-2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Response
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-09-2016, 8:18 PM Reply   
What are y'all a thoughts on the anonymous FBI official's responses and insite on Hillary from the 4chan forum? Pretty interesting and scary stuff if it's all true. http://www.infowars.com/fbi-source-c...re-government/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-09-2016, 9:36 PM Reply   
Infowars, LOL
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-10-2016, 7:50 AM Reply   
Yes I know it's infowars, but I wasn't referring to their article as so much the link within with the picture of the full 4chan thread. I couldn't find my way back to the thread that I had first seen the information from. I probably should have specified that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2016, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
No substance man. Just another little man in womens clothing. Find someone else's *** to suck on .
Don't mind him. He's just a simple troll and he's not even very good at it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2016, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTyler89 View Post
... if it's all true.
Big if. Remember Chemtrails?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-14-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
Trump picks Indiana Gov. Mike Spence as running mate:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...pick/87075866/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2016, 3:02 PM Reply   
Is this really going to be your Vice President?
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-14-2016, 3:05 PM Reply   
Sorry typo - Pence not Spence
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2016, 3:31 PM Reply   
Thank God he didn't pick Christy or Palin! Even the Muppet is better them
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-14-2016, 3:33 PM Reply   
Reading between the lines it sounded like he really wanted Big Chris but his family set him straight
Old    deltahoosier            07-14-2016, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Reading between the lines it sounded like he really wanted Big Chris but his family set him straight
Sounds like Jerry Jones' son when he would not let Jerry draft Johnny Manzel....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-14-2016, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Is this really going to be your Vice President?
Not likely. There's very little chance that Trump wins.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-15-2016, 4:21 PM Reply   
I thought for sure this was a joke, but it turns out this is actually the real TrumPence logo. Is it just me or does TrumPence sound like the sh***y currency that will be left over in England when the Brexit dust settles?

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2016, 11:25 PM Reply   
You mean the pound?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-16-2016, 12:02 AM Reply   
I was aiming for tuppence/twopence
Old    bigdtx            07-16-2016, 4:29 PM Reply   
It's like what NWA would have come up with for a a F* tha Police campaign if they had a shi*tty ad agency that specialized in taxis and bus stops.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2016, 12:25 PM Reply   
Wow, anyone catch Trump/Pence's 60 Minutes interview? Poor guy is sitting there like WTH HAVE I DONE

http://gawker.com/all-the-most-excru...ium=socialflow
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2016, 1:07 PM Reply   
Some interesting info on what a POS Trump is, but more importantly how his father cosigned his business deals while Trump continued (and continues) to perpetuate the myth that he's a self made mad:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2016, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow, anyone catch Trump/Pence's 60 Minutes interview? Poor guy is sitting there like WTH HAVE I DONE

http://gawker.com/all-the-most-excru...ium=socialflow
Comedy gold. I'm starting to like the Don.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-18-2016, 7:53 PM Reply   
That logo looks like the "T" is penetrating the "P"...
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-18-2016, 10:17 PM Reply   
Melania, with the same exact speech as Michelle. This is all starting to feel like The Twilight Zone. What an incredibly embarrassing time for the GOP. Both parties really. But man oh man this is a joke.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2016, 11:34 PM Reply   
It's crazy. I would have given her the benefit of the doubt and said that her speech writers did the plagiarizing but she went to great pains to make it clear she wrote it. Wtf lifted exact sentences from Michelle...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2016, 11:41 PM Reply   
And then she rickrolled:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox.c...client=safari#
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2016, 11:45 PM Reply   
hmm
Attached Images

Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-19-2016, 5:12 AM Reply   

Really his own words?
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-19-2016, 5:47 AM Reply   
Sounds plausible.... but a little fact checking would prove this wrong.

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-peo...-people-quote/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2016, 6:07 AM Reply   
guliani's speech last night was really the only thing that was notable. He's got great stage presence!

Last night's overall theme of "there are boogiemen everywhere" was a little disappointing.

Monday night was also my intro to Joni Ernst. She was real disappointing as a speaker. BOR-ING! And yet I still felt a little bad for her when the cameras panned the convention floor to show mostly empty seats.

From the little we know about Melania in the public eye (basically last night), she's going to be a much different first lady than we've seen in my lifetime. I got the distinct vibe that she was real uncomfortable in a "hey I signed up to be pampered arm candy, not visit leper colonies" kind of way. Given trump's penchant for demanding nondisclosure agreements of his campaign staff, I really want to know what her prenup looks like. I sorta also suspec that she's probably be the first first lady with a prenup?

Last edited by shawndoggy; 07-19-2016 at 6:09 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2016, 7:08 AM Reply   
Author of "Art of the Deal" says he "put lipstick on a pig".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0a0ae97c2aa9b?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-19-2016, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
guliani's speech last night was really the only thing that was notable. He's got great stage presence!

Last night's overall theme of "there are boogiemen everywhere" was a little disappointing.

Monday night was also my intro to Joni Ernst. She was real disappointing as a speaker. BOR-ING! And yet I still felt a little bad for her when the cameras panned the convention floor to show mostly empty seats.

From the little we know about Melania in the public eye (basically last night), she's going to be a much different first lady than we've seen in my lifetime. I got the distinct vibe that she was real uncomfortable in a "hey I signed up to be pampered arm candy, not visit leper colonies" kind of way. Given trump's penchant for demanding nondisclosure agreements of his campaign staff, I really want to know what her prenup looks like. I sorta also suspec that she's probably be the first first lady with a prenup?
This is actually a pretty great point. And again, another step back for our culture. The first lady should be involved, even though most conservatives don't like it. Still I think Hillary not falling into the category of house wife and trying to get all her initiatives done while Bill was in office made the good ol trophy wife people cringe and hate her.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2016, 8:34 AM Reply   
Well, we know who Melania admires now....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
This is actually a pretty great point. And again, another step back for our culture. The first lady should be involved, even though most conservatives don't like it. Still I think Hillary not falling into the category of house wife and trying to get all her initiatives done while Bill was in office made the good ol trophy wife people cringe and hate her.
You have a lot of garbage in your head that really should stay there. What makes you think that conservatives don't like women to be involved. The idiotic f*#@ing stereotyping that comes from liberals mouths is incredible. Yet your candidate is getting millions in donations directly from countries that stone women and honor kill them for sport. Your party wants more of these animals brought into this country and you have the balls to say that conservatives don't like women to be involved?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
Gawd: if you scholars think that the TRUMP's could lift a few lines from Michelles speach and no one would "happen to notice" , your more gullible then I would have thought. I see it as this. Michele said things in her speach that are known truths, like "work hard and the sky is the limit" "give respect and get respect" and so on. I'm sure MANY other people have said these exact same Truths in other speaches, but some how Ms Trump stole these "Never spoken words from Michelle" and it's called plagiarism and it makes the news and people eat it up. Next time you go to a wedding in you hear them recite "First Corinthians" I want you to stand up and call plagiarism.

I'm not defending Ms Trump. I'm just pointing out that the Media can make somthing out of nothing! and as soon as one news agency see's the story getting traction then it seems as if you can't turn the channel with out hearing the same story over and over again.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2016, 11:00 AM Reply   
Grant, there's a difference between espousing similar ideals and literally lifting exact sentences. Did you look at the comparison? Direct rip and replace in significant sections. Almost as if someone on the Trump team did it on purpose as sabotage. And even Fox News is reporting it as significant news.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-19-2016, 11:13 AM Reply   
No matter how the using of the same speech happened, it is idiotic and really hard to believe that no one in the Trump camp knew ahead of time.

This won't be much of a long lasting story, but it is a story for today though. Either Ms. Trump or her speech writer is stupid.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2016, 11:16 AM Reply   
Wes; I guess it's all how one sees it cup 1/2 full Vs 1/2 empty. I personally didn't see it as plagiarism BECAUSE they are sayings almost everyone of us has said. Example "work hard and you can achieve anything" but I do see your side or point. And I don't know if your trying to say that Fox News is my (Go To) news source or Republicans only news source Or if Fox reports it and it's against republicans it has to be right? But your better than that wes, or at least you can come up with a link! LOL Wes/AKA link master!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
Grant the RNC isn't helping, with Priebus saying that whoever wrote the speech should probably be fired, and Lewendowski calling for Manafort's resignation.

I totally agree that these are benign platitudes and that Mrs. O doesn't have the lock on "if you make a promise, keep it." However, it's the string of identical platitudes used in the same context (explaining the values under which she was raised) while intro'ing her hubby at the party convention... if this is an accident it sure smacks of incompetence.

FWIW, Michelle's delivery was about 1000x more believable to me too.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2016, 11:19 AM Reply   
here's the fox link, G: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ng-flames.html

From the linked article:

"Folks, the video evidence is out there. Cable news channels are playing the Melania/Michelle similarities back to back. Everyone knows the Trump campaign is allergic to apologies, but insisting that this was a mere coincidence is just inflaming the media coverage."
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-19-2016, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You have a lot of garbage in your head that really should stay there.
One man's garbage is another man's treasure
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Next time you go to a wedding in you hear them recite "First Corinthians" I want you to stand up and call plagiarism.
Comparing Michelle Obama to God certainly caught me off guard considering the source..
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
I almost feel bad for Melania (ok, she's married to and has had sex with Donald at least once, so I REALLY feel bad for her). But Grant, this isn't a case of just coincidentally using similar ideas. Just an example of the direct lifting of text:
Attached Images

Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2016, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
One man's garbage is another man's treasure
Well played.....
Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2016, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
I almost feel bad for Melania (ok, she's married to and has had sex with Donald at least once, so I REALLY feel bad for her). But Grant, this isn't a case of just coincidentally using similar ideas. Just an example of the direct lifting of text:
I have a feeling that we will find this text in a speech writing book.

Regardless, at least we know she is not going to try and push through a defunct healthcare bill or tell kids what they can and can not eat for lunch anytime soon. I am good with that.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2016, 11:38 AM Reply   
Speechwriting book, you crack me up Rod. Why can't people just admit this is plagiarism? The best part is that the plagiarized text is extolling the virtue of HARD WORK lol. If Obama pulled this 8 years ago she would have been crucified. Hilarious that people get their panties in a bunch because the first lady tries to help fatass Americans eat healthier.
Attached Images

Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-19-2016, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post

Regardless, at least we know she is not going to try and push through a defunct healthcare bill or tell kids what they can and can not eat for lunch anytime soon. I am good with that.
So you're fine with her assuming the role of arm candy? And you wonder where my statement came from.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2016, 11:43 AM Reply   
Yeah, we definitely don't want anyone in the WH that might try to teach kids to eat healthy. And definitely not someone who would want them to have healthcare.

We want someone with Republican morals. You know.... the kind of morals that praise an ex president that invaded the wrong country, wasted trillions, and needlessly killed 5000 Americans. The kind of morals that when a Democrat is elected President their top man in Congress vows to bring America down to make sure that Democrat isn't elected again. You know true patriots! And we know they are true patriots because they wrap themselves in the flag while doing it.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-19-2016, 11:55 AM Reply   
Of course the Melania speech is Hillary's fault.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2016, 11:59 AM Reply   
Rod, you do realize that in our system of government, the spouse of the President doesn't actually have any power? That the program you're bitching about was an actual law, and one that was passed with a unanimous 100-0 vote in the Senate (yeah the Senate that is fairly split between R and D)?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-19-2016, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think Melania should have worn this outfit last night:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...69041071002061
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2016, 12:00 PM Reply   
Wes, you and John must not be parents of school-aged children. Have you been in a school cafeteria lately? The sad part is most kids are on a free lunch program, which means the school cafeteria is their only source of food, and they go home hungry. And any food that is not eaten must get thrown away. IMHO, the ACA is nothing but another tax and a reorganization of hospital administration. So we want Hilary morals?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2016, 12:02 PM Reply   
I also bet that Melania didn't write a college thesis spouting her hatred of white people and how an unqualified black man ought to win a job over an over qualified white man....just because he's black
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2016, 12:03 PM Reply   
Darn keyboard [Hillary]
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Ron, don't confuse frick and frack with reality
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Bitch'n about hungry kids getting a free lunch. I get how Republicans think. Even though they seem to need to keep reminding me.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2016, 12:08 PM Reply   
need to reference Wes' comment about no power and things need to be passed through congress....

Like the Iraq war. Wasn't that voted on?

damn facts/reality again
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2016, 12:09 PM Reply   
Ron, my kids start school next year. And again, are you somehow trying to blame the First Lady's push for people to get off their butts for a law passed 100-0 in the senate?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2016, 12:10 PM Reply   
Let's check out where we stand....

Left - I bitch about Republicans wasting trillions waging war in another country, killing American soldiers needlessly, and vowing to bring America down under a Democrat President.
Right - You counter with free school lunches and a essay by a black woman in college talking about the plight of a black person in a white dominated world.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-19-2016, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
need to reference Wes' comment about no power and things need to be passed through congress....

Like the Iraq war. Wasn't that voted on?

damn facts/reality again
Do you even know what the vote count was for the war? You should check. You guys only had one person against it.

And where in Hillary's damning thesis did affirmative action get brought up? I think I missed that.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2016, 12:11 PM Reply   
cliff, not sure of your point. The only candidate on either side that didn't vote for the war was sanders. Pence voted yes.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2016, 12:15 PM Reply   
democrats bear some of the blame for the war. They voted for it. And I see that we are still spending on war and still losing lives....8 years later

and yes, a first lady that is a known racist.....that's kind of a big deal

and the vow was to try to limit the effectiveness of democrats, because they believed that the dems would bring down the country

I understand that your and Oblumba's perspective is that it would be great to have only one income class....but I don't.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2016, 12:18 PM Reply   
I don't care what the vote count was. dems voted too

Obama's wife wrote the thesis

wasn't really addressing these ****ty candidates, just the parties in general

if hillary wins, I wonder if yall are still going to whine about Bush in 2020.....probably
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-19-2016, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I don't care what the vote count was. dems voted too

Obama's wife wrote the thesis

wasn't really addressing these ****ty candidates, just the parties in general

if hillary wins, I wonder if yall are still going to whine about Bush in 2020.....probably
Oh my. You mean the thesis that pretty much just told how life was between black and whites in the 80s? The thesis that all you guys could really come up with was "it's racist, and it has spelling and grammatical errors"? LOL
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2016, 12:41 PM Reply   
**** off

you guys are so ignorant

I'm done with spending any time on this

I hope your bitch wins, just so there are no more excuses when **** gets worse
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2016, 12:46 PM Reply   
Promoting a narrative the Democrats and Republicans were equally responsible for voting for war should be accompanied by some facts. Although I'd argue that there was only one Republican that's to blame (3 actually), and he was not in Congress.
Attached Images